WWE Extreme Rules

Cobra1000

Matches -

1 Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross vs. Michael Cole and Jack Swagger - Tag Team Country Whipping match

2 The Miz © vs. John Cena vs. John Morrison Steel Cage Triple - Threat match for the WWE Championship

3 Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio Ladder match for the vacant World Heavyweight Championship

4 Randy Orton vs. CM Punk - Last Man Standing match

5 Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio - Falls Count Anywhere match

6 Layla vs. Michelle McCool - No Count-Out, No Disqualification, Loser Leaves WWE

So, who is winning? The more and more I think about it, I think Alberto Del Rio is walking out of Extreme Rules and into Raw tomorrow with the big gold belt. But I'm hoping Christian can do it, he deserves it.

Anyone expect any more matches to be announced as well?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I would ask, anyone who thinks Del Rio is winning the title (thus Raw has both titles), what do you feel will happen to redress the imbalance? Miz to SmackDown? Loses title to Orton on TV next week?

My mate seems to think there is a chance of JoMo winning the WWE title and then taking it to SmackDown?!? Can't see that myself. The more and more I think about it, I still think they will give Christian a short reign on top as a final thank you/tribute to the departed Edge, however short-sighted that might seem to me and thee.

I would ask, anyone who thinks Del Rio is winning the title (thus Raw has both titles), what do you feel will happen to redress the imbalance? Miz to SmackDown? Loses title to Orton on TV next week?

My mate seems to think there is a chance of JoMo winning the WWE title and then taking it to SmackDown?!? Can't see that myself. The more and more I think about it, I still think they will give Christian a short reign on top as a final thank you/tribute to the departed Edge, however short-sighted that might seem to me and thee.

They could keep it on Del Rio until the next PPV where Orton would win it, they've done it before having both titles on RAW for a while. Del Rio could then turn up on RAW and Smackdown for the next month.

I don't care at all about the Orton/Punk and Cody/Mysterio matches. Neither feud was exactly white-hot going into WrestleMania, and they've only coasted and faded since then. I've gone off the Cole vs Other Commentators storyline a bit as well.

I'm surprised how bothered I am about the Christian/Del Rio match. Given their 435986478359845 matches on TV over the last couple of months, I feel like I shouldn't give a toss. But the ladder, Edge's retirement and draft situation have me intrigued.

I am most interested in the cage match, even though it hasn't been built up at all. I hope for some good stuff from Cena and Miz to make up for WrestleMania, and Morrison's bound to bust out some MOVEZ~. Michelle vs Layla has been put together too suddenly to get me really into it, but I'm still looking forward to it.

Not that short-sighted to be honest, they done it with Rey Mysterio.

• Paid Members
This actually looks quite good I think, but I'm buggered if I'm staying up for it. I'll download it tomorrow and watch it after my regular Monday afternoon Celebrity Apprentice catch-up.

Celebrity Apprentice?! WHEN?

This actually looks quite good I think, but I'm buggered if I'm staying up for it. I'll download it tomorrow and watch it after my regular Monday afternoon Celebrity Apprentice catch-up.

Celebrity Apprentice?! WHEN?

It's the American version - the latest celebrity season has been on for 7 or 8 weeks now. I've always preferred the US version to our one and this has been no exception - Meatloaf vs Gary Busey has been a particular highlight so far.

Should be a decent show, is there any stipulations to the Cole/Swagger vs JR and King affair such as Cole has to leave Raw if he loses etc? Think I have read something like that on here but not too sure. Also, CM Punk has to win this match however screwey it is. It's been a year since he won a pay per view match and WWE are taking the piss if they keep thinking he can make his character work even though he loses big matches constantly.

• Paid Members
Not that short-sighted to be honest, they done it with Rey Mysterio.

By short-sighted I meant because it could put another dent in Del Rio's credibility. A lot of people were surprised when he lost the matches to Christian prior to 'Mania, his push stalled further by losing to Edge in a too-short match that curtain-jerked at 'Mania, and he might in danger of losing more of his superstar aura if he fails to fulfil his "destiny" again.

Plus with Misterio, they at least planned that out and built to it for a few months prior to him winning. A Christian title win here would be completely knee-jerk and you can argue for the wrong reasons, and I think damages Del Rio who is one of the ones they seem to want to bolster the main event ranks for hopefully years to come. Fair to say at this point I don't think they see Christian in that bracket.

Archived