WWE Extreme Rules

Cobra1000

• Paid Members

Was loving Kharma's debut. Can't wait to see where they go with her.

Great show overall too. I'd say maybe Orton vs. Punk was the match of the night, which is quite surprising given Orton's most recent form. Cool to see Rey bust out the green mist, it's been ages since anyone's done that in WWE and it's such a fun gimmick. Disappointed to see Rhodes lose though.

Similarly disappointed to see Sheamus drop the Championship of the United States of America but it was a fucking great match with a great finish. Hopefully Kofi actually gets to use this moment he's built the past couple of weeks to make an impact on Raw. I could easily see him in a John Morrison or even Rey Mysterio position in future. With Sheamus losing the title, hopefully this means he gets to go back to main event level on Smackdown. The guy is ridiculously entertaining. I hope he keeps his US colour trunks too, for the hell of it.

The WHOOPIN' match was fine for what it was and it was funny to see Cole and Swagger get the victory and over-celebrate. I honestly think they should have had them doing the victory lap all the way out to the stage then air a bunch of promos through the night of them doing the lap around the backstage area, slowly making their way outside and around Tampa. They could've came out on Raw the next night still doing the lap and claim that they'd lapped all the way around Florida. I'd have marked hard for that.

Was nice to see Christian get the win, even though I would've liked Del Rio to get it. Christian and WWE should fully capitalise on him since the Edge retirement as this could be his first and last chance in the main event scene if the booking isn't strong. Loved the finish here too.

The triple threat cage match was great too. Really made all three look strong, particularly Morrison. Even R-Truth got to look cool and main-event caliber. It's times like this you realise how great WWE can be as they really did manage to make four people look strong in a three person match. I could honestly buy any of these being champion after this.

Oh yeah and what happened to Brodus Clay, it looked like he had a Mercury moment there. His face exploded.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuffed for Christian. He deserves his moment. The finish was fucked up though, clearly plan b if plan a went wrong which it did. Looked like Christian couldn't muscle the ladder over and ADR feel awkwardly. ADR looked like he didnt like taking bumps off those ladders. Dont blame him. He also works rather stiff but He's getting better.

Shame Miz dropped the title. The reset button is hit on John Cena once again. He will be the one to beat Ric Flair's record mark my words.

I hate the concept of the PPV, but it turned out to be a really good show, far better than last months offering.

Punk/Orton, Kofi/Sheamus and the cage match were all really entertaining, the opener in particular. Wasn't feeling Alberto/Christian so much but it was still ok. I only wish they'd given Edge as much time in his match last month.

I'm the only one who thought Sheamus vs. Kofi was awful then. Worst match on the show I thought.

Overall enjoyed the show. Disappointed Miz lost.

I think the stip made it difficult, because it's really about one spot, and there's not much scope for 'normal' wrestling. In a tag match it's a bit easier as they can be a lot more creative in terms of moving the table etc. But considering the limitations of the match type, i thought they done great. A couple of innovative escapes, teases and a big spot that was memorable and worth the wait, despite the hint of Rey/Psicosis elaborate self-set-up about it.

It wasn't a classic, it was never going to be with the stipulation, but i thought they worked it cleverly and it came off pretty well. And it probably took up less time than shite like the Rocks WM intro.

Well made up for Christian, it looked like the win meant everything to him.

The whole show made up for Wrestlemania, the right pace between matches (no half hour long promos), everything (except Cole v JR etc, totally bored of that now) kept my interest. Wish Miz would have kept the title but can't have everything I suppose.

Trent Baretta needs to make a gimmick out of "I can't help" though.

• Paid Members

Disappointed Miz lost. I hope they move him to Smackdown, where they actually could build the show around him. Maybe a Miz for Undertaker trade?

R-Truth was awesome once again, absolutely loving his new character. He's another wrestler who could have done with a move to Smackdown, where he could have been a red-hot top heel for the brand.

Delighted Christian won the World Title, though I hope the build up leads to a Christian heel turn and feud with Orton, rather than a Mark Henry title win and feud with Orton...

• Paid Members

Kharma has great entrance music. It's Sid meets Boogey Man meets Vader. Braw.

I enjoyed the show. The biggest plus was they did a grand job elevating the likes of Morrison, R-Truth and Christian. Also Del Rio still comes out a star, as does Cody Rhodes.

Hopefully they kill this Michael Cole/Jerry Lawler feud now. Given the way it worked out, it looks like we've got at least another three weeks of a feud that peaked ages ago.

According to Meltzer The Miz is getting demoted to the 'Chris Jericho-role' (IMO his level) and Del Rio is taking over his spot. Sucks for him but at least he doesn't have a broken freakin' neck.

• Paid Members
The reset button is hit on John Cena once again. He will be the one to beat Ric Flair's record mark my words.

Interesting.

Flair's title reign total are of course in question. When Flair returned to the WWF they referred to him as a 16-time World Champion, presumably because they did on WcW TV, neglecting to realize that WcW ignored his WWF title reigns.

Officially he has been recognized as a World Champion 18 times - he was the NWA champion ten seperate occasions and WcW World champion seven seperate time, although it only counts as 16 seperate reigns as the first WcW World title reign and ninth NWA title reign (after he recaptured it from Tatsumi Fujinami) were actually the same run, WcW merely started recognizing Flair as "their" champion during that reign, and conveniently had to get their own belt designed when Flair took the Big Gold Belt with him after he and Jim Herd had their tiff.

Add the number of Flair's "official" titles down south to the two WWF title reigns and you get 18. That's if you don't count the WcW International title as a real world title - which I don't - and of course Flair himself has come out and said that he and Harley Race would trade the titles in places all over the world, many of which never were officially recognized by the NWA board, and he estimates his total number of title runs to be around 21 or 22.

Currently Cena has won the WWE title 8 times and twice worn the Big Gold Belt for a total of 10. The only other active wrestler with more World title reigns to his name is Triple H with 13. If you go by the benchmark WWE always used to use, "16-time World Heavyweight Champion" for Flair, Cena is the most likely candidate to eclipse it at this point.

Had he stayed wrestling I wonder how many titles Brock Lesnar would have won, given how young he started?

• Paid Members

I really didn't even plan on watching this show and ended up really enjoying it. I even got into the whole diva segment from the backstage stuff right up to the faces on the girls after seeing Kharma.

Shame to see Miz lose the gold and more of a shame to see Cena holding it again.

R-Truth is suddenly relevant and I'm actually interested to see where they go with him. To think two weeks ago I was rolling my eyes at the concept of him main eventing, I'm now begging them to pull the trigger on him and Cena for the title.

Who the hell was the lumberjack in the jacket and cowboy hat?

• Paid Members
Currently Cena has won the WWE title 8 times and twice worn the Big Gold Belt for a total of 10. The only other active wrestler with more World title reigns to his name is Triple H with 13. If you go by the benchmark WWE always used to use, "16-time World Heavyweight Champion" for Flair, Cena is the most likely candidate to eclipse it at this point.

I also Believe Hogan Previously had 13 under his belt, although in the past few years the AWA said the would "officially" count hogans 2 AWA title runs, bringing him to 15.......and with him maybe getting back in the ring with sting for a TNA title match?

Flair also mentioned he dropped the NWA title to a midget wrestle once in WWC didnt he? It was never officially counted as a title reign, and the belt was simply given back to him, but i had heard somthing similar to the "Various title changes in unsanctioned territorys".

As for flair, god knows. I think 16 may be closer to the "official" number, although with various different titles (WCW saying its champion was recognised seperatly, thus making the WCW title 2 seperate titles for a short time) , title changes, etc, he could be into crazy numbers of his reigns.

I was asleep when Kharma's music kicked in, and as such was convinced for about three seconds that it was Boogeyman coming out to give McCool her send-off.

I thought the cage match was exciting as hell until after Truth left and everyone just laid around for a while.

Sad for Miz. It wasn't the time to take it off him - and he's way better than Alberto Del Rio.

Archived