WWE Extreme Rules

Cobra1000

Sad for Miz. It wasn't the time to take it off him - and he's way better than Alberto Del Rio.

This!

I thought it was quite a good PPV. I'll have to see a good quality copy first though, I hate streams.

Nice to see Christian with the World Title, he looked genuinely chuffed to pices.

R-Truth was one of the best things about the show mind. How things change eh?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
As for flair, god knows. I think 16 may be closer to the "official" number, although with various different titles (WCW saying its champion was recognised seperatly, thus making the WCW title 2 seperate titles for a short time) , title changes, etc, he could be into crazy numbers of his reigns.

If you count each recorded "officially recognized" reign as seperate, it's 19 - ten times the NWA Champion, seven times the WcW Champion and twice the WWF Champion. I class it as 18 because WcW at the time counted his ninth NWA title reign and first WcW reign as the same, hence when he returned in 1993 and won the NWA title off Big Barry, they started referring to him as "10 time World Heavyweight Champion" and at the close of WcW he was "16 time World Heavyweight Champion." Add his two WWF titles, 18.

I hadn't heard the midget anecdote, that's brilliant.

• Paid Members

Just remembered my line of the night: Booker T, when Michelle McCool kicked Layla off the rope during her entrance: "Come on...that's just like the wicked witch of the west..."

It's the way he says it, it's absolutely hilarious. Makes absolutely no sense, but Booker's reaching the stage where he's so abominally god-awful on commentary that he's actually becoming quite funny.

• Paid Members
As for flair, god knows. I think 16 may be closer to the "official" number, although with various different titles (WCW saying its champion was recognised seperatly, thus making the WCW title 2 seperate titles for a short time) , title changes, etc, he could be into crazy numbers of his reigns.

If you count each recorded "officially recognized" reign as seperate, it's 19 - ten times the NWA Champion, seven times the WcW Champion and twice the WWF Champion. I class it as 18 because WcW at the time counted his ninth NWA title reign and first WcW reign as the same, hence when he returned in 1993 and won the NWA title off Big Barry, they started referring to him as "10 time World Heavyweight Champion" and at the close of WcW he was "16 time World Heavyweight Champion." Add his two WWF titles, 18.

I hadn't heard the midget anecdote, that's brilliant.

i think its in his book, he mentions something about being billed in a match with a "local midget hero" wrestler. When he starting walking down to the ring he could see people with knives and all sorts, so he decieded to drop the belt to him. The following day he was given the title back, and it was never officially recognised.

A bit of research has popped up: 11 NWA world titles (according to wiki, one of which was not counted by wcw, the other he won just before signed with WWE aparently), 8 WCW world titles (including when nash gave hime the belt back) and his 2 WWF/E title, which would make 21 so far. Again which ones are counted i think are a discussion in themselves, as again if you count all the other "non-sanctioned" / "Non-official" reigns, he could be alot higher than that.

• Paid Members
It's the way he says it, it's absolutely hilarious. Makes absolutely no sense, but Booker's reaching the stage where he's so abominally god-awful on commentary that he's actually becoming quite funny.

Apparently in Last Man Standing matches it's very important to punch your opponent in the temple.

• Paid Members

Apparently in Last Man Standing matches it's very important to punch your opponent in the temple.

If Vince McMahon gave Mick Foley a hard time on the announce table I'd love to hear what he's been saying to Booker T...

I don't think he'll last for long after Tough Enough's over, but I'll enjoy his pearls of wisdom while they last.

On another note, Kharma had the most ear-drum shattering music I've heard in a long time. Absolutely awful theme song, as bad as some of the crap they've flung on stars in TNA in recent years.

• Paid Members
Currently Cena has won the WWE title 8 times and twice worn the Big Gold Belt for a total of 10. The only other active wrestler with more World title reigns to his name is Triple H with 13. If you go by the benchmark WWE always used to use, "16-time World Heavyweight Champion" for Flair, Cena is the most likely candidate to eclipse it at this point.

I also Believe Hogan Previously had 13 under his belt, although in the past few years the AWA said the would "officially" count hogans 2 AWA title runs, bringing him to 15.......and with him maybe getting back in the ring with sting for a TNA title match?

Flair also mentioned he dropped the NWA title to a midget wrestle once in WWC didnt he? It was never officially counted as a title reign, and the belt was simply given back to him, but i had heard somthing similar to the "Various title changes in unsanctioned territorys".

The Dale Ganger AWA has no connection to Verne Gagne's AWA and has no right to make that decision. It's up to WWE.

You're right about Flair's total being a lot larger than WWE claims it is, although I'm not convinced about the midget story. Why would WWC bring in the NWA Champion and have him wrestle a midget? You sure you aren't thinking about him losing to Jack Veneno in the Dominican Republic?

• Paid Members
On another note, Kharma had the most ear-drum shattering music I've heard in a long time. Absolutely awful theme song, as bad as some of the crap they've flung on stars in TNA in recent years.

Rubbish! It fits her character perfectly and it stands out from the usual shite they produce for the women.

I hope WWE will keep the title on John Cena now for an extended period. It will make it a bigger deal when he does finally lose it. That's the biggest issue with the title, nobody cares because it happens so much.

Just remembered my line of the night: Booker T, when Michelle McCool kicked Layla off the rope during her entrance: "Come on...that's just like the wicked witch of the west..."

Booker: Cole, did you say Miz has held the WWE Title for 159 days?

Cole: Yes

Booker: Wow, that's gotta be a record!

• Paid Members

Rubbish! It fits her character perfectly and it stands out from the usual shite they produce for the women.

interspersed with some laughs. It digs into your brain and rapes your eardrums. I absolutely hate it.

I hope WWE will keep the title on John Cena now for an extended period. It will make it a bigger deal when he does finally lose it. That's the biggest issue with the title, nobody cares because it happens so much.

I agree with you here, and I think it's totally possible given the number of heels on the RAW brand. Heck, even a Rey Mysterio/John Cena babyface vs babyface feud has a lot of intrigue to it. Then there's former World Champ Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, R-Truth, Miz (although I don't really want this feud to continue...I think the title should have stayed on the guy, but what can you do?), Swagger, CM Punk and even Drew McIntyre. There's potentially some fun feuds in there.

interspersed with some laughs. It digs into your brain and rapes your eardrums. I absolutely hate it.

I don't think you're supposed to be dancing along with it in the aisles.

• Paid Members

I don't think you're supposed to be dancing along with it in the aisles.

I'm obviously not suggesting you should. What I'm suggesting is that it's crap. You don't "dance along the aisles" to Goldust's theme song, or to Undertaker's current song, or the funeral march he used prior to that - but they're still good tunes. This isn't. It's lazy, generic and pretty irritating to listen to - at least in my opinion.

• Paid Members
You don't "dance along the aisles" to Goldust's theme song

Speak for yourself.

Could someone summarise the backstage exchange between The Miz and Alex Riley for me? I wasn't paying attention.

Basically he told Miz he was guaranteed a rematch if he lost, and the fact he brought up that Miz might lose pissed Miz off. He then tried to tell Miz he was awesome, but Miz told him never to do that again.

Archived