Mizark Henry

Shovanist Pig

• Paid Members

I finally got over my fury at having his contract extended in 2006 after doing precisely fuck all to justify it (and the whopping salary he started on) and have finally settled back into not giving a toss about Mizark. Just not bothered at all. He was always just a blob to me, and I struggle to think of any other superstars (i.e. not Superstars/Challenge job fodder) that have spent 15 years (nearly) wrestling for Vince and dont nothing that captured my attention or imagination. Never cared remotely about anything Henry related and never will, unless you count Waltman's parody of him in the "DX as the Nation" skit.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weirdly, he went through a period of having ace little TV matches with opponents that he probably shouldn't have; I remember enjoying matches with JBL/Finlay/Batista/Kane and I think even the Boogeyman...

Yeah I remember that time too. I think it was around 2006 maybe 2007 imo Mark Henry should of gotten the world title when Bastista had to give it up to injury but Khali got it instead and we all know how that turned out.

• Paid Members

His run as ECW Champion was ace. That was when he was being utilised best and at the right level. Tony Atlas made his character more entertaining too. He lost all momentum when he went to Raw and has floated around doing nothing for the past two years. I think a revival on SmackDown and a US Title feud could be good. US Title division could be really entertaining with the post-Draft SD roster.

• Paid Members
I even used to get a good laugh out of him when he was feeling up tranny's and knocking about with D'Lo.

That team with D-Lo was fucking ace.

imo Mark Henry should of gotten the world title when Bastista had to give it up to injury but Khali got it instead and we all know how that turned out.

A surprisingly solid PPV 3 way if I recall right

• Paid Members
I always wanted rows of people to bounce up and down with their hands in the air to Henry's music.

SOMEBODYS GONNA GET THEIR ASS KICKED!

It has potential to be the new WHAT'S UP? :(

Nearly 2 years ago, I went to a Smackdown/ECW taping in Memphis, which is where Three 6 Mafia, performers of Mark's entrance theme, are from - and seeming pretty popular. The block I was in was of a heavily African-American persuasion, and about 30 people went nuts when his theme hit, dancing and singing along. It was hardly Sandman in the ECW arena, but similar to what you're asking for.

Is it wrong that as soon as I saw Mark wearing a new, all-black attire in the battle royal, I knew he was turning heel before long?

• Paid Members
Is it wrong that as soon as I saw Mark wearing a new, all-black attire in the battle royal, I knew he was turning heel before long?

Very wrong. Black = heel, heel = evil/bad. So Black = bad.

You massive racist.

I have a soft spot fot Henry i must admit, he's always been a solid midcarder, not the best in the ring but still someone you can belive that would beat the absolute shite out of you if you rubbed him the wrong way!

However as much as i do like the guy he should most definatly be kept away from the World Title, maybe a good run with the I.C. / U.S. title would be a good idea. Put him on a bit of a streak with one of those belts and give them some much needed credibility again!

Beat 'em up! Beat 'em up! Break His Neck! Break His Neck!

Awesome tune for the nicest man in wrestling.

Nicest man in wrestling - you have not met him then :rolleyes:

Awesome tune for the nicest man in wrestling.

Nicest man in wrestling - you have not met him then :rolleyes:

Henry's a weird one with that. I've never met him myself but in interviews etc he seems like a top bloke but then I don't think i've read anyone having a positive meeting with him. As far as I can remember every account i've read when people meet wrestlers at axxess etc and he was there he's always the one that people say stuff about how miserable he is and a lot of the time how rude he is too.

I'm not saying those accounts are wrong, but i've noticed a trend in that fan reports from those sort of occasions follow a set pattern; wrestlers with WORKRATE and MOVEZ are cuddly-friendly, and wrestlers where the consensus is they're lumps are generally 'orrible grumps...

• Paid Members

Very wrong. Black = heel, heel = evil/bad. So Black = bad.

You massive racist.

Hey, whoa. Some of my best friends are black. Well, people I've sat near at wrestling were. Didn't you read the story??

Isnt there a story out there Mark injured someone in the ring, and Mark carried the guy to the back and helped him out loads, i cant remember what book or article i saw that in.

ive heard Mark Herny is one of the nicest guys in wrestling too.

Archived