Mizark Henry

Shovanist Pig

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a real soft spot for Mark Henry and actually really enjoyed his big heel run on Smackdown in 2006 - injuring Batista, getting beaten by Undertaker in the casket match at WM22, squashing Rey, feuding with Kurt Angle etc. That was all very fun to watch and I do enjoy his matches in general, even though he's nowhere near the best worker WWE has. Quite looking forward to a Henry-Christian, Henry-Orton or even Henry-Sin Cara program...

• 6 months later...

So Mark Henry as World Champion... Thoughts?

For me he is what a big man Heel World Champion should be. Unstoppable. He dominates, he looks mean and he is threatening. And to boot his promo skills are very good indeed.

I for one hope he holds the Title through to WrestleMania.

• Paid Members
So Mark Henry as World Champion... Thoughts?

For me he is what a big man Heel World Champion should be. Unstoppable. He dominates, he looks mean and he is threatening. And to boot his promo skills are very good indeed.

I for one hope he holds the Title through to WrestleMania.

I'm delighted you've bumped this, I just feel a little bit guilty that I declared how great I thought he was earlier in the thread, but didn't show quite enough faith in the idea of him being World Champion. I'm so chuffed that he's proven me wrong though. For me personally, Mark's big push has been my wrestling highlight of the year- not The Rock's return, Money in the Bank, or anything else.

I love the fact that Mark has taken 15 years to get to the top, yet he hasn't been given the title as a thank-you gesture, he's got it because he raised his game and the company finally showed a little faith in him. I think he's the best thing going in wrestling right now and really hope he can hang onto that belt for a long time to come.

Reading back through this thread, you can see who should be calling themselves idiots and apologising to all of Menry's fans who right from the start who had faith in the man.

Yeah, I was way off!

In my defense, I had about 14 years of underachieving and shitty booking to back up my opinion at the time.

Menry has indeed made me eat my words. Dude has totally stepped up his game, and I never thought I'd see the day when that happened. Honestly, i still don't enjoy all of his matches that much, but as a character and a Monster heel he's come on leaps and bounds. That promo after he won the belt set the tone for his new found confidence and he's been amazingly believable and competent so far.

He's benefited from great booking, but the push has only worked because he suddenly found a great character and a hugely unexpected promo ability, after 14 years of looking lost.

Isnt there a story out there Mark injured someone in the ring, and Mark carried the guy to the back and helped him out loads, i cant remember what book or article i saw that in.

ive heard Mark Herny is one of the nicest guys in wrestling too.

A dude I know through playing pool's sister and husband hang out with the WWE crew when they are in London, he was telling me Mark Henry is an absolute sweetheart of a bloke...and a hound for the ladies.

He also told me Alberto Del Rio is a total cunt, made the mistake of treating his sister like a rat and Mark Henry nearly banged him out. :laugh:

• Paid Members

I fucking love Mark Henry. Every segment, match and angle he's been in since Money In The Bank has been great. He's the only person on the roster who is booked absolutely perfectly and he's definitely my favorite guy to watch. And for a guy who had boring dull matches for the first 12-14 yars of his career he has just been outstanding in the ring this year. I can't think of anyone since Brock Lesnar WWE have handled so beautifully. I remember that battle royale he won for no. 1 contendership where there was just no question he was winning but it was still gripping to watch. How he just stalked outside the ring destorying everyone and everything he saw, overpowered The Great Khali and looked like th e biggest badass ever. His promo after winning the title is one of my favorites ever due to it feeling so angry, passionate real. It didn't sound like the bland generic scripted shit most the roster come out with, he was so scary he even managed to shut down the retarded What? chants. When he said "I'm taking on all comers, and I'm never EVER losing this title!" you can't help but believe him.

I'm hoping he holds it untill Wrestlemania and has a huge fucking brutal match with Shaemus.

I fucking love Mark Henry. Every segment, match and angle he's been in since Money In The Bank has been great. He's the only person on the roster who is booked absolutely perfectly and he's definitely my favorite guy to watch. And for a guy who had boring dull matches for the first 12-14 yars of his career he has just been outstanding in the ring this year. I can't think of anyone since Brock Lesnar WWE have handled so beautifully. I remember that battle royale he won for no. 1 contendership where there was just no question he was winning but it was still gripping to watch. How he just stalked outside the ring destorying everyone and everything he saw, overpowered The Great Khali and looked like th e biggest badass ever. His promo after winning the title is one of my favorites ever due to it feeling so angry, passionate real. It didn't sound like the bland generic scripted shit most the roster come out with, he was so scary he even managed to shut down the retarded What? chants. When he said "I'm taking on all comers, and I'm never EVER losing this title!" you can't help but believe him.

I'm hoping he holds it untill Wrestlemania and has a huge fucking brutal match with Shaemus.

Pretty much what I came on here to say. Really quite excited about a wrestlemania match between Shemus and Henry. Shemus has been on fire as of late and needs to perhaps push through a couple of other big men, win the rumble and then go after Henry. This could be the best built up angle in ages

Archived