Make someone in a star

mickfan

If you had to bring in one wrestler from TNA/ROH/CZW/the indies/Mexico/Japan/Britain into WWE who would it be? Has he/she got the tools to make the switch? Which show would you start them on? How would you introduce them to 'the universe?' How would you book him to make him look like a star? How would you avoid burying him after months building him up?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'll be the first of many (assuming the rest of the UKFF aren't blind and stupid) to say this man:

robertroode.jpg

Because he's got everything. I'd put him straight onto Raw. I'd position him straight into the slot below the main event and I'd totally rip off the Million Dollar Man character.

I'll be the first of many (assuming the rest of the UKFF aren't blind and stupid) to say this man:

robertroode.jpg

Because he's got everything. I'd put him straight onto Raw. I'd position him straight into the slot below the main event and I'd totally rip off the Million Dollar Man character.

Beat me to it. I could very easily see him pulling off a Rick Rude type charactor too. The fella is the complete package.

I'd bring Elijah Burke back with the Pope gimmick from TNA, but as a face rather than the out of nowhere heel character which began this year. I'd debut Burke by interrupting Vickie and Dolph, establishing Pope as being in Dolph's league. Have some good lenghty TV and pay per views matches for a while before eventually feuding with Cena. Burke has the charisma to shine in WWE and its a shame he didn't get a better chance last time.

For me it'd be Magnus. The guys got the looks, the charisma and he's improved a hell of a lot in the ring over the past few years. FCW might sharpen him up to the WWE ways but I genuinely believe he's got the tools to really make it. Not to mention he's young enough to be able to learn and he's got enough TV experience from TNA. Not sure how I'd go about bringing him up to the main roster though.

Robert Roode is another shout, but if there's one thing about Roode that puts me of him is his hair. Not to mention his promos aren't the best but in the WWE world it might fit.

• Paid Members

robertroode.jpg

The only problem with the Million Dollar Man Gimmick Rick is that JBL has done it over the last few years and Alberto Del Rio is doing a version of it now. They have already refered to him as Juan Bradshaw Layfield on TV. I agree with you on Roode, he has the tools, but that gimmick has been done to death lately.

Beat me to it. I could very easily see him pulling off a Rick Rude type charactor too. The fella is the complete package.

So in theory he'd be suitably qualified to pull off a Lex Luger type character also?...

Sorry. That was terrible. I

• Paid Members
The only problem with the Million Dollar Man Gimmick Rick is that JBL has done it over the last few years and Alberto Del Rio is doing a version of it now. They have already refered to him as Juan Bradshaw Layfield on TV. I agree with you on Roode, he has the tools, but that gimmick has been done to death lately.

Del Rio is definitely ripping off the JBL character. I don't think of JBL as being another Million Dollar Man though. Roode could play a much better character. An absolute bastard of a human being who's got everything, good looks, great charm, tons of money, great clothes and women (a different ho each week). I'd recreate some of those Dibiase skits that made him hated.

I really think it could work. they tried it a little with Ted Dibiase Jr but lost interest after a day or so because he's shit.

Ken Kennedy/Anderson. Bring him back to WWE in the next month as a heel, destroying Daniel Bryan and Sin Cara following a tag match. Have him win a singles match the following week on Raw vs Mark Henry to qualify for the MITB match at the next PPV. KK wins the MITB match that they planned for him to win a few years ago. He then embarks on a long feud with Daniel Bryan over the US title, starting in June after Bryan eliminates Kennedy in the KOTR semi-finals. KK challenges for the US title at Summerslam and wins, the feud continues through the fall and culminates at Survivor Series in an Ironman match. Bryan wins but Kennedy gains his respect, thus turning face. He starts a mini feud with CM Punk, losing a tables match at TLC and doing an injury angle (in reality he's ripped his shoulder muscle for the fifth time). Fast forward to WM28, Cena vs Rock. Rock defeats a heel Cena for the WWE title. Huge pop, then Kennedy makes his surprise return, giving Rock the Mic Check and cashing in MITB. Kennedy walks out of Mania as the champion and one of the biggest heels ever for fucking with the Cena vs Rock dream match. Made!

I'd bring Elijah Burke back with the Pope gimmick from TNA, but as a face

This, the one time i have managed to get into TNA for a sustained period was earlier on in 2010, i thought The Pope was awesome.

He could have definatly been the next "star" IMO, hear he's floundering in TNA now though.

For me it'd be Magnus. The guys got the looks, the charisma and he's improved a hell of a lot in the ring over the past few years. FCW might sharpen him up to the WWE ways but I genuinely believe he's got the tools to really make it. Not to mention he's young enough to be able to learn and he's got enough TV experience from TNA. Not sure how I'd go about bringing him up to the main roster though.

14d0tmp.gif

• Paid Members
I'd bring Elijah Burke back with the Pope gimmick from TNA, but as a face

This, the one time i have managed to get into TNA for a sustained period was earlier on in 2010, i thought The Pope was awesome.

He could have definatly been the next "star" IMO, hear he's floundering in TNA now though.

Sadly The Popes awesomeness ends when he steps in the ring. I remember someone on here saying Kevin Nash stated (I'm paraphrasing) "The Pope looks cool but his offence looks as weak as Trish Stratus', so nobody will buy into him".

1000 times agree on Robert Roode. His babyface comebacks are a thing of firey beauty. I also think James Storm has a lot of potential too.

Archived