Make someone in a star

mickfan

The only problem with the Million Dollar Man Gimmick Rick is that JBL has done it over the last few years and Alberto Del Rio is doing a version of it now. They have already refered to him as Juan Bradshaw Layfield on TV. I agree with you on Roode, he has the tools, but that gimmick has been done to death lately.

Del Rio is definitely ripping off the JBL character. I don't think of JBL as being another Million Dollar Man though. Roode could play a much better character. An absolute bastard of a human being who's got everything, good looks, great charm, tons of money, great clothes and women (a different ho each week). I'd recreate some of those Dibiase skits that made him hated.

I really think it could work. they tried it a little with Ted Dibiase Jr but lost interest after a day or so because he's shit.

He played a similar character when he got the solo push in TNA 3 or 4 years back, and I think he played it well other than being weighed down by albatrosses like Traci Brooks and Eric Young. Of course, that's the sort of gimmick the WWE could do a ton better than TNA - they can afford to wheel out a Rolls Royce just to smash up on TV, so I've no doubt they could go the extra mile in the visual trappings to make Roode's gimmick believable. Despite the haircut, he seems like a naturally well-dressed bloke too, and wears a suit a lot more convincingly than The Miz or the rest of Fourtune.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd pick Teddy Hart.

If WWE could persever with him I think he has a unique ability to make fans believe in him. He has a good look and with a great move set (maybe tone down all the high impact style finisher moves which WWE would do) and would have injected much needed personality and promos to the bland Hart Dynasty.

I'd run vignettes in a rough shot style running through contorversial moments in his career and life in 'DX style' black and white vids with cops chasing rebels each week ending with the opening riff the the Hart Foundation music.

His debut he could run to the aid of Tyson Kidd and DH Smith sporting street clothes including a leather jacket. He presents Tyson and DH with there jackets and the three embrace in the ring a'la Bret, Davey and Owen.

• Paid Members
I'd pick Teddy Hart.

If WWE could persever with him I think he has a unique ability to make fans believe in him. He has a good look and with a great move set (maybe tone down all the high impact style finisher moves which WWE would do) and would have injected much needed personality and promos to the bland Hart Dynasty.

I'd run vignettes in a rough shot style running through contorversial moments in his career and life in 'DX style' black and white vids with cops chasing rebels each week ending with the opening riff the the Hart Foundation music.

His debut he could run to the aid of Tyson Kidd and DH Smith sporting street clothes including a leather jacket. He presents Tyson and DH with there jackets and the three embrace in the ring a'la Bret, Davey and Owen.

Fuck, is it 2003 again? I hope we win promotion from Division 3 this season!

I'd pick Teddy Hart.

Fuck, is it 2003 again? I hope we win promotion from Division 3 this season!

You picked someone with a greasy mullet, is it 1988 again?

For me it'd be Magnus. The guys got the looks, the charisma and he's improved a hell of a lot in the ring over the past few years. FCW might sharpen him up to the WWE ways but I genuinely believe he's got the tools to really make it. Not to mention he's young enough to be able to learn and he's got enough TV experience from TNA. Not sure how I'd go about bringing him up to the main roster though.

14d0tmp.gif

I'll back the initial proposal. Magnus does indeed look and talk like a star. Now that Cody Rhodes has evolved from his 'dashing' days, there is room in the WWE for the Handsome Devil, Magdaddy Magnus.

I think its a tragedy that we never got to properly see London Brawling. That as a tag team would have been something I would love to have seen, irrespective of what organization it happened in.

• Paid Members
I'd pick Teddy Hart.

Unfortunately, Teddy Hart is a complete retard who has more than enough opportunities and shots at WWE and fucked up the lot, and most other things in his career. He's a complete idiot. Plus, with Kidd and Smith having about 0.5mg of charisma between them, this wouldn't work at all.

For me it'd be Magnus. The guys got the looks, the charisma and he's improved a hell of a lot in the ring over the past few years. FCW might sharpen him up to the WWE ways but I genuinely believe he's got the tools to really make it. Not to mention he's young enough to be able to learn and he's got enough TV experience from TNA. Not sure how I'd go about bringing him up to the main roster though.

14d0tmp.gif

I'll back the initial proposal. Magnus does indeed look and talk like a star. Now that Cody Rhodes has evolved from his 'dashing' days, there is room in the WWE for the Handsome Devil, Magdaddy Magnus.

I think its a tragedy that we never got to properly see London Brawling. That as a tag team would have been something I would love to have seen, irrespective of what organization it happened in.

London Brawling were quality. There little skits with Chelsea were brilliant. Shame it had to end so suddenly.

I'd pick Teddy Hart.

Unfortunately, Teddy Hart is a complete retard who has more than enough opportunities and shots at WWE and fucked up the lot, and most other things in his career. He's a complete idiot. Plus, with Kidd and Smith having about 0.5mg of charisma between them, this wouldn't work at all.

Did I not mention Hart would provide the personality and that Hart Dynasty lacked that. I think Hart has far more charisma than most others around his weight/level in the WWE. I think he'd shine and the people would buy into him. Alot of you are just hating on Hart cause he slapped the shit out of internet darling CM Punk.

• Paid Members
Did I not mention Hart would provide the personality and that Hart Dynasty lacked that. I think Hart has far more charisma than most others around his weight/level in the WWE. I think he'd shine and the people would buy into him. Alot of you are just hating on Hart cause he slapped the shit out of internet darling CM Punk.

No, a lot of people hate on him because he's shit. And a mong.

• Paid Members

14d0tmp.gif

London Brawling were quality. There little skits with Chelsea were brilliant. Shame it had to end so suddenly.

I'd pick Teddy Hart.

I'm hating on him because he's a wanky little twat sandwich.

Giving Teddy Hart his 400th chance would actually be quite a good move. They have Kidd and Smith doing nothing...slowly venturing into future endeavours teritory.

He's a bit of a twat so have him team with Smith or Kidd or both and turn them all heel with Teddy being a more twatish version of CM Punk in SES.

Maybe have them take out Uncle Bret so he can return with his own hand picked team trained personally in the "dungeon"... There must be more Hart's kicking around waiting for such an opportunity or even Pillman's son.

Or he could break Jim Neidhart from prison or wherever and have the Hart Foundation take them out...

God that would be embarrassing...one can't bump and one cant see his feet (and would be dispensing more than just anecdotes in the locker room)...

While watching some of those DH Smith and Tyson Kidd vs Cryme Tyme matches, replacing them with the combination of Bruce and Teddy Hart would have perfectly fine by me.

Agreed. DH smith still looks like a rabbit in car headlights everytime I see him. Kidd needs a hair cut and also seems to be waiting for someone to say "hang on...who are you...why exactly are you in the Hart Legacy" and kick him out of the building. Though that might just be me.

At least with Teddy you know he's gonna do something to piss someone off at some point...

14d0tmp.gif

That's the single greatest response I've ever had on this forum. Plus, Oliver agreed with me.....which confirms that my opinion was rubbish haha!

Archived