Brewster's Millions : ROH

RancidPunx

Ok, hypothetical situation.

A wealthy relative has left you $20 million American dollars. On the conditions that you have to invest it in ROH,you can dictate how its distributed and spent, and you've got 1 year to do it. Obviously your goal would be to make ROH a bigger, stronger and better company.

How would you spend it?

For example, would you spend it on acquiring talent? Would you go after someone thats free ( i.e Jericho) Would you go after guys in TNA like Angle or Hardy? Bear in mind what talent are actually out of contract. Lets put a bit of realism into this

Would you spend it on improving the production of ROH?

Would you spend it on advertising your iPPV's?

Would you acquire a decent time slot on network tv or would you focus solely on producing a tv show for the Internet?

Would you run more house shows ?

Would you try and create new revenue streams like a video game?

Would you focus more on developing and advertising merchandise?

Would you forge partnerships with other wrestling organisations?

Would you sign current talent to longer contracts?

Would you spend it on creating awareness of your brand internationally?

If you were advertising, what would you promote and how would you do it?

If you want to give breakdowns of what you would allocate then by all means do, I'm not looking for a balance sheet at the end of this but it would be interesting to see how people would spend their $20 Million. If this thread works we can do one for TNA with the necessary tweaking etc....

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would need to spend money on production, otherwise a network wouldn't look at you and even WWE just had Superstars cancelled, so I don't think many networks are looking to show Wrestling.

They could try actual pay per views, not shitty internet ones and advertise their brand in commercials even if it's just on the PPV channel.

• Paid Members

I'd bring in a shit load of former 1980s WWF wrestlers to do an Invasion. I'd redo the CZW vs ROH feud, but with old WWF wrestlers. Delirious vs Paul Roma would be my hot opener. They'd come with homophobic and racist 1980s attitudes as well, so you'd have Tito Santana getting on the mic and saying "I got to fight dat faggot Austin Aries at da pay-pa-vew" (I wrote it how he would say it). It would lead to a War Games match, with split crowds. One side would be the usual ROH lot in black t-shirts and beards and on the otherside would be lads in Rockers t-shirts with the LOD plastic shoulder pads and foam fingers. One fan would be on camera saying "Jimmy Jacobs is gonna win, whether he wants to or not". This would last at least 18 Months, with the Warlord and the Barbarian beating the fuck out of the Briscoes. Haku does a run-in during the Colt Cabana comedy match and rips his nose off his face. Big Boss Man can return and do angle angle where Davey Richards is just about to retire to become a fireman and Boss Man comes out and says "if you want an emergancy service, dickhead, you've just got more than you bargained for, because you about to serve HARD TIMES~" and he runs out and handcuffs him to the ring and sticks him until he's black and blue.

Actually that angle would only cost you the same amount as it would to pay Kevin Nash's deposit. You wouldnt need to $20million.

You would need to spend money on production, otherwise a network wouldn't look at you and even WWE just had Superstars cancelled, so I don't think many networks are looking to show Wrestling.

They could try actual pay per views, not shitty internet ones and advertise their brand in commercials even if it's just on the PPV channel.

They did try actual pay per views in 2007-08 and its not like WWE or TNA are setting the ppv world on fire, anyway they seem to be doing very well on ippv and it costs a whole lot less.

• Paid Members

This might not eb the overall view, but this isa great topic! :thumbsup:

Ok, if it meant actually owning the company, id sack off any hostility towards DG and DG:usa. Most importantly trying to get them back on TV, and in the long run PPV.

If i had the chance, i would sign Kurt angle straight off the bat. That would be classic addition to the ROH roster.

• Paid Members

I'd hire a mystery ring announcer for the next show and pay him $19,999,990. The mystery ring announcer would be .............................. me.

With the other $10, I'd pay Chris Daniels what he's worth.

First up, advertising and production. Making the show look better, and increasing brand awareness. RoH is pretty damn good, but nobody has heard of it. I'm no expert on either of these things, so I can't go into specifics. Something to pump money into at any rate.

Second, taking care of the guys. Some of those dudes have worked their ass off for the company. Helping them earn a decent living for doing so is only fair. If that requires running more shows, so be it. I sure wouldn't waste money bringing in a bunch of overpriced 'stars' when I could be rewarding their existing roster.

I'd also maybe buy them a venue. Custom build an awesome place to run regularly, on top of their usual touring. Kit it out real nice. Almost an Impact zone kinda deal... only less theme park visitors, more real wrestling fans, and the added incentive of having to draw fans month to month.

They did try actual pay per views in 2007-08 and its not like WWE or TNA are setting the ppv world on fire, anyway they seem to be doing very well on ippv and it costs a whole lot less.

Didn't know that as I don't watch ROH but if you had $20 million to spend on whatever, you wouldn't care if it costs you a little more.

• Paid Members
Ah good the UKFF hilarious "comedy" posters got here first. Can we not just discuss the thread instead of being wanky trolls?

Do you actually read this forum? If anyone started a WWE or a TNA thread there would be a million jokes about "Entertainment" or Jeff Hardy being a cokehead. Just because its Ring of Honor, doesnt mean pisstaking isnt allowed. Dont get your feelings hurt by it.

• Paid Members
Ah good the UKFF hilarious "comedy" posters got here first. Can we not just discuss the thread instead of being wanky trolls?

After nearly 500 posts did you not realize it would go this way. People make jokes, then it gets discussed for a bit, The words "workrate pervs" and "fappers" get thrown around till it ends in flaming war that's completely off topic. Then eventually someone steers it back on topic. Repeat. The infinite UKFF loop.

Not complaining mind, I'm not claiming to have a solution, if anything I'm (like most posters on here) more part of the problem.

• Paid Members

Presumably it's okay when DearlyDevotedDexter dips his head into a WWE or TNA thread and makes a 'comedy' post before going back into his hole, though?

Presumably it's okay when DearlyDevotedDexter dips his head into a WWE or TNA thread and makes a 'comedy' post before going back into his hole, though?

Well, no. But everyone seems to call him out on that anyway. Maybe I was just being a bit of a dick. it wasn't because im a big ROH guy or anything, I was just a bit tired of seeing all these "look at me, I'm so funny" type posts...

Archived