Brewster's Millions : ROH

RancidPunx

• Paid Members

I'd turn it into a enhancement camp with a product based loosely on the WWF from 1992. A mixture of good wrestling and outlandish characters.

I'd spend the money on attracting talent. The sort of guy that isn't coming into pro-wrestling at the moment. The high school football and wrestling stars like a Bam Bam Bigelow or a Brock Lesnar or a Bill Goldberg. I'd use talented guys who've passed through the WWF to train and round off the roster. People like Bob Holly, Val Venis and Fit Finlay.

I wouldn't like to eliminate all elements of the ROH environment, I'd still have aspects of the mat based style they use, I'd just create more variety and more sillyness.

I'd also use the money to take the product around the world, exposing the younger guys to different crowds.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be great to get back on topic somewhat folks.

Lets hear your plans?

His plans involve starting the show at 1am, booking the event to last until 4am, but only hiring the venue until 3am, leaving the crowd to start a brawl because they didn't get to see the main event they paid for.

A snide remark perhaps to my Wrestlemania Party with The Sports Cafe?

I will repeat. I had an agreement with the venue manager Chris Kelly that the venue was to stay open till 4am. Chris Kelly had also told me he was pulling out all the stops and had secured a 4am licence for the event so people could drink all the way to the end. I trusted Chris and though everything was above board and spent a lot of time and hard work advertising the party ESPECIALLY HIGHLIGHTING THE FACT THERE WAS TO BE A 4AM LICENCE. The Thursday before Wrestlemania the manager got rejected the 4am license and FAILED TO TELL ME PRIOR TO THE EVENT. I only found out this fact after the event and fiasco following it. On the day of Wrestlemania the venue duty management were changing all the posters in the venue which were the same posters as i put up all over Glasgow, 150 posters to be exact i put up. The posters had an edit to the poster to say 3am licence NOT 4am as on the other posters and online advertising. This was taking place at around 6pm on the day before a lot of people showed up for the SWA show. I asked Matt who was the most senior member of the team on hand that night would we see all of Wrestlemania i got told yes. I got told it would be a case of last orders at 2.45am drink up at 3am but everyone would get to stay to the end. This was a total lie and would find out after the event that after the 4am licence had been rejected the cheif of police put plans in advance to shut down the event at 3am as due to the previous trouble the venue has had with its own nights it runs that the cheif of police wanted the club shut down that night at 3am and wanted police there to close down. Regardless of venue telling me everything is ok the law of the country has the last say regardless of what Chris Kelly or Matt were telling me.

The end result was a lot of unhappy fans. A venue that screwed me out of money for the event and also done a lot of damage to my reputation as being a promoter.

• Moderators
It would be great to get back on topic somewhat folks.

Lets hear your plans?

His plans involve starting the show at 1am, booking the event to last until 4am, but only hiring the venue until 3am, leaving the crowd to start a brawl because they didn't get to see the main event they paid for.

A snide remark perhaps to my Wrestlemania Party with The Sports Cafe?

I will repeat. I had an agreement with the venue manager Chris Kelly that the venue was to stay open till 4am. Chris Kelly had also told me he was pulling out all the stops and had secured a 4am licence for the event so people could drink all the way to the end. I trusted Chris and though everything was above board and spent a lot of time and hard work advertising the party ESPECIALLY HIGHLIGHTING THE FACT THERE WAS TO BE A 4AM LICENCE. The Thursday before Wrestlemania the manager got rejected the 4am license and FAILED TO TELL ME PRIOR TO THE EVENT. I only found out this fact after the event and fiasco following it. On the day of Wrestlemania the venue duty management were changing all the posters in the venue which were the same posters as i put up all over Glasgow, 150 posters to be exact i put up. The posters had an edit to the poster to say 3am licence NOT 4am as on the other posters and online advertising. This was taking place at around 6pm on the day before a lot of people showed up for the SWA show. I asked Matt who was the most senior member of the team on hand that night would we see all of Wrestlemania i got told yes. I got told it would be a case of last orders at 2.45am drink up at 3am but everyone would get to stay to the end. This was a total lie and would find out after the event that after the 4am licence had been rejected the cheif of police put plans in advance to shut down the event at 3am as due to the previous trouble the venue has had with its own nights it runs that the cheif of police wanted the club shut down that night at 3am and wanted police there to close down. Regardless of venue telling me everything is ok the law of the country has the last say regardless of what Chris Kelly or Matt were telling me.

The end result was a lot of unhappy fans. A venue that screwed me out of money for the event and also done a lot of damage to my reputation as being a promoter.

No one cares Tommy.

• Paid Members
A venue that screwed me out of money for the event and also done a lot of damage to my reputation as being a promoter.

An apt simile for this would be the conversation George and Jerry have in the Seinfeld pilot about how you can't over-wet, over-die or over-dry.

It certainly is hilarious. How is Tommy's reputation as a promoter? Hopefully one of you jocks could let us know.

Well he hasn't promoted another PPV screening since. He was okay as a promoter, alot more professional than he is on here.

Archived