Brewster's Millions : ROH

RancidPunx

• Paid Members

Don't get me wrong, I liked Paul Heyman in his various personas as an on-screen character - Dangerous Alliance, for fuck's sake! But, as you pointed out, he's been out of wrestling for years, his last involvement was dreadful, and I think people should face facts that he wasn't nearly as good as is made out in many quarters in the first place. Yet all and sundry seem to think he's the answer to everything that's wrong with wrestling.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Don't get me wrong, I liked Paul Heyman in his various personas as an on-screen character - Dangerous Alliance, for fuck's sake! But, as you pointed out, he's been out of wrestling for years, his last involvement was dreadful, and I think people should face facts that he wasn't nearly as good as is made out in many quarters in the first place. Yet all and sundry seem to think he's the answer to everything that's wrong with wrestling.

Yeah.. I'd hire him as an onscreen heel manager, but that's probably about it.

• Paid Members

Yeah.. I'd hire him as an onscreen heel manager, but that's probably about it.

I'd still like to see him booking a major promotion again. Gladstone is right in some of his post but even so, heyman's always showed an ability to think a little outside the box and he understands the goal. He couldn't be any worse than the guys booking/writing at the moment.

I'd still like to see him booking a major promotion again. Gladstone is right in some of his post but even so, heyman's always showed an ability to think a little outside the box and he understands the goal. He couldn't be any worse than the guys booking/writing at the moment.

As I stated earlier, I

• Paid Members

I've not watched ROH for a while but from what I have seen and read its peaked, its niche market style had hit its limit, so if it was every going to progress, should that be the aim, it would need to change up a bit. So I'd probably try and invest in some one who could help mould it into a more mainstream product without being a clone of what's out there. I never get the need to do the complete opposite of what some one else does to be different, it's doing what works with your own personal identity. That's what I'd try and invest in, some one who could push for a more main stream product that possessed some form of identity in how it does things. Who I'd get to do that I don't know, but work with me on this.

Then making the recorded product look boss, A1 stuff and bringing in a small selection of names down the line to try and get people looking.

I'm no expert though so that's probably over budget and a total waste of time and money so I'd more than likely go for some book keeping scam and run of with all the money,

• Awards Moderator

I'd inquire with WWE to see how much it'd cost to set up some sort of working relationship with them. Basically, they could use ROH as a half-developmental territory, half-re-seasoning ground, and they could send new signings or members of the roster they 'have nothing for creatively' to ROH, either to gain experience, to develop their character or style, or if they wanted to test out a new tag team or gimmick, and so on. However, ROH would still have its own core roster of singles, women's and tag wrestlers - they'd still be indy wrestlers.

In return, ROH could leech off the affiliation with the WWE name occasionally - if, for instance, they decided Kofi Kingston needed six months away from TV to reinvigorate himself, he could appear on ROH shows as Kofi Kingston - which increases our numbers, it helps him out, WWE don't have to fire him or pack him off to Florida, he's still under contract and they can call him back when they want him. Or, we could use a WWE name to hype up a big show occasionally. An example would be Feb. 2012, ROH's tenth anniversary. We've been helping out WWE by seasoning Lucky Cannon into a marketable and personality-filled half-decent wrestler for years to come, so we ask to borrow CM Punk, Evan Bourne and Daniel Bryan for a night to 'come home'. WWE and ROH share the footage of their guys, and we ask for a segment to air on RAW of the three Superstars returning to where they started out. Character development for them, big exposure for us, WWE can go on about helping out small businesses or something.

That, or hire Blackwater to twat anyone who ends a chant with *clap clap clapclapclap*.

• Paid Members
I'd inquire with WWE to see how much it'd cost to set up some sort of working relationship with them. Basically, they could use ROH as a half-developmental territory, half-re-seasoning ground, and they could send new signings or members of the roster they 'have nothing for creatively' to ROH, either to gain experience, to develop their character or style, or if they wanted to test out a new tag team or gimmick, and so on. However, ROH would still have its own core roster of singles, women's and tag wrestlers - they'd still be indy wrestlers.

In return, ROH could leech off the affiliation with the WWE name occasionally - if, for instance, they decided Kofi Kingston needed six months away from TV to reinvigorate himself, he could appear on ROH shows as Kofi Kingston - which increases our numbers, it helps him out, WWE don't have to fire him or pack him off to Florida, he's still under contract and they can call him back when they want him. Or, we could use a WWE name to hype up a big show occasionally. An example would be Feb. 2012, ROH's tenth anniversary. We've been helping out WWE by seasoning Lucky Cannon into a marketable and personality-filled half-decent wrestler for years to come, so we ask to borrow CM Punk, Evan Bourne and Daniel Bryan for a night to 'come home'. WWE and ROH share the footage of their guys, and we ask for a segment to air on RAW of the three Superstars returning to where they started out. Character development for them, big exposure for us, WWE can go on about helping out small businesses or something.

Didn't ECW fall down with this on occasion? I recall, perhaps incorrectly, that they spent some time building up Al Snow and then WWE asked for him back before they pulled the trigger and it fucked them over a little bit?

• Awards Moderator

Didn't ECW fall down with this on occasion? I recall, perhaps incorrectly, that they spent some time building up Al Snow and then WWE asked for him back before they pulled the trigger and it fucked them over a little bit?

There would be Arrangements Made involving Money And Things so that we didn't take too much of a hit from anything like that happening?

• Paid Members

From what i recall it was half and half. They worked with them, but didnt have a "working relationship". Snow was under contract to WWE i believe, and ECW made him a decent gimmick, so he went back to WWE in the lateish 90's.

Although i remeber that, when shane douglas was getting nowhere in WWE, paul heyman had talked vince into letting him go, so he could then go back to ECW.

So not a working relationship as such, but eventually Vince starting Paying heyman for ,(i suppose), taking talent from ECW.

• Paid Members
So not a working relationship as such, but eventually Vince starting Paying heyman for ,(i suppose), taking talent from ECW.

Heyman was working for McMahon from 1996 onward on a weekly contract, WWF loaned them talent, McMahon had first refusal on whatever ECW talent wanted to leave, ECW promoted their first PPV on WWF television and ECW wrestlers worked angles on Raw and Shotgun Saturday Night. I'd say thats a full-on working relationship to be honest.

• Paid Members

That, or hire Blackwater to twat anyone who ends a chant with *clap clap clapclapclap*.

I'd love for this to happen because you just know it would cause a head-explode-a-rama amongst many ROH fans.

• Paid Members

Heyman was working for McMahon from 1996 onward on a weekly contract, WWF loaned them talent, McMahon had first refusal on whatever ECW talent wanted to leave, ECW promoted their first PPV on WWF television and ECW wrestlers worked angles on Raw and Shotgun Saturday Night. I'd say thats a full-on working relationship to be honest.

Fair enough :thumbsup:

I was more thinking it wasnt something "offcially set up", i know ecw did some stuff on TV etc. But i did know he was on the payroll, so i would lean more toward Ecw worked for the wwe as opposed to "With them"?

More posts like Rancipunx please. I'm not that all clued up on ROH to give the kind of response they done but would like to read anyone elses input using the kind of post and detail Rancidpunx used. Or am i asking too much here as a fter all it is the UKFF? :rolleyes:

Archived