Goodbye Spinner Belt?

truthofsin

• Paid Members
I found this: http://pwtorch.com/artman2/uploads/3/mitb2011.jpg

If this is the one you're on about, then I really don't like that logo and don't like the poster either. I'm going to say I'm 75% sure this is a fake, otherwise WWE have got really lazy. Like, TNA-level lazy with PPV posters.

Only 75pc? It's quite clearly fake.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If this is the one you're on about, then I really don't like that logo and don't like the poster either. I'm going to say I'm 75% sure this is a fake, otherwise WWE have got really lazy. Like, TNA-level lazy with PPV posters.

Only 75pc? It's quite clearly fake.

There have been instances in the past where I've felt strongly something looked fake, only for them to turn out to be genuine. I didn't want to risk those odds again ;)

• Paid Members

Isn't the current WWE title one of the biggest selling belts in the history of the company?

Personally I'm used to it now and it doesn't offend my eyes as much as it did when it first showed up on our screens. I wasn't actually that keen on the previous design for some reason, preferring instead the title before that which was around in the late 90's/early 00's.

• Paid Members

Didn't HHH put forward the necessity of getting rid of that HORRID belt as it was an eye-sore and degraded the importance of the title because it looked like a toy, only to get shot down in flames by Vince as it makes him crazy amounts of money?

Sure I heard that somewhere?

Didn't HHH put forward the necessity of getting rid of that HORRID belt as it was an eye-sore and degraded the importance of the title because it looked like a toy, only to get shot down in flames by Vince as it makes him crazy amounts of money?

Sure I heard that somewhere?

Which is why I hold a little hope that things will improve when Vince finally fucks off and Triple H takes over.

• Paid Members

One of the things I hate about that belt is that, even though it was supposed to be Cena's belt, just like Warrior had his IC and Austin had the Smoking Skull, it ended up being the belt's regular design, as if to say "this is the era of Cena, and he's never going to be away from this belt for long - everyone else is just keeping it warm".

Even Hogan never got that. Cena's probably the only guy in history whose personalised belt has been adopted as the promotion's belt, and he's nowhere near as important as Hogan.

This isn't Cena-hating, by the way - I just think the above situation is emblematic of how WWE have really pushed the guy beyond his capacities and what fans will accept, despite bigger and more popular names such as Austin, Hogan and Rock getting nowhere near as much.

Either way, I hope they get rid of that belt, and I REALLY hope they get rid of the scratch logo - I've always disliked it, even in the Attitude era.

• Paid Members
If I had my way WWE would go back to this belt as it's WWE title strap;

wwe-belts-7.jpg

Hells yeah. I much preferred that to the later Eagle belt.

Although, that said, I'd rather they came up with something new. I'm in a minority here, but I really like the current Unified tag belts, and I think the Divas belt fits its division perfectly (even though it's hideous - but then the original Women's belt is a bit shite too).

I'd say it is fake - Rey is the oppisite way round for a start.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah definitely a fake poster and fake logo. I think I've seen that logo on an eFed wiki somewhere.

On the rebranding thing, I don't think WWE should change logo at all, they built up worldwide recognition with the old WWF logo (80's) and asserted dominance with the scratch attitude logo so I can't imagine changing it and losing recognition with so many customers. Like CocaCola changing to "CC" or something equally as stupid.

As for the spinner belt, I absolutely hated it and still think it's really only appealing to 8 year olds but then I guess that's the WWEs key demographic. My childhood may be influencing my decision but my favourite belt is still the winged-eagle attitude era belt.

Archived