Goodbye Spinner Belt?

truthofsin

I was just having a look at the Torch site and noticed the unofficial Money in the Bank PPV poster they have up.. If it does indeed turn out to be the real PPV poster, it's interesting to note it features a new logo in the top left hand coner.. Basically its an old WWF logo (80s) withe the 'F' part reworked into an 'E'..

I just figured its worth noting as i know that a lot of folks (me included) dont like the spinner belt and its unlikely they'd keep using it should this new logo turn out to be part of the 'rebranding' going on right now..

Thoughts?

(id post the pic, but doing this via my phone so cant right now)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I found this: http://pwtorch.com/artman2/uploads/3/mitb2011.jpg

If this is the one you're on about, then I really don't like that logo and don't like the poster either. I'm going to say I'm 75% sure this is a fake, otherwise WWE have got really lazy. Like, TNA-level lazy with PPV posters.

That logo looks so stupid that i can actually believe they could change it to that! the poster however looked ridiculous.

Mysterio jumping out of an aeroplane with dollar bills everywhere? then again, thats stupid enough to be real as well. I just hope it isnt though.

WWE really could do with getting a new WWE title though.

I found this: http://pwtorch.com/artman2/uploads/3/mitb2011.jpg

If this is the one you're on about, then I really don't like that logo and don't like the poster either. I'm going to say I'm 75% sure this is a fake, otherwise WWE have got really lazy. Like, TNA-level lazy with PPV posters.

Im sure I've seen that fake WWE logo before...

Anyway, even if there was a redesign of the logo, its more likely they'd take the new logo and slap it onto the current belt. I'm afraid your grasping at straws here.

One thing that I do think is quite surreal is that we've had this "gimmicked" WWE title belt since WrestleMania 21... thats 6 years now! Much longer than most recent world title belts we've had in the last 15 odd years.

The changing of the belt will depend on how many of those replica spinner Cena belts are still shifting.

This is true, WWE is all about the merchandise revenue after all.. Looking at this from another angle it occurred to me that the spinnner belt is actually the one title that might not need changing during this 'rebranding' phase, as i believe it doesnt feature the word 'wrestling' on it anywhere, where as all the other titles do..

I must have missed the fake logo last year, so cheers for the pointer on that. Even if this logo proves to be a fake i still wouldnt be suprised at a new logo as part of this rebrand. Theyve been using the current logo since late 97 (or was it early 98?) and its about due an update. For the sake of ease im counting the 'scratch logo' in both its WWF and WWE forms as one logo. The logo was designed to be symbolic of the new attitude WWF was pushing back then and as the company is now pushing a different family friendly product it doesnt really fit with that..

The changing of the belt will depend on how many of those replica spinner Cena belts are still shifting.

This is true, WWE is all about the merchandise revenue after all.. Looking at this from another angle it occurred to me that the spinnner belt is actually the one title that might not need changing during this 'rebranding' phase, as i believe it doesnt feature the word 'wrestling' on it anywhere, where as all the other titles do..

I must have missed the fake logo last year, so cheers for the pointer on that. Even if this logo proves to be a fake i still wouldnt be suprised at a new logo as part of this rebrand. Theyve been using the current logo since late 97 (or was it early 98?) and its about due an update. For the sake of ease im counting the 'scratch logo' in both its WWF and WWE forms as one logo. The logo was designed to be symbolic of the new attitude WWF was pushing back then and as the company is now pushing a different family friendly product it doesnt really fit with that..

They started phasing it in from October 1997 during those "Try lacing up my boots" videos, but it wasn't until about May 1998 when the New Generation logo had been replaced fully. I don't wan't them to change the logo anyway, the current one is plain, simple and recognizable like McDonalds, Nike etc

They started phasing it in from October 1997 during those "Try lacing up my boots" videos, but it wasn't until about May 1998 when the New Generation logo had been replaced fully. I don't wan't them to change the logo anyway, the current one is plain, simple and recognizable like McDonalds, Nike etc

I agree, i actually like the logo as is too. I remember those "try lacing up my boots" videos, they dont do a lot of that stuff anymore mores the pity..

That fake poster is one of the worst fake posters I've ever seen. If it's real, I'll eat a full colour A3 printed version of it.

I agree that it looks fake as hell.. but nothing would suprise me these days.. I guess if there is gonna be a new logo it will come soon now that the rebrand has began..

Archived