Kevin Nash no longer working for 1PW

RoidRage

Rocky started threatening people and kicking off about compo, along with the 'damage to the community' like some Soap McTavish rip-off, before being told to pipe down by some cunts with Dann Rodd's cock in their mouths.

It wasn't exactly a thrilling read.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the wall has been turned off for now. Genuine people wishing to speak to us simply need to email at sales@oneprowrestling.com or use the contact form on the website.

What happened on the wall? I missed it.

Didn't pay the brickie, so they didn't bother to come and finish it

Mark, you're a reputable promoter who works hard to put on good shows and give people their money's worth. Doesn't shit like this really get to you? For every inch the British wrestling scene claws forward, stuff like this just drags it back into the "joke" territory.

the wall has been turned off for now. Genuine people wishing to speak to us simply need to email at sales@oneprowrestling.com or use the contact form on the website.

What happened on the wall? I missed it.

Didn't pay the brickie, so they didn't bother to come and finish it

Mark, you're a reputable promoter who works hard to put on good shows and give people their money's worth. Doesn't shit like this really get to you? For every inch the British wrestling scene claws forward, stuff like this just drags it back into the "joke" territory.

Hmmm, it's a tough one for sure. I can't really comment on this situation because I don't know the ins and outs, I am sure i'll end up speaking to Danny about this in the next few days. I remember back when I thought about running my first ever show (this was pre-fwa) i asked my mentor if it would be ok and he explained the responsibilties of promoting, and it was pretty much drilled into me that anyone could attempt a show but to promote a professional show is a different story.

My own opinion isn't rocket science level. When I have set to promote an event. I have had the notes in hand to cover every expense for the show, including ones I couldn't imagine, so that if 1 person attends on the day, the only person out of pocket is myself. Also in the event of the show being cancelled during the show, all the expeses still need to be paid and tickets need to be refunded. That's a very bad day

So as you can imagine these larger shows the financial side is huge, as is the gamble.

What can I say about the 1PW situation? Like I said, I don't know what has gone down here so I pass no blame or judgement but booking the names he did was always going to be a gamble with Nash signing for WWE, Hall looking devistatingly bad (have you seen that video, man that is terrible) and X-Pac who is quite reliable. But on dealing with other issues 1PW have been pretty straight with me, they paid what was owed from before and have paid a deposit for something else production wise. Things were looking up, I actually thought they severed ties with NBW over NBW's failure to come up with funds, so there was news for me today.....

I know the HBK deal is sealed at this point. However from day one, there has never been a question of a single penny from this arrangement going anywhere other than in the saftey fund, as mentioned before if something goes wrong, then we're not looking at a wrestlezone situation. Which ironically I have been trying to research for a large part of the day before i read about this.

Sometimes things can happen out of your control, I ran some "Octane" events and within days of announcing 4 guys, their home promotion had to extend a tour and it overlapped our events and with their domestic situation they had no choice but to pull the fighters from the shows and we postponed the event. I personally felt obligated to refund people for their travel costs and hotels and man, did that ever hit the accounts, but why should the fan lose out?

We're running some shows 2 weeks before this and to be truthful one of the nights is slower than the other and things like this does make people reluctant to pay in advance, not just because of the shows not happening but

Time Off Work (maybe they have to give up other days off)

Cost of Travel

Booking of Hotels

Arranging travel/meets

Maybe baby sitter etc etc

I really don't take people's attendance to these types of shows lightly, they are events, something people look forward to for months and something they work extremely hard to earn that money, which means they may sacrifice something else so they can go, it's a huge responsibility on our part. They may have to work for a week to attend our show (by the time all travel, hotel, merch money and ticket are accounted for) thats a possible 40 hour week in a job they hate to come to a 3 hour event promoted by us. That's huge, and something we don't take lightly. Every no show, cancellation and scam makes every one elses job harder.

Wrestleslam, Wrestle-xpress, Superstar Wrestling Charity Show, 1PW Muta Show, The Morcambe disaster of last year, BWA Middlesborough, GWF Blackburn, Wrestlezone Ireland, 1PW Liverpool Show etc the list goes on, every time a situation like these occurs it just makes it harder to get people to back the decent events that do need supporting.

In closing if you honestly thought that in one building at one time in the UK you would see Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, X-Pac, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn and it didn't have WWE as the promoter than you have some great optimism. It's just asking for trouble. If you were hoping to see some combination of them then i would have thought that would be a safer bet.

^ I understand your logic here and do so for most of your posts yet I fail to understand the reasonings about aspects of your initial business ventures anticipating the worst case scenarios such as if "1 person attends on the day, the only person out of pocket is myself."

Surely that's a scenario that any upstart business venture must have to take into account, not just booking a wrestling show.

The only gamble in these sorts of situations should be whether or not you turn a profit and/or turn over enough revenue to allow your company to continue - not a gamble on whether or not your clients or the public will be given what they are promised.

If there's not a guarantee that you can uphold to what it is that you're promising to your potential customers then there's not a chance that you've got the right to attain any sort of potential profit.

If a company in this situation can not deliver what they're embarking on then they should either look for a different route to go down or pack up completely.

I know that you're not responsible here, Mr Sloan, but I'm sure that you could answer one or two of these queries.

^ I understand your logic here and do so for most of your posts yet I fail to understand the reasonings about aspects of your initial business ventures anticipating the worst case scenarios such as if "1 person attends on the day, the only person out of pocket is myself."

Surely that's a scenario that any upstart business venture must have to take into account, not just booking a wrestling show.

The only gamble in these sorts of situations should be whether or not you turn a profit and/or turn over enough revenue to allow your company to continue - not a gamble on whether or not your clients or the public will be given what they are promised.

If there's not a guarantee that you can uphold to what it is that you're promising to your potential customers then there's not a chance that you've got the right to attain any sort of potential profit.

If a company in this situation can not deliver what they're embarking on then they should either look for a different route to go down or pack up completely.

I know that you're not responsible here, Mr Sloan, but I'm sure that you could answer one or two of these queries.

Well the logic is that should the worst case situation end up that you are not relying on ticket money to pay your outgoings, and of course you are right, it is the same with any business, however the key word is business. Most wrestling people aren't in the wrestling BUSINESS, they are in it for some other reason.

Of course the gamble is profit / financial related, i didn't suggest otherwise, the bigger the show, the more money involved the bigger the risk.

You are slightly incorrect if the company sets out and knows it cannot deliver then it has no place in any business, it's very simple - business is supplying something in return for something else. If you can't deliver you something then........

It's never quite simple or as clear cut as everyone hopes but a basic understanding of what your responsibilities as the supplier would go along way.

I don't get what you actually mean here, as my reasoning is that of any business venture as you rightfully pointed out.

If they want the rumours/accusations to stop why dont they just realise a small statement explaining whats happened and what is going to happen ie on monday etc etc? People wil still be unhappy, but crawling and hiding under a rock isnt going to help his situation.

Also if he said you were going to get a refund, will you? him saying you will and you actually getting are 2 different things (To me anyway) I was told i was getting to wrestleslam4!?!

Sometimes things can happen out of your control, I ran some "Octane" events and within days of announcing 4 guys, their home promotion had to extend a tour and it overlapped our events and with their domestic situation they had no choice but to pull the fighters from the shows and we postponed the event. I personally felt obligated to refund people for their travel costs and hotels and man, did that ever hit the accounts, but why should the fan lose out?

Wow, I had no idea you had done that. That is pretty amazing, you certainly didn't have to do that. You deserve a lot of respect as a promoter just for that.

• Paid Members

I fully intended not to pass comment on the whole 1PW situation and thought that however I responded would manage to get certain people knocking myself or NBW - Southside. However I feel that I should at least confirm that we pulled the deal not 1PW. It was never ever because we didn't have the funds in place. I have all the funds for the May and June show sitting there ready and if I had gone ahead with previous imports then the money was also there for that even if it meant us cancelling our family holiday if ticket sales were bad.

I will not comment on why I pulled out but would like to confirm that all international stars we have booked or going to book are now being spoken to directly by us. I just think it's a real shame if this does go wrong as fans will lose out as well as the talent and British wrestling.

Is Danny Rodd the one that stole money meant to pay for a wrestler? Or is this another Danny? For all the good 1PW managed to do, such as getting DVD's sold in stores such as HMV they have had cancellation and scandal associated on a regular basis.

Luckily for me I wasn't one of the stupid ones to pay up front. I wonder how long the 'refund' saga will now go on for.

OK, ive been a lurker on these forums for quite a while, i have a vested interest in the whole of the UK wrestling scene due to my area of work and am looking at ways to help the UK Wrestling Scene, further to this i have made a few friends and aquaintaces along the way, and i feel a few things have to be said so that some good people in the UK scene who are trying to do the right thing dont get tarnished with the same brush that is being used on 1PW right now.

Having had discussions with NBW Southside management in the past, i can clear a few things up..... (i dont know how NBW will take this post, but as i say i think things need to be said.....)

As many of you know on these forums, NBW and 1PW were scheduled to share imports from the USA..... however in late Feb and early March NBW were getting information from people close to the US Wrestlers that NO DEPOSITS, NO FLIGHTS and NO WORK VISAS had be sorted, booked or paid.

Obviously this would worry anyone in another partnership with money invested.

NBW obviously decided to distance themselves from 1PW and had to make the tough decision to cancel the imports and disappoint a lot of wrestling fans in the process. But obviously they knew in the long run it was the right thing to do.

Subsequent to the company severing their ties from 1PW, the latter company decided to then contact both british and import wrestlers and get them to come on future 1PW shows rather than NBW.

NBW have kept a dignified silence over all this and let it play out to what has happened this weekend which myself as both a general wrestling fan and someone who frequents the wrestling circle i must commend.

Having worked heavily in Music Booking and PR in the past, it is common business sense as has been stated before to have all monies to cover costs ready before anything or anyone is booked, so incase of any disastrous situations you can still pay the people involved or cover any refunds. I just hope 1PW had the money in place and were not booking things on the prospective chance of a certain number of people coming to certain shows.

There are some great Wrestling companies in this country, NBW, NGW, IPW to name a few and im sure if whats going on with 1PW right now does tarnish the BRitWres scene a little bit and make imports question whether coming over here is the right thing to do, i know the good companies will help the scene rise again and overcome it with some of the great wrestlers the British Isles has to offer. I do hope that 1PW get this situation sorted swiftly because it will be good for the british wrestling fans.

Archived