Kevin Nash no longer working for 1PW

RoidRage

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I have had the notes in hand to cover every expense for the show, including ones I couldn't imagine, so that if 1 person attends on the day, the only person out of pocket is myself.

This, a thousand times. Every promoter should live and die by this. If a show bombs, you take the fucking brunt. You book the boys, you pay the boys. If your ticket sales don't cover the bookings, you pay for them. End of.

• Paid Members

If I had enough money to waste on daft things like hiring a solicitor to track down the money I lost on the off chance I could meet Kevin Nash, I'd just buy one of the 'Smoke A Cigar And Watch The Footie With Kev' package deals he was doing on his website about a year ago. Or go to the Kevin Nash Fan Club's yearly dinner.

nash3.jpgnash2.jpgnash.jpg

Out of interest, to promote an average size show in the UK, how much would it cost to set up a show with 1 or 2 international stars?

Ring em yourself and find out, then work out how much ya need to break even (including the venue) put it all together, pay the deposits with the presales, then punt it out to tv/sponsorship etc, juggle money till your on top, job done.

Hey it worked for wrestlemania 1, and ecw for a few years, it's promotion baby!

Out of interest, to promote an average size show in the UK, how much would it cost to set up a show with 1 or 2 international stars?

Ring em yourself and find out, then work out how much ya need to break even (including the venue) put it all together, pay the deposits with the presales, then punt it out to tv/sponsorship etc, juggle money till your on top, job done.

Hey it worked for wrestlemania 1, and ecw for a few years, it's promotion baby!

How the fKk is this saga not on a reality TV prog? I mean if Pineapple Studios is "TV Gold" then this would make ratings history and put British Wrestling back on the map for all the wrong reasons!!!

As for the how much question...It would very much depend on which "stars" you were talking about.

Not sure if peeps on here will agree but setting up a promotion with the aim to put on one show is peobably a surefire way to make a huge loss

There's a lot of red tape for just one show and also you got the problem that a venue which is big enough (to house the numbers you need to make a profit) isn't always going to let a first time promoter hire it with no track record. Then you'll have the problem that many established names are not going to want to work for a promoter with no track record.

I also doubt you will be able to pay deposits with presales as I can see post latest 1PW fiasco presales will be take a bit of a dive..especially when you're a promoter with no track record.

Speaking of 1PW if this was any other business somebody who was owed money would have issued a winding up order and the company would have to prove it was finacially stable enough to pay money it owed or be closed down and its assets sold. The directors would be banned from being directors or the self employed types declared bankrupt.

Just pointing out the process, the answer is there's no average. Nash'll be a shitload, jerry lynn less, that asian fella from czw and tna less. Then it'll vary as to whether you're bringing them in exclusively, or sharing the travelling costs with other promotions, you might be able to pay em less if you can get em a few bookings elsewhere. Varies hugely, essentially. Venues will vary alot, some might do you a deal with a % back from the bar if you're very clever when putting it together.

For the NWO you'll be talking thousands of pounds, I'd imagine, but I don't really know. And no-one who does is likely to tell you.

Christ, if Nash had been quiet for a couple of days all would be grand. Give the guy a break.

Yeah lets all keep quiet if we see something wrong.

Nash only now has his money cause he spoke up, would you rather he put his shrewd businessman personality to one side for 1PW, take it up the shitter and end up not coming over cause he never got a dime in advance. He was right to speak up, get his cash and come see his UK fans. The fans who pay are what matter, the talent that get paid for their work are what matter. Fuck defending 1PW and their scams.

I completely agree that the fans are who matters, but whos to say there wasn't a genuine misunderstanding? Whos to say Nash wasn't quick off the draw in criticising people? I'd be raging if I was dealing with Nash and he's spouting off in public. I worked for the RBS for 2 years and International Bank Transfers aren't exactly a piece of piss.

Fair enough if Nash was being fucked around, but from my POV theres no foul play yet...so lighten up and save the abuse if it all goes tits up. I certainly hope you'll be just as positive if it all goes to plan.

Christ, if Nash had been quiet for a couple of days all would be grand. Give the guy a break.

Yeah lets all keep quiet if we see something wrong.

Nash only now has his money cause he spoke up, would you rather he put his shrewd businessman personality to one side for 1PW, take it up the shitter and end up not coming over cause he never got a dime in advance. He was right to speak up, get his cash and come see his UK fans. The fans who pay are what matter, the talent that get paid for their work are what matter. Fuck defending 1PW and their scams.

I completely agree that the fans are who matters, but whos to say there wasn't a genuine misunderstanding? Whos to say Nash wasn't quick off the draw in criticising people? I'd be raging if I was dealing with Nash and he's spouting off in public. I worked for the RBS for 2 years and International Bank Transfers aren't exactly a piece of piss.

Fair enough if Nash was being fucked around, but from my POV theres no foul play yet...so lighten up and save the abuse if it all goes tits up. I certainly hope you'll be just as positive if it all goes to plan.

Well to book Nash, you apparently need to pay him a deposit, he got that today, how long have they been advertising Nash, over 2 months now, so how long has Nash been waiting exactly before saying something.

And I'm hardly going to be negative about a successful show where fans are pleased now am I. Thats what I'm hoping for here

Archived