Dave Gorman

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I've not seen much of him but I've found him entertaining to watch from the bits I've seen. Saw his America Unchained show a while back, thought it was really good. I've just ordered his Googlewhack DVD for a fiver on Amazon :thumbsup:

Anyone else a fan? What's the Googlewhack show like? I've bought it without knowing much about it really, just saw it for a fiver and thought 'I'll have that'. Is it just a straight stand up show or what and how does Google come into it?

Cheers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really liked the Googlewhack DVD, I've read the book of it too which is obviously a more detailed version of it. I also saw his Astrology experiment when it was on TV but I dunno if that's on DVD, I tried looking a while back and gave up after a wee search. I remember that being quite funny. There's also the 'Are You Dave Gorman' show which is also a laugh.

I saw him in stand-up last year (or it may have been two years ago) and it was okay but it didn't involve much of the stuff he's known for so it was a bit flat in places.

• Paid Members
I really liked the Googlewhack DVD, I've read the book of it too which is obviously a more detailed version of it. I also saw his Astrology experiment when it was on TV but I dunno if that's on DVD, I tried looking a while back and gave up after a wee search. I remember that being quite funny. There's also the 'Are You Dave Gorman' show which is also a laugh.

I saw him in stand-up last year (or it may have been two years ago) and it was okay but it didn't involve much of the stuff he's known for so it was a bit flat in places.

I thought the Astrology experiment was great, but it doesn't seem to exist anywhere, either on DVD or on the internet which is a real shame. I liked the Googlewhack DVD, but like you I was a little disappointed at parts of his stand-up.

Still, I'm looking forward to see what the guy comes up with next "project" wise...

• Paid Members

Yeah, I quite like him. Genius is very good, especially.

I used to frequent his official forum. It was full of humourless twats so I left. It isn't online any more. Coincidence?

Yes.

• Paid Members

He has a radio 4 show too, Genius, which made its way to TV recently. It's really good (at least, the radio version is, not seen the TV equivelant) and well worth a purchase.

EDIT:

Yeah, I quite like him. Genius is very good, especially.

I used to frequent his official forum. It was full of humourless twats so I left. It isn't online any more. Coincidence?

Yes.

Damn you, Gladstone Small, damn you!!!

I love Dave Gorman, but I really think Googlewhack is the least interesting of his stuff (its still great though) loved are you Dave Gorman? and The Important Astrology Experiment too. Also the America Unchained thing is really interesting too, only saw the Documentary though, haven't got the book!

• Paid Members

Googlewhack Adventure is a great live show, crazy little story...Gorman's a great storyteller.

I've seen the America Unchained show, ive since got the book but i aint ready it yet. I need to get some more of his stuff and the rest of his books.

I love Dave Gorman, but I really think Googlewhack is the least interesting of his stuff (its still great though) loved are you Dave Gorman? and The Important Astrology Experiment too. Also the America Unchained thing is really interesting too, only saw the Documentary though, haven't got the book!

I read the book last summer and it is a great read, All three of his books are very enjoyable and he comes across as a guy who would genuinely enjoy a beer with you and have a good chat.

If you like Dave Gorman, I suggest you invest in some Danny Wallace books. Not the former Southampton and Leeds striker, Danny is dave's old flatmate and co-wrote Are You Dave Gorman? His books are written in a very similar way in humour and context. I recommend Yes Man! which was the inspiration for the Jim Carrey film of the same name.

seen him do a book reading, which was really good, for America Unchained and met him afterwards. He was as lovely as you'd imagine him to be. Very down to earth. I would recommend both the book and documentary of 'Unchained'. Also seen him do stand up and it was great. Very clever, very warm and great use of microft powerpoint! Googlewhack is brilliant, but as he admitted himself, what started out as a bit of a lark, basically turned into a full on mental breakdown.

• Paid Members

I like Dave Gorman. Googlewhack is one of my favourite live comedy acts of all-time, so unique and brilliant. Are You Dave Gorman- which got me interested in him in the first place- was also very good. Saw him live a year or two ago, he was good- but business really picked up when he turned on the projector. Oh fucking yes, that's what we want from you Dave. Pie charts, statistics and a massive pointer.

• Paid Members

I read the book last summer and it is a great read, All three of his books are very enjoyable and he comes across as a guy who would genuinely enjoy a beer with you and have a good chat.

If you like Dave Gorman, I suggest you invest in some Danny Wallace books. Not the former Southampton and Leeds striker, Danny is dave's old flatmate and co-wrote Are You Dave Gorman? His books are written in a very similar way in humour and context. I recommend Yes Man! which was the inspiration for the Jim Carrey film of the same name.

See, I'm not a fan of Danny Wallace. I watched that show where he tried to make his own country and gave up pretty quickly, it just wasn't funny. Gorman's far superior in my opinion.

See, I'm not a fan of Danny Wallace. I watched that show where he tried to make his own country and gave up pretty quickly, it just wasn't funny. Gorman's far superior in my opinion.

I was not a fan of that as well, infact I have not liked any of his television stuff. but his books are brilliant. Join Me was an enjoyable feel good book. Friends Like These was a good read too. I think Danny Wallace can bring more humour to the table in the written form rather than the verbal.

Archived