Scott Hall Overdoses

Checkmate

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A horrible sight.

What worries me though is that a week or two back Hall was telling people to "keep Justin in your prayers" because he was in a bad way. It's clear they are as bad as each other. Justin looked like he was missing half his teeth and frankly (in his eyes) he looks like a crackhead or something now.

It's so fucking sad seeing one half of the old clique looking successful and happy with their lives, while two members are a fucking state, at death's door.

I really hope Nash can help the poor fucker out.

It's shocking to me that Hall has blown all his money. He was on over $1 million a year from 96-2000 or so. Maybe it's not so shocking when you see people like Luger (on top from 87-2001) and Flair (late 70s-present) that are also skint.

Maybe WWE should start insisting that the wrestlers set up some kind of retirement plan, or at least strongly advising them to do so.

• Paid Members
It's shocking to me that Hall has blown all his money.

He got divorced after his biggest money run was over and he's spent ever since then not doing much. I dont see how its surprising than an alcoholic, drug-addict who hasnt had a regular place on a roster for more than 5 minutes after his divorce is now without his fortune. I dont think he's on his arse though. He's still got a nice house and his Jerry Lee Lewis CD's.

He got divorced after his biggest money run was over and he's spent ever since then not doing much. I dont see how its surprising than an alcoholic, drug-addict who hasnt had a regular place on a roster for more than 5 minutes after his divorce is now without his fortune. I dont think he's on his arse though. He's still got a nice house and his Jerry Lee Lewis CD's.

Exactly, his house looks very nice from what I've seen, so its an odd assumption that he has blown all of his money. What are you basing that comment on? I doubt the man is hurting financially to be honest, it would appear he does these indy shows for fun more than anything.

• Paid Members

Exactly, his house looks very nice from what I've seen, so its an odd assumption that he has blown all of his money. What are you basing that comment on? I doubt the man is hurting financially to be honest, it would appear he does these indy shows for fun more than anything.

Meltzer said on his latest show that Hall is quote "broke"

Maybe WWE should start insisting that the wrestlers set up some kind of retirement plan, or at least strongly advising them to do so.

I think I remember hearing somewhere that the new guys get tons of advice about financial management etc. Doubt WWE can force them if they want to keep up this 'independent contractors' malarkey. If they would acknowledge them as just normal employees presumably they could set them up pensions or something.

• Paid Members
Meltzer said on his latest show that Hall is quote "broke"

If it helps at all, I was told by Alex Wright that when he was working for WCW, all the guys would go out and just buy random stuff all the time. Houses/Cars etc, where as he would just buy a crappy car for running about in, and a flat for living in.

When WCW shut down, he moved back to germany with a massive bank ballance, and some of his former co-workers are still working now.

Although it is hard to imagine how these guys loose all the money they have earned, i suppose if you think it'll last forever you'd spend it like there was no tomorrow!

• Paid Members

Here's a statement from the promoters of the show:

Top Rope Promotions issues statement on Scott Hall's appearance Saturday night

STATEMENT FROM TRP OWNER STEVE RICARD RE: Scott Hall

"Top Rope Promotions has been holding family oriented wrestling shows for 30 years now, and on our 30th Anniversary event, we brought in one of the biggest names in pro wrestling, Scott Hall (aka Razor Ramon).

We drew a packed house and a good majority of them were there to see Hall. Hall and his people down in FL had all claimed he was clean and good to go. His flight and hotel were pre paid, and his appearance fee was demanded upon arrival at the airport (which he asked for within 3 min of being picked up).

Hall had arrived in a wheel chair with 3 bottles of prescription pills in his posession. Hall had performed an interview with our local newspaper The Herald News around 6 PM on Thursday night, saying how much he was looking forward to coming to the show, and how he was clean. Less then 24 hrs later, he showed up in the state he was in, demanding his appearance fee. Right off the bat, we were in a bad situation.

Having Hall at the building, already pre paid with his appearance fee, hotel, flight, etc. He even harassed my driver in the process. Hall was persistent to appear on the show. His heart was in the right place, unfortunately I can't say the same about his mind or his body.

Throughout the night he made threats to numerous members of my staff, as well as myself demanding more money, demanding to go to the ring when he wanted to etc. He was also threatening to kill me if I "screwed" him over. I'm 31 years old and I should be in no circumstances, babysitting someone in there 50's.

Hall made at best, an embarrassing performance in the ring and for the fans who came to see him, trashing matches that were on the show before him and addressing the crowd as if we were in England.

Neither Hall, nor anyone who helped line up the date, or any of his close friends or agents have called to apologize or offer a refund for his "less then stellar" appearance. He showed his true colors and who he was this past Friday night. If he's upset that we're airing a stream of this atrocious appearance, maybe he should issue an apology to the fans, the promotion, and the workers of the company. One would only assume that no one that night got what they paid for, myself included."

I didn't think it was possible for Hall to do any wrong. I wonder if those panning the promoters in other threads will be panning a guy spitting in a promoters face who did everything completely above board. I imagine they won't even address it.

• Paid Members
UDPATE 2: TMZ is reporting that Scott Hall's representative says doctors believe that his deterioration in motor skills and speech, evident at the Top Rope show, are a result of his medications interacting poorly with each other. The doctors are working on lowering his blood pressure as well.

That was the excuse that Kerry Katona's management used when she went on breakfast TV coked off her tits.

Archived