If the Undertaker got the Ministry back together?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Just listened to an interview with WWE's old writer Court Bauer, and he said just before he left he had proposed an angle to Vince McMahon of turning the Undertaker heel and reforming a new Ministry where the basis of the story would be based on a Batman comic story that one of the writers had read where the police said "fuck it" and left Batman on his own because Gothem City was over ran with Criminals and your typical spastic mentalists that you see in Batman comics. But the story was, Undertaker and the Ministry would have taken over both shows and they slapped the GM's from both shows about and the WWE superstars had to unite against this new Ministry. But Vince said it would be "impossible to turn the Undertaker heel at this stage of his career". Which put the blinkers on that one.

Anyway, it sounded like a cool idea. Who would you have had as the Undertakers new band of nutters? Who'd have fit in, in the modern WWE?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds a pretty sweet angle. I don't agree with Vince that it would be impossible to turn 'Taker at this stage. He'd always get an initial entrance pop, but so do a lot of heels who've been around a while and earnt the fans' respect. A worker of Taker's standing would have no problems turning the crowd against him and building heat during matches and angles though. Just have him bury a few up-and-comers and the hardcores will soon hate him as much as they did in 2001, and the casuals usually go with the flow of what's presented on TV.

Personally I love the Ministry concept. I've always fancied the idea of Paul Bearer and/or Kane putting together a Ministry style stable of 'monster' characters to oppose the Taker, as well.

To answer the question, I'd go with...

Bring back Kevin Thorne and Ariel. He was getting to be a solid worker, and any excuse to get Shelly Martinez back on my screen is a good one :love:

One more run for Big Vis! Just as "muscle" for the group beatdowns and to look scary in the background. The Great Khali would be good for that, too.

The Boogeyman? I suspect he's available, somehow! Probably under a new/altered-to-be-less-comical gimmick.

Here's an odd one - Justin Gabriel. Just something about his facials and body language...he always sold me the dark side of the Nexus concept really well. I reckon he'd be a surprisingly good fit with a few tweaks to his look and his act.

Then throw together a couple of big, stiff lads who aren't doing much like Zeke Jackson and Brodus Clay as the new Acolytes. Or maybe one of them and Tyler Reks, save him from the post WrestleMania Future Endeavours List at least.

I'm really lacking for good workers there. This stable is gonna stink up a few episodes of SmackDown! But then the original Ministry were hardly the Four Horsemen in the ring, so...

Edit: Another couple of ideas - Skip Sheffield when he gets back. He was a pretty convincing mental case. And Goldust is always good as any kind of freak, slap him in something resembling his Black Rayne outfit and Bob's your creepy uncle. In fact, bring in his old chum Rellik (which is Killer spelt backwards, incidentally) as well.

Well firstly i'd agree that Kevin Thorn and Ariel would be the perfect fit for a new ministry.

As would Tyler Reks cos he looks and acts a bit creepy anyways and does fuck all else really.

I think Sheamus and Drew McIntyre would also be good for this as well in Acolyte-esque roles.

I'd love to see them bring back A-Train to be the monster of the group who just fucks everyone up.

Dammit i really want this to happen now

Good thread - coincidentally I have a feeling a heel turn at Wrestlemania may actually happen for Taker...just based on his facial expressions and the way they ended that Raw segment.

Probably not but certainly a way to reinvent the charactor prior to a last feud with Cena before next years Mania.....

Interesting, maybe this is the type of angle that could be done to get WWE's next 'dark' character over. Obviously Undertaker doesn't have too many more miles left in his tank and Kane hasn't been the same force that he once was for some time now.

Sounds to me a little of what the WWE SHOULD of done with Nexus (or any other interchangeable heel group).

And just before anyone shoots me down, I've always believed their are no "bad ideas" just "bad execution." In other words the return of the ministry sounds great... (just like the sound of a series of disgruntled young lions and rookies taking over) but its execution could of been poor beyond believe. And I personally believe it would be.

Though saying that... imagine if CM PUNK went this far with the Straight Edge Society? Sweeping across both brands, "saving" Superstars left, right and centre, trying to "save" the WWE from its drunken, steroid ridden reputation, all in the aim of eventually taking over the WWE by forming a union of wrestlers convinced that Vince had led them all down the path of pain pills and muscle relaxants.

Punk vs. McMahon... Straight Edge vs. the "evil" steroid pushing baron.

Sadly it will not happen but sounds kind of cool huh? :)

I've always believed their are no "bad ideas"

Sorry, but booking the CEO of a publicly traded company as being a "steroid pushing baron" would be nuts. Especially with the history that Vince and the WWF/E have had with steroids and other drug scandals.

Sorry, but booking the CEO of a publicly traded company as being a "steroid pushing baron" would be nuts. Especially with the history that Vince and the WWF/E have had with steroids and other drug scandals.

Yeah but stating on a national distributed DVD that he came up with the (albeit) storyline of fathering his own daughters child leaves him looking like a saint.... :confused:

Oh I know it would be nuts and corporate suicide. Hence why it wouldn't happen. Trust me I am very aware of why it wouldn't and shouldn't happen.

Mind you... McMahon has used his troubled past with drugs and the law to push a feud in past, so I wouldn't entirely put it past him to use it again (see his feud with hogan).

It sounds a good idea on paper, and I even think it would make good TV.

I'd put Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater in as the Edge & Christian of the group. Plus, it puts Slater in a good position to be the next figurehead of the company, which he obviously will be sooner or later.

I love the idea of a new Ministry mind. I do agree to some extent that it would be impossible to turn Taker heel at this stage, but who cares? Cena regularly gets boo'd out of the building and he's still a superface.

• Paid Members

Rehire Mike Knox, Snitsky, Heidenreich, and Big Daddy V to join forces with Taker, Brodus Clay, Kane, and a heel Hornswoggle (I think he'd be great in a "possessed creepy midget" role) and you should be all set.

Oh, and eventually Awesome Kong would be called up as "Big Mommy V" to take apart the womens "division"/ provide comic relief in segments with Vis. That'd be quality!.

I'd form the Tag Team of Mason Ryan and Tyler Reks to fuck up everyone in sight, have Drew McIntyre as the right hand man of the Undertaker delivering brutal beatdowns etc and Justin Gabriel being the mid level guy and maybe even an interesting looking Ted Dibiase in there too.

Archived