If the Undertaker got the Ministry back together?

IANdrewDiceClay

Probably true. That storyline had Russo's fingerprints all over it, and he loved (and still loves) 'breaking kayfabe' with the real names. I'm still annoyed that Stephanie McMahon referred to Test as anything other than Test during their engagement storyline.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slightly off topic, but during the Ministrys run, why do I vaguely remember a promo where Vince called Undertaker "Mark" and said the whole "unholy powers, Ministry thing" had gone too far?

that was shamrock i think.

I'm pretty sure it was Vince. He came out to the ring and said something like "Mark, this whole thing has gone too far. Its one thing to play a character but to believe you have supernatural powers is too much". Something like that.

• Paid Members
John Nord can take a hike, though.

Someone's got to bring a sword, that was my thinking. Although perhaps he doesn't quite fit in with the brick shithouses that are the Powers of Fear / Faces of Pain.

Slightly off topic, but during the Ministrys run, why do I vaguely remember a promo where Vince called Undertaker "Mark" and said the whole "unholy powers, Ministry thing" had gone too far?

that was shamrock i think.

I'm pretty sure it was Vince. He came out to the ring and said something like "Mark, this whole thing has gone too far. Its one thing to play a character but to believe you have supernatural powers is too much". Something like that.

I remember it as Shamrock to maybe they both did it

• Paid Members

I remember Vince did an interview on Sunday Night Heat, where he was trying to say that Mark Callaway wasnt a dead man, but a real man who'd went a bit mental. Kevin Kelly even called him Mark Callaway on WWF Shot Gun Challenge. They seemed to want the audience to get away from the supernatural side of his character and make you think what Callaway was being his own shit and had turned into his character.

Good thread.

The idea would definitely give Taker the chance to lengthen his career, as if he had a stable full of demons, he wouldn't always have to get physical.

Viscera always looked like a scary bastard with that big leather coat and the contact lenses he wore.

I think Taker would need a 'Hired Hitman' type who'd do his dirty work on the TV shows to, not only put Taker over as a bad-arse who is so hard he doesn't have to do you in himself, but also give whoever it would be the chance to be dominant and get over in the process.

I'd like to see Viscera, Goldust, in a re-incarnated type look as something akin to Black Reign, someone like Tyler Reks has the look of a hard mental case with the dreds, he could be aforementioned 'Hired Hitman'.

The stable also needs someone who is over enough to prove a challenge to anyone who wants to get at Taker. The typical 'beat him on Raw you can have Taker at the PPV' angle. Seamus would fit this quite well I think.

The stable also needs someone who is over enough to prove a challenge to anyone who wants to get at Taker. The typical 'beat him on Raw you can have Taker at the PPV' angle. Seamus would fit this quite well I think.

Mason Ryan could also do this, but he'd need to be built strong straight away.

• Paid Members
I don't know if Undertaker would of wanted to do it anyway as apparently he hated the original Ministry and thinks it's the worse angle he's ever done.

Say whaaaat? He said that? But the Ministry was fucking great! Shame it was so short-lived. Why did Taker hate it so much?

• Paid Members

Because he thought it was ridiculous and hated the scripting of the promos and all the devil worshiping stuff. From what I've read, Undertaker didnt want to be heel anyway, and expected that eventually the McMahons were going to try and overshadow him. Which is what happened. Russo booked the whole thing as well, with no input from the Undertaker. Undertaker hates Russo because of it as well. Which I always find hard to Understand, because from 1997-1999 Undertaker's storylines were the best they'd ever been and arguably ever were.

• Paid Members

Out of the current roster?

Well, I agree with whoever suggested Justin Gabriel, there's something very dark about his look. As far as the big man goes, there's no better than Brodus Clay in the current roster. People have suggested Mason Ryan, but I don't think he looks anywhere near as frightening. Michael Tarver would be a good shout too, he looks bat-shit insane and is pretty good at acting that way.

So yeah, I guess I'd go with the following:

The Undertaker

Brodus Clay

Justin Gabriel

Michael Tarver

Skip Sheffield (and take the opportunity to change his name)

Ted DiBiase

...and Dolph Ziggler.

There's something very vampiric looking about Dolph Ziggler, I think. With a slight image change I think he could fit quite well into such a stable, and get a huge rub from it.

Archived