Raw Discussion thread 21/03 *Spoilers*

xear

does it annoy anyone else that each time HHH comes out to the ring he spends a tonne of time pacing about, looking awestruck, in a 'Hogan getting a 10 minute standing ovation' kind of a way?

...Maybe in a few years, buddy!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does it annoy anyone else that each time HHH comes out to the ring he spends a tonne of time pacing about, looking awestruck, in a 'Hogan getting a 10 minute standing ovation' kind of a way?

Or maybe not, his reactions since coming back have been pretty tame, especially compared with his 2002 return.

Another poor show from my POV. There were good bits but its all been done before i.e Cole/Lawler. They definately seem to just be running through the Wrestlemania motions until the big night. I couldnt be less interested in Taker vs HHH and that video put me against it even more and HHH's opening line of his promo had me reaching for fast forward, 'ive been in this business nearly twenny years..........' whilst pacing about waiting for people to care.

The Miz belt thing was OK, the logo actually looked quite good upside down, especially when doing his catchphrase, the mic was in the air and then became the actual logo. Why is Riley back? Was this explained at all? I wasnt listening at points.

Quite tempted not to buy Mania after the last month of TV, very poor.

Or maybe not, his reactions since coming back have been pretty tame, especially compared with his 2002 return.

Another poor show from my POV. There were good bits but its all been done before i.e Cole/Lawler. They definately seem to just be running through the Wrestlemania motions until the big night. I couldnt be less interested in Taker vs HHH and that video put me against it even more and HHH's opening line of his promo had me reaching for fast forward, 'ive been in this business nearly twenny years..........' whilst pacing about waiting for people to care.

The Miz belt thing was OK, the logo actually looked quite good upside down, especially when doing his catchphrase, the mic was in the air and then became the actual logo. Why is Riley back? Was this explained at all? I wasnt listening at points.

Quite tempted not to buy Mania after the last month of TV, very poor.

Yeah he said he got fired from being The Miz's apprentice, but now he is something else, like campaign manager or something, can't remember exactly what it was...

Thought it was decent Raw, but it seems the momentum for Wrestlemania was so good, they are struggling with keeping it up. Triple H's promo was a bit boring, but oddly the videos are amazing and have kept me interested in the match.

Seeing Orton not wearning his tights was a shock, lol. I though him and Rey had a decent enough match. Though Punk tazering him was a bit shit. (tazering in wrestling = lame) The segment could have even had Cody come and attack Rey after.

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus could be a sweet opener for Wrestlemania.

And I called a potential Corre vs Big Show/Kane/Santino/Kozlov match in the 'mania thread so yay! (not that it is gonna be special or anything, just saying...)

Got kind of bored with Cole on this one, he's done everything he can to Lawler, I'd like to see Cole chased away next week so Lawler can't get his hands on him!

Also The Miz and Cena were spectacular, now it at last looks like Cena is interested in the Miz and its a great stoy, can't wait to see Rock/Miz/Cena all in the same ring next week!

Yeah, expect Finlay to confront Punk next week and demand his instrument back. Was a strange choice of weapon, mainly as it was so small and looked like a turd. At first I was wondering why Orton was staying down to long and then I saw it. Does Orton always have a 'tour bus'?

I agree with what a few people have been saying about how Wrestlemania isn't really being built up that great this year. For the last few years there have only really been a few matches on the card that have been really built up and without Money In The Bank this year that's one off the list and even the World Heavyweight Championship match with Del Rio being the actual guy who won the Rumble to earn his shot hasn't been built up that well, I think it is starting to point out my worry that it was a little too soon to give Del Rio a push like this, especially putting him in his first PPV main event Heavyweight Title match at their biggest event of the year.

The Miz vs. Cena is being overshadowed by The Rock as guest host and the only two matches getting a kind of big build up are Triple H vs. Undertaker and even that hasn't had the two exchange much since it's been announced and Michael Cole vs. The King which involves one semi retired wrestler who is now a commentator and a guy who isn't a wrestler at all but as he puts it, he's a broadcast journalist. The main pull of that match is that Austin is guest referee and since he signed the contract he hasn't shown up.

I am looking forward to Wrestlemania but nothing like I was for my first one, which was Wrestlemania 2000, or any of the ones following that. I suppose sometimes it is a few days before the actual event when I start feeling the buzz and excitement though and must admit other times I guess I haven't really been that excited until the event actually starts. I suppose the day it's on will be when I feel the excitement but really if they were building up the matches well enough I should really be feeling the same way I was for previous Wrestlemanias. The McMahon in every corner was a great build up and had me hyped for Wrestlemania 2000 weeks before it began, similar to The Rock vs. Austin at X7, The Rock vs. Hogan at X8, Lesnar vs. Angle at 19 and so on. The matches such as Flair vs. HBK and HBK vs. Taker in the last few years were built up great too but I don't feel they've put as much effort in building up many of this year's matches.

The Miz/Cena hasn't been overshadowed. They've done a very good job of intertwining that feud with The Rock, and why shouldn't they?

And HHH/Undertaker have obviously and very deliberately been kept apart. Same with Cena/The Rock. They've both been pushed to the moon with promos, interviews etc.

How anyone can say Austin is the main pull in Cole/Lawler is beyond me. Of course it isn't! He's a fucking afterthought. That's why he hasn't been around. Everyone just wants to see Cole get his arse kicked, and they've done a damn good job of making it that way.

Archived