Raw Discussion thread 21/03 *Spoilers*

xear

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Failing getting Kat back, I was thinking either Bret (raking the embers of their KoTR onwards feud), or even have Cole doing a Kaufman-esque intergender challenge.

I like both of those ideas, obviously just bringing in a second blast from Lawler's past looks like the follow on from last week but I'd prefer the Kaufman idea with Cole challenging a woman to a match as he has the same sort of build as Kaufman, then maybe mix it with the blast from the past and have The Kat come down and present him with an Intergender World Championship similar to Kaufman, maybe have her then get some heat by saying Cole has become a Champion, something he couldn't do at Elimination Chamber, kiss him or something right in Lawler's face and Lawler snaps, is about to go after Cole, he gets a slap from The Kat and then attacked by Swagger. Something along those lines, it's just a quick thought, maybe get JR or Austin involved too.

Well after than, it was an all right episode, nothing spectacular but not too bad either.

It's going to become quite obvious now that Cole's match is going to involve a number of the Divas. If Cole/Lawler's match doesn't end with Cole having seven shades of shite beaten out of him not only from Lawler, the Divas and probably Danielson as well, I'll be disappointed.

Seamus vs. Bryan Danielson for the US Title at Mania should be a nice undercard match hopefully.

TBH I'm finding most of the rest of the WM27 card underwhelming, I'd love to see the Corre pull something out of the bag but I'm sure Big Show & Kane will go over. As much as I like Cena, I don't think a match with the Miz, even with the profile he has given in the last few weeks, screams "Wrestlemania Main Event" to me. I'm not able to care much about CM Punk and Randy Orton right now, it really needs to have some sort of gimmick match to add spice to it (that'll probably happen at Backlash)..

I just wish the build up was bigger, or rather felt bigger. Even bringing in the Rock, Stone Cold, Trish etc. isn't buying it for me.

• Paid Members

Pretty dull overall, I thought. Nothing to really get your teeth into. Nice to see they've learnt some lessons from past years though. They are building towards the go home show beautifully rather than peaking too early like they have in the past. They've done a good job of making Taker-Triple H seem more important than any regular match. They've kept the heat on Cole, Miz and Punk (and Del Rio on SD). Hopefully they avoid the happy ending next week and ruin all that heat.

I'm looking forward to WrestleMania but wouldn't consider it the end of the world if I missed it.

The Corre V Big Show, Kane, Kovlov and Marella maybe? I notice Big Show and Kane now have combined entrance music, making me think they are now going to be a regular Tag Team.

The Cole/Lawler segment this week was poor, even though Cole was once again on form. I guess there is only so much they can do now to build the match.

I wonder if that was Orton's real Wife this time? I was expecting Punk to destroy the bus in some way after Orton was interviewed outside it.

The new Miz Title was a little weak.

TBH I'm finding most of the rest of the WM27 card underwhelming, I'd love to see the Corre pull something out of the bag but I'm sure Big Show & Kane will go over. As much as I like Cena, I don't think a match with the Miz, even with the profile he has given in the last few weeks, screams "Wrestlemania Main Event" to me. I'm not able to care much about CM Punk and Randy Orton right now, it really needs to have some sort of gimmick match to add spice to it (that'll probably happen at Backlash)..

When did WWE bring back Backlash?

I really enjoyed this Raw, Michael Cole was the highlight again, he plays being annoying so naturally. Triple H was good, as was his beatdown on Ted DiBiase. I really enjoyed the Trish Stratus segment, just to see her thong alone. But what really got on my nerves was having another Kozlov and Santino Vs Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel match thrown down my throat. Anyways, I now feel that the Wrestlemania card has been built up as best as it can, and they deserve my

• Paid Members

I thought Raw was very good this week.

The opening bit with Michael Cole was quite good he has been running his mouth for weeks and is going to get pounded at Wrestlemania which is what all the fans want to see at this point. His stopping of the diva's match again probably means he is going to get humiliated by divas at Wrestlemania to further add insult to injury. Cole came across great on the mic again getting loads of heat and it's nice to see Lawler snap. Gave the fans a little bit of hope when he went after Cole but was cut short and Cole dominated again. The only thing I have missed from this feud is Vince style training videos. The drinking raw eggs from years ago by Vince was great to watch. The whole angle is set up though for Lawler to gain his justice and finally shut Cole up should be good to watch at Wrestlemania with Stone Cold involved as well.

Triple H came out and builds up Wrestlemania with him and Undertaker some more. I am really looking forward to this match should be epic even though the ending is probably a bit predictable. Good seeing Dibiase come out as well and try to take some of the spot light away from Triple H. It was never going to happen but made Triple H look strong with the beat down.

The video package they had as well about Undertaker and Triple H was great. Lot

• Paid Members

Just watched Raw. When Trish has Vickie's hair and Laycool and Dolph has hold of Vickie's legs John Morrison is shouting, "Careful she is really heavy don't pull your back out" at Laycool and Vickie.

Archived