Raw Discussion thread 21/03 *Spoilers*

xear

• Paid Members
Changing the belt this close to Wrestlemania, can anyone actually see him losing at Wrestlemania now?

They havnt changed the belt. At all. That part of the belt can spin, but has been locked in place for the last couple of years. They have just locked it into a new position. It would probably take all of 60 secs to change it back. Its not a new belt.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Changing the belt this close to Wrestlemania, can anyone actually see him losing at Wrestlemania now?

They havnt changed the belt. At all. That part of the belt can spin, but has been locked in place for the last couple of years. They have just locked it into a new position. It would probably take all of 60 secs to change it back. Its not a new belt.

I know it is not a completely different belt, I am not saying it is hugely changed but if they were going to have The Miz lose at Wrestlemania why change the belt two weeks before? Did it not still spin last week? I thought it had always spun but I am probably wrong.

Also The Miz will have been champion for 18 weeks when Wrestlemania rolls round is he the longest running new WWE champion in the last 15 years or so? Or has someone easily out passed him?

• Paid Members
I know it is not a completely different belt, I am not saying it is hugely changed but if they were going to have The Miz lose at Wrestlemania why change the belt two weeks before?

Edge's Rated R spinner belt was only around for 3/4 weeks. And that was a much bigger change than the one Miz has made. Edge's one is still being sold as a replica belt for 300 quid, and it only got a brief stint.

I know it is not a completely different belt, I am not saying it is hugely changed but if they were going to have The Miz lose at Wrestlemania why change the belt two weeks before? Did it not still spin last week? I thought it had always spun but I am probably wrong.

Also The Miz will have been champion for 18 weeks when Wrestlemania rolls round is he the longest running new WWE champion in the last 15 years or so? Or has someone easily out passed him?

HHH had a 210 day or so reign.

• Paid Members

HHH had a 210 day or so reign.

On his first run as champion?

Batista has the longest reign as champion with his first reign, from April 3, 2005 to January 10, 2006, lasting 282 days. thats from Wikipedia. He also only lost it because he was injured and was not actually pinned for it.

I can't find out who had longest first reign as WWE champion. Someone with a much better memory will be able to tell me I am Sure. I am not including anything like Hogans four year run or Sammartino's 8 ish year run they will never be beaten.

• Paid Members
John Cena's first reign wasa lot longer than Miz's reign.

Yeah as it go Cena shits all over the The Miz in first reign stakes at the minute but The Miz will hopefully get somewhere near him

JOHN CENA:

First WWE Title Reign: April 3rd 2005-January 8th 2006

36 weeks Cena did on his first stint. The Miz will be half way there.

After a Mania build that has featured really great stuff and usually at least 1 poor or head-scratching segment, this Raw was more steady with nothing being crap but nothing really great either. It continued everything that it had to in an enjoyable, if not that exciting way.

HHH stuff was same stuff as before pretty much, another good beatdown to show he's ready was nice. The video package later in the night was fantastic, some great names and some great comments that really got me in the mood for the match. Considering the story has been told based mainly on the past and through videos they've done a great job, there hasn't needed to be any extra stuff like getting the upperhand on each other etc.

Bryan/Sheamus, Ziggler/Laycool vs Morrison/Trish/Snooki and Corre vs Kane/Show's team are all matches that were built solidly and matches that i'm looking forward to hopefully being good undercard matches.

Orton/Punk has been the most consistent build-up without being must see TV. Another solid segment despite some awful acting from Randy's 'wife' assuming it wasn't her. Lawler/Cole again had good build up, it summed up Raw overall in that it was enjoyable but not anything major which is fair enough as it isn't really needed, especially when you have the go home show next week. Cole has been on fire throughout the feud though and I'm looking forward to him getting his comeuppance which is what wrestling is all about.

Loved the Miz turning the logo upside down personally, simple yet very effective I thought. An image of Cena turning it back the right way at Mania would be quite a good one, although not the result i'm sure people are wanting. Cena was the best he's been for weeks after a couple of pretty awful promos during the feud, liked his stuff about beng 'home' already. Couple of poor promos aside they've really done well to intertwine Rock into this feud without him being there and without him becoming the focus. You had Rock and Cena going back and forth before the Miz made his presence continually felt and eventually the focus was all on him while The Rock is still lurking as an unknown quantity.

Looking forward to the go home show, some big stuff already announced that should make it a big show leading into the biggest of them all.

Of course i'm forgetting the biggest moment from RAW....

RANDY ORTON WORE TROUSERS!!!! to Raw rather than turning up in his kegs for about the first time in 5 million episodes, not that I was keeping track or anything :confused: someone pointed it out on a site ages that it had been "x" long since he had and i've not known him wear them since. :laugh:

Didn't think this was a great RAW. It didn't feel like a show that is two weeks before your biggest event of the year. Most of the promos were fine but I felt everything else was a bit meh. It seems like since the turn of the year, RAW has been alternating from being good one week and bad or not great anyway the next.

Next weeks show should be good though.

Archived