UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week 2 (Mon 28th March -> Sun 3rd April)

A.C. Milan v Atletico Madrid

Arsenal v Man Utd

Bayern Munich v Aston Villa

Dortmund v Chelsea

Everton v Lyon

Man City v Barcelona

Napoli v Liverpool

Real Madrid v Tottenham

Roma 0 v 4 Inter

Aston Villa v Napoli

Atletico Madrid v Everton

Barcelona v Arsenal

Chelsea v Bayern

Inter Milan P v P Real Madrid

Liverpool v Roma

Lyon v Dortmund

Man Utd v A.C. Milan

Tottenham v Man City

Week 1 remainders:

Arsenal v Lyon

Atletico Madrid v Arsenal

Barcelona v Man Utd

Lyon v A.C. Milan

Tottenham v Roma

Notes:

The fixture that catches the eye this week is a rematch of the tournament final between Chelsea and Bayern. Bumclasshero's Bayern lost that game 4-1 after initially going ahead through Thomas M

End of week post now updated with Top Scorers list and End of Week awards. I went for three areas to award performances on - Team of the week, Player of the week and Performance of the week. This info will be collated and hopefully come the end of the season will provide us with an outright team of the season, player of the season and performance of the season. If anyone's got any other ideas for something else to be included then feel free to mix in with suggestions.

Good luck with the coming weeks fixtures to everyone and keep those write ups coming by including as much info as possible as it helps me out bigtime and will also see you and your boys in contention for the weekly and ultimately end of season awards.

If Padzilla is about tonight then I'll play him...and seeing as Nicko is away this week I don't mind playing one of my games next week early and playing Nicko next week in its place so long as nobody has a problem with me doing so. If I can then Kickwhamstunner or TezzRexx I'd be looking in your direction.

If Padzilla is about tonight then I'll play him...and seeing as Nicko is away this week I don't mind playing one of my games next week early and playing Nicko next week in its place so long as nobody has a problem with me doing so. If I can then Kickwhamstunner or TezzRexx I'd be looking in your direction.

I'm cool with that, you on tonight?

Real Madrid 3 - 1 Liverpool.

A good game that was finely contsted by both sides. Both teams displayed a great pass and move psychology that made for a very open ended game that could've gone either way. From the kick off Madrid got at Liverpool and after a mix up between Reina and his defence Ronaldo almost made the scousers pay. He would make them pay a few minutes later though after Adebayor had hit the post the portugease was on had to tuck the ball into an empty net. Madrid doubled their lead a short while later when Adebayor whipped a dangerous low cross into the box behind the Liverpool defenders and Ronaldo was once again able to tuck the ball home past a disparing Pepe Reina. This seemed to lift Liverpool and they pushed onwards in search of an equaliser. Both Gerrard and Suarez struggled to get into the game so it was left to Kuyt and Carroll to provide The Reds ammunition and on the stroke of half time it was the big Geordie who got his side back into it.

The second half got underway and it was much the same, end to end and both sides looking for the next goal. It came for Madrid, again Ronaldo was involved as it was his delightful whipped cross that was nodded home at the far post by Kaka. The rest of the game got a little scrappy with Gerrard scuffing a shot wide and Carroll having a couple of chances to get Liverpool back into the game but as the match wore on you could tell the big fucker was beginning to tire. Jamie Carragher made life hard for Ronaldo in the second half and deserves special praise as he never gave him an inch.

As a fellow red Scorp that hurt a little. :)

I'm really beginning to like Madrid. My online losing streak that was haunting me when playing as Barca seems to have lifted as Madrid seem to have more creatively effective players throughout their squad. Providing Adebayor stays in my team things are going well. Touch Wood.

The table from the first week is up in the original post. I'll update it at the end of each week. It was too late too include the Real Madrid/Liverpool game so that'll be on the next one.

Scorpion and TezzRexx - I should be able to be on this evening from about 7.30 onwards if you want to play our match.

stunstone - I'll put some of your stats/weekly awards in the OP each week if that's ok.

Archived