UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

Spurs 2 v 1 Real Madrid.

Toughest game for me so far. Never got a second to dwell on the ball which really effected my gameplan. My passing was very poor tonight anyway for some unknown reason (despite having the best percentage for possession) and my efforts on goal were very poor. Spurs took an early lead through Crouch and the lanky fuck added a second quite soon after. It would always be an uphill climb after that and although I thought I was the better side in the second half it took me til bang on the last touch of the game to find a consolation through big bad Adebayor's nut. The tackles were quite meaty from Spurs and at times I thought that the ref was being too lenient but that's just me being a cunt. Spurs deserved the win overall.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barcelona 2-0 Arsenal

A battle between two Dspy team members ended with Lawz's Barcelona picking up the win. David Villa was on target in the 11th and 16th minutes to effectively kill of the game early in the first half. A beautiful chipped throughball from the right clipped over the defence put Villa through on goal and after his first shot hit Almunia in the chest, he tapped in the rebound for the easy goal. Moments later beautiful work from Iniesta on the left cutting inside awarded him a shooting opportunity, Almunia once again saved but parried it right into Villas path and again he netted with ease. The 2nd half didnt really bring much chances from either side, a tricky cross to the far post made Valdes show his aerial expertise in punching away, Barcelona yet to conceed a goal this league season.

when's the new fixtures coming out? i need to get back on track here, i aint happy being bottom.

The entire fixture list is in a spoiler tag for the first post. Here's week 3

Week 3 (Mon 4th April -> Sun 10th April)

A.C. Milan v Arsenal

Bayern Munich v Lyon

Dortmund v Atletico Madrid

Everton v Man Utd

Man City v Inter

Napoli v Chelsea

Real Madrid 3 v 1 Liverpool

Roma v Aston Villa

Tottenham v Barcelona

Arsenal v Everton

Aston Villa v Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich

Barcelona v A.C. Milan

Chelsea v Roma

Inter Milan v Tottenham

Liverpool v Man City

Lyon v Napoli

Man Utd v Dortmund

ahh awesome TezzRexx, Tildeguy...im on till 12 if you can get on. If not im free all tomorrow afternoon...lets hook it up.

I love this shit!

Tezz and Tilde I need to play this weeks games, I'll be on till 12 too, but if I don't hear from you guys after I've logged on, Im gonna be on Allstars all evening and we will have to get them done over the weekend :thumbsup:

I've sent a request about a week ago to RobJ87 on PSN but it hasnt been accepted yet, also requested a match with >>IAN<< the other day but he must of been away from the PS3, I'm around the weekend most likely so hopefully I can catch you both if you're around.

i know its off the point but as we're here...is All Stars any good?

As a start to a franchise, yes, its a lot of fun if you don't take it too seriously, and burying Sheamus with Randy Savage flying elbow drops never gets old. Definitely one for the 2 player and a few beers sesh though!

Aston Villa ( Tezz Rexx) 1 - 5 Bayern Munich (bumclasshero)

Agbonlahor Robben 2

Gomez 2

Ribery

Bayern travelled to a rain soaked Villa Park and produced another sparkling display of attacking football, kicking things off with a 4th minute strike from Arjen Robben who was played in by Mario Gomez and fired a left foot drive beyond Friedel from the edge of the area. Bayern continued to press and got their due reward via a fine passing move, Robben clipping in the final ball beyond James Collins for Mario Gomez to chest in one motion and finish calmly with his left foot underneath Friedel with his next. The game stayed this way until the second half, Darren Bent had a great opportunity to half the deficit but was thwarted by a smart save from Kraft. Bayern then grabbed a third, with Gomez tapping in from a spilt ball by Friedel to grab his second of the game. Villa immediately hit back through Gabby Agbonlahor using his electric pace to skin Lahm and cut inside and beat Kraft all ends up at his near post with sheer power. Villa looked to press on but were undone by Man of the Match Robben who took down a long ball on the edge of the area before delightfully turning James Collins inside out and rasping another left drive from 16 yards beyond Friedel's reach for his second of the game and Bayern's fourth. In time added on, Robben raced clear from the Villa back line and unselfishly squared for Ribery to tap home the fifth and complete a job well done by the Bayern Boys.

• Paid Members

Roma 0 - 0 Aston Villa

i got me a point!! yes!!!!!! to be honest, how i held this to 0-0 i'll never know, Villa blew around 5 glorious chances in the 2nd half but i clung on! YESSS!!

eb7diq.gif

I'll be online on Fifa in about 20minutes.

Sorry I've not been able to get on all week, had way too much shit on.

If I am due to play you next week can we play the fixtures this weekend if possible?

Just a reminder of the games that still have to be played:

From last week:

Arsenal v Lyon

Barcelona v Man Utd

Lyon v A.C. Milan

From this week:

Dortmund v Chelsea

Everton v Lyon

Man City v Barcelona

Real Madrid Tottenham

Chelsea v Bayern Munich

Inter P v P Real Madrid