UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wmxxx & Dreddcucumber - when can you play?

If a game is arranged but then you can't make it, try and let the other person know.

Dreddcucumber/Snake posted that he was trying to get his broadband problems sorted so don't think he's managed to do it yet. If he can't play this week his games will have to be postponed until next week.

• Paid Members
Ebb, just booking a hotel and will on shortly after that buddy. If you want to dance, THEN STRIKE OUT THE TUNE BABY.

yo man, i can get on anytime tonight, let me know and i'll get on.

Ebbster, free in about 30 minutes?

Edit- By the way, that Napoli-Spurs game looked absolutely brilliant in the write up! Some great drama in the games so fair with late winners and an impressive showing their from BumClassHero against Liverpool.

• Paid Members
Roma 0 - 2 Man. City :(

horrible start for me...i thought i played the better football in the first half, but after a ridiculous goal mouth scramble in which i somehow got out without conceding, it was all downhill. I made some substitutions, changed my formation and conceded 2 goals, useless management.

I'm fucking rubbish at attacking on the game...

Who scored the City goals?

you'll have to ask brfc1987, i think Adebayor had one.

• Paid Members

Inter Milan 4 (3) - (0) 0 Roma

ahhhh well, i fucking suck.

Gave away 3 super soft goals and was on the recieving end of the harshest sending off in history...but i still can't attack, i play some nice football in the midfield and until i get into the last third then it all goes to shit.

I think it's safe to say that i'll be finishing bottom of the league.

horrible start for me...i thought i played the better football in the first half, but after a ridiculous goal mouth scramble in which i somehow got out without conceding, it was all downhill. I made some substitutions, changed my formation and conceded 2 goals, useless management.

you'll have to ask brfc1987, i think Adebayor had one.

Now if Adebayor plays for City and Madrid during this season how will we work that one?!

• Paid Members

Inter 4-0 Roma

A much better performance from Inter tonight. Roma were certainly up for the battle in this tasty Italian derby clash, as evidenced by some of tough tackling on display. Inter looked bright initially, but Roma's defence held firm for the time being. After a mix-up at the back trying to defend an awkward Maicon cross, Zanetti came forward to take the resulting corner. More bad defending left Samuel open to nod home a powerful header to put the hosts one up.

From here, Roma's defence seemed to capitulate. After a mis-communication between keeper and centre half, Militio pounced and rifeld the ball home from close range, his second of the tounre thus far and the second goal in this game. Roma still didn't give up hope and with their best move of the game found Totti in space in the box. Mercifully for Julio Cesar in the Inter goal, his opponent fired wide.

Inter pressed and won another corner for their troubles. Eto'o stepped up and delivered a cross toward the near post, which Chivu greatfully headed back across the face of the Roma goal and into the net for the hosts 3rd! Three goals, two of them from corners and another from more bad defending.

Worse was to come for Roma, when Militio was fouled just outside of the box after anothe Inter breakaway. De Rossi was adjudged to be the last man and promptly got his marching orders for his troubles. 3-0 and a man down at half time. Needless to say, I could actually here Ebb screaming at his team all the way here in Norwich.

Inter made some changes to keep things fresh at half time, one of which was pivitol in the fourth and final goal. Stankovic won and took the resulting free kick, quickly passing it to Materazzi(~!) in the box, who crossed across the face of the box to Wesley Sneijder to head home into an empty net. There was certainly a question of offside here, but the goal stood. Game over.

In fairness there Ebb, on another day I would've missed all four of those chances and you'd have buried that one in the first half. Will be interesting to see what happens in the reverse fixture.

Adebayor with a tidy header from a Carlos Tevez cross (79)

Tevez from a square ball played by Adebayor (89)

I was having no luck without having Dzeko upfront in my 4231 formation. Luckily, I found Adebayor in my reserves and put him on the bench. A change to 4-3-3 at half-time greatly improved my performance second half and gave me the aerial threat that Tevez just cannot provide.

Now if Adebayor plays for City and Madrid during this season how will we work that one?!

Hopefully the problems of people having their old squads will be sorted soon, but for the top scorer list just count them as one player but just put Real Madrid/Man City, for example, as their club for now.

Archived