UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

End of week post now updated with Top Scorers list and End of Week awards. I went for three areas to award performances on - Team of the week, Player of the week and Performance of the week. This info will be collated and hopefully come the end of the season will provide us with an outright team of the season, player of the season and performance of the season. If anyone's got any other ideas for something else to be included then feel free to mix in with suggestions.

how about goal of the week .

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Liverpool 3 Roma 1

Scorers:- Agger (1), Kuyt (1), Gerrard (1)

Vucinic (1)

Red Card - Juan (Roma)

Liverpool continued there fine run of form with a victory over Roma. Danny Agger struck first with a headed finish from a Gerrard corner & Dirk "TinTin" Kuyt double the lead from close range after a shot was saved by the Roma keeper. Into the 2nd half and a Juan saw red for a professional foul & from the resulting free kick Stevie G stepped up from all of 25 yards and smacked in into the top corner! Roma fought back and after some slick passing football Vucinic found some space in the box & finished neatly for Roma's first goal in the competition.

still bottom of the league!!!

the game was all over as soon as a i conceding a soft goal from a corner (again!)...summed my participation up in this thing early in the 2nd half when Andy Carroll went through on goal, i puposely brought him down and got sent off, only to have Gerrard bang in a 25 yard screamer from the resulting free kick :( to be fair after going 3 down i probably played my best football, and i scored!!! could very easily have had 2.

I should get on here and play more before my actual games instead of putting it on and playing right away because it does take me time to get warmed up. Still the late goal has given me a little confidence.

Remaining Games from Week 1 -

Spurs v Roma

Barca v Man Utd

Arsenal v Lyon

Lyon v Milan.

That should be it.

Still got these left from last week boys......understandably there's a couple of guys who cannot play at the mo due to connection and work issues but any chance we could get the other games cleared up before the weekend?

• Paid Members
Spurs v Roma

Spurs 2 - 1 Roma

Spurs goals were from Defoe and Pavlyuchenko, Roma goal by Menez

fuck sake! went 1 down again from a sloppy (lucky) fucking goal, had a guy sent off soon after (thats reds in 4 games) but i pegged it back to 1-1 through Menez. I was fairly confident going into the 2nd half because other than every 50/50 challenge seeming to come out on Spurs side i thought it was the better side. Onto the 2nd half and i have a personal nightmare...my kitten - no bullshit - decides to squat down next to the tv to take a shit, i grabbed him and threw him in the litter tray but the fucker seems adamant to go on the floor, all the while im trying to play my game, cat finally drops one in the tray (:)) but ive lost all concentration and i concede a late goal :( i was hoping at least for a point but i put this game down to my kitten distracting me...yes, i'm using an excuse.

Still bottom of the league.

Stunstone 10.20 is good for me tonight.

Frustrating game for Spurs against Roma, never really allowed to play my flowing passing game displayed against Napoli, Ebb's 10 man Roma holding firm, Defoe opening the scores before Roma equaliser on Ht

huffed and puffed the 2nd half before snatching an 85th min winner when Pavlyuchenko slid onto a squared ball to toe over the line.

GAMES REMAINING :

FROM LAST WEEK.

Barca v Man Utd

Arsenal v Lyon

Lyon v Milan.

THIS WEEK.

Bayern Munich v Aston Villa

Dortmund v Chelsea

Everton v Lyon

Man City v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Tottenham

Barcelona v Arsenal

Chelsea v Bayern

Lyon v Dortmund

Tottenham v Man City

C'mon boys...get ya boots on!

I'm still updating last weeks lookback too on Page 8 whenever game is played.

Archived