UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been really busy today and will be on tomorrow at around 7ish to play Dortmund and Bayern

I'll be on between 10 30pm and 12 tomorrow but no earlier I'm afraid if that's any help, I've been away from Monday till last night so apologies if I've missed you in between.

I'll be online on Fifa in about 20minutes.

Sorry I've not been able to get on all week, had way too much shit on.

If I am due to play you next week can we play the fixtures this weekend if possible?

Are you on today at all?

I'll log in now, been sorting some stuff out for LA today but I'm free for the next hour or so.

EDIT: I'm online now, I'll be online until about 3:30pm then I've got to leave for a basketball match, might get on again before Wrestlemania.

Failing that I'll defo be online tomorrow night between 10-12pm.

Man City 0-0 Barca

A tough midfield battle with Barca having most of the possession ended in a 0-0 draw. City only had a shot off target during the match but Barca could on manage 3 shots on target of the 8 they had. Right at the end Hart saved from a Villa shot in a tight angle and there was no follow up. City were a hard team to break down and earned the point.

Remaining Games -

Last Week :_

Arsenal v Lyon

Barcelona v Man Utd

Lyon v A.C. Milan

This Week :-

Dortmund v Chelsea

Everton v Lyon

Chelsea v Bayern

Tottenham v Man City

Lyon v Dortmund

Just wondering, no offence to Snake Plissken but is it likely he'll have his connection sorted in teh next week or so cos otherwise these fixtures may start bottlenecking.

Just wondering, no offence to Snake Plissken but is it likely he'll have his connection sorted in teh next week or so cos otherwise these fixtures may start bottlenecking.

I was thinking about this recently and my thoughts are that perhaps we should introduce an initial three week cut-off point for unplayed fixtures. By this I mean, for example, the three unplayed fixtures from week one will expire at the end of week three (10th April), at which point we can make a decision on whether both sides tried to get the game played or whether only one side did by looking over the posts from the last few weeks and checking if the people involved made an effort to get it played. The person who made an effort or by far the most effort would get a 2-0 win whereas if both made roughly an equal effort it would be counted as a 0-0 draw (in the unlikely event of no effort from both sides the match would be voided and no-one would get any points). This way there will be less of a fixture pile up and would hopefully encourage people to get their games played, and also would mean that the latest the season would end would be a fortnight after the last week, so we wouldn't end up with a big gap between the last games like we did in the league part of the tournament.

The thing with Snake is, although he let us know his issue before the season started, when he is able to start playing he may have a big fixture backlog. In the tournament he said he didn't have a huge amount of time to play each week so I guess he'd be unlikely to clear the backlog easily, so getting rid of some of the older fixtures and allowing him to concentrate on his current week's fixtures would probably be better for him I guess.

Been really busy today and will be on tomorrow at around 7ish to play Dortmund and Bayern

Been waiting for you but you haven't shown up? Also have no idea where my other opponent Lyon is either?

Have been online both tonight and last night but no one else has been about and I am on nightshift all week at work so will either have to be an early evening game now for my opponents or can wait until next weekend when I can play pretty much anytime.

:/

Been waiting for you but you haven't shown up? Also have no idea where my other opponent Lyon is either?

Have been online both tonight and last night but no one else has been about and I am on nightshift all week at work so will either have to be an early evening game now for my opponents or can wait until next weekend when I can play pretty much anytime.

:/

Lyon/Snake is waiting for his home internet to be fixed. Don't know when he'll be able to play.

Week 3 (Mon 4th April -> Sun 10th April)

A.C. Milan v Arsenal

Bayern Munich v Lyon

Dortmund v Atletico Madrid

Everton v Man Utd

Man City v Inter

Napoli v Chelsea

Real Madrid 3 v 1 Liverpool

Roma 0 v 0 Aston Villa

Tottenham v Barcelona

Arsenal v Everton

Aston Villa v Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich

Barcelona v A.C. Milan

Chelsea v Roma

Inter Milan v Tottenham

Liverpool v Man City

Lyon v Napoli

Man Utd v Dortmund

Week 2 remainders:

Dortmund v Chelsea

Everton v Lyon

Chelsea v Bayern

Inter Milan v Real Madrid

Lyon v Dortmund

Tottenham v Man City

Week 1 remainders (final week to play these):

Arsenal v Lyon

Barcelona v Man Utd

Lyon v A.C. Milan

Notes:

The updated table has been posted in the OP. Liverpool currently top the table, though they have played one or two more games than everybody else. Roma's goaless draw with Aston Villa has lifted them off the bottom of the table, leaving Dortmund bottom, though they have played three games less than Roma.

If El Nicko Loco is back from the states in time, his unbeaten Inter face a tough task this week in the form of two other unbeaten teams, Man City and Tottenham. Two games this week pit former tournament Group A participants against each other. Tildeguy~!'s Chelsea face my Napoli side, the last time we faced each other Tildeguy beat my then Fulham side 3-0. Lawz' Barcelona play The British Bushwacker's Tottenham. The last time these two faced each other Lawz' then Man Utd side ended up 3-0 winners.

The rematch of the tournament final wasn't played last week, so we'll hopefully see this week if bumclasshero will get revenge or if Tildeguy will come out on top again.

With the new three week rule in effect, the three games from week one must be played by the end of this week or else the results will be decided upon.

Archived