UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

Sorry Nicko, I've been layed low with shitty flu for the past couple of days so I refuse to jeopardise my position by playing when not 100%. I'lll have a full write up on the weeks results tomorrow so if anyone can get their remaining fixtures played tonight I'd be well happy.

Enjoy the Grandaddy Nicko! ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aston Villa 1 - Dortmund 0

Controversial goal from Darren Bent in the 4th minute after what appeared to be a foul on the defender on route to goal.

Dortmund then responded in the first half quite strongly with a number of decent chances with Friedel in inspired form with Villa looking threatening on the break with Agbonlahor nearly doubling the score in first half injury time.

Second half Villa took more control of the game as Dortmund struggled to find a way through on goal wasting a one vs one late on as Villa held on to condemn Dortmund to the second defeat in succession although a much improved effort from Dortmund after the opening game against Liverpool.

With Dortmund yet to play a home game this season....here is hoping that the home form see's a change in fortunes.

• Paid Members
Sorry Nicko, I've been layed low with shitty flu for the past couple of days so I refuse to jeopardise my position by playing when not 100%. I'lll have a full write up on the weeks results tomorrow so if anyone can get their remaining fixtures played tonight I'd be well happy.

Enjoy the Grandaddy Nicko! ;)

Worry not stunstone my lad, will catch you when I make my triumphant return to the shores of East Anglia!

The only games left to play from last week are the following :-

Arsenal v Lyon

Athletico v Arsenal

Lyon v Milan.

Barca v Man Utd.

Tottenham v Roma.

I have sorted the scorers out from the games played so will have that up shortly.

Below are the results for this week for the matches that have been played. Once the remaining fixtures are played I will update and add any write ups that are needed. The scorers for the away side are listed after the team as I couldn't get them directly below like I did for the home team for some stupid UKFF reason. As the weeks progress I'm sure I will iron out any kinks but for now this seems the easiest way.

Week 1 (Mon 21st March -> Sunday 27th)

A.C. Milan 0 v 2 Chelsea Torres (2)

The winners of the UKFF Fifa Cup and pundits choice for the league got off to the best possible start by beating Milan. Chelsea were right at the Italians' jugular with Fernando Torres only stopped from giving his side the lead by the woodwork on two occasions. It was the Spaniard who would give Chelsea the lead at the third time of asking though which saw his side leading at half time. After the break Torres was on hand once more to double his sides advantage and this effectively was game over. Towards the final whistle Milan pushed for a consolation goal but thanks to Petr Cech it wasn't to be.

Arsenal v Lyon

Bayern Munich 0 v 0 Inter Milan

Do not let the scoreline fool you this was a finely contested game against two sides who know eachother very well from the previous tournament. Again, like their last encounter the two sides couldn't be seperated although but for striking the woodwork on numerous occassions and Arjen Robben missing an open net, Bayern should have taken all 3 points. Inter's keeper Julio Cesar was a very busy man and rightfully earned his Man of the match status by keeping his side in it and giving them a share of the points.

Dortmund 0 v 2 Liverpool Meireles & Carrol

Liverpool took the three points with goals from Raul Meireles and a trademark header from Andy Carroll.

Everton 1 v 1 Aston Villa Cueller

Cahill

Talismanic Australian Tim Cahill gave Everton the lead in the 37th minute as the Blues looked to start off the campaign with a home win. It certainly looked like it would finish with this outcome until Carlos Cuellers header deep into stoppage time at the end of the game left the Toffees heartbroken.

Man Utd 2 v 1 Atletico Madrid Suarez

Rooney

Berbatov

Man Utd took the 3 points in this game despite some serious laggy conditions. Rooney and Berbatov who are both expected to be amongst the top scorers list come the end of the season put the Red Devils in front with Mario Suarez scoring the Atleti goal.

Napoli 3 v 3 Tottenham Defoe (2), Crouch

Cavani

Maggio

Ruiz

The first contender for match of the week saw a blistering pace set and 6 goals in total with the points being shared. Jermaine Defoe gave Spurs the lead early on in the first half after taking advantage of some sluggish Napoli defending. 15 minutes later Peter Crouch doubled his sides advantage and it looked like it was going to be a good day for the Londeners. Right on cue Napoli awoke and were straight back in the game with a Lavezzi header and only 5 mins later Maggio had the Italians level. Tottenham didn't have time to catch their breath as from a corner Victor Ruiz was able to head Napoli in front and their comeback was complete. The half time whistle was a welcome sound for a stunned Spurs. The second half saw a change tot he Tottenham keeper as Gomes was singled out as being the man to blame for Napoli's astonishing comeback. Jermaine Defoe netted his second of the game and put his side back on level terms after the hour mark and after this the game became a little scrappy. Ultimately both managers will settle for a point as the draw was the fair result in the end.

Real Madrid 0 v 1 Barcelona Villa

An interesting match up between the two beaten semi finalists from the UKFF Cup. These two managers had never met eachother before and the contest was made all the more meaty as ex Barcelona boss Stunstone was going up against his former charges. The game was a closely fought affair, very tight and very tense and the big tackles were being thrown in with reckless abandon. A goal deep into stoppage time ended Real Madrids hope of getting anything out of the game when David Villa jumped above the hapless Marcelo and sent the Catalans into raptures.

Roma 0 v 2 Man City Adebayor & Tevez

A decent first 45 minutes of football from Roma saw them fail to make any headway once they had the ball in the final third of the pitch. New manager Ebb made a few substitutions and changed his sides formation to try to kick Roma into life but unfortunately it backfired on him when City were given the lead by Adebayor (who could well be plying his trade for Madrid as well this season.) Carlos Tevez was able to double Citys advantage a little later on as the Mancunian Millionaires took all 3 points.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aston Villa 1 v 0 Dortmund

Bent

Dortmund will feel hard done by as the only goal of the game was a contentious one. Darren Bent gave Villa the lead after only 4 minutes after seemingly fouling a defender but neither the referee or his assistants saw it so the goal stood. Dortmund had a go and but for Brad Friedel may have managed to get back on level terms although Agbonlahor remained a constant threat to the Germans defence whenever Villa tried to break.

Atletico Madrid 4 v 0 Arsenal

A late kick off for these two sides but it was one worth hanging around for if you were an Athleti fan. 2 goals by Diego Forlan and one each for Aguero and Jose Reyes were all it took to kill of Arsenal.

Barcelona v Man Utd

Chelsea 1 v 2 Everton Beckford & Saha

Drogba

I'm sure ROHPete won't mind me saying that this was the upset of the week. The favourites for the league Chelsea stated their early ambitions with some goo dpressure but were unable to make the breakthrough and the game was goaless at halftime. Early into the second half Chelsea took the lead through Didier Drogba and you'd have been forgiven for thinking that was game over. Step up to the plate Darren Beckford; the Everton substitute had a different idea and he immediately got Everton back on level terms and then thanks to a John Terry mix up Louis Saha was allowed the chance to put Everton in front and the Frenchman didn't fluff his lines. Chelsea were denied the equaliser late on but the woodwork from a Luiz header and Everton held on for a famous victory!

Inter Milan 2 v 1 Napoli Cavani

Maicon

Milito

Until about the 60 minute mark of this game Napoli were the dominant side and spurned numerous chances to take the lead that would come back and haunt them later on. It was Inters Maicon who gave the home side the lead when his shot beat De Sanctis. Napoli responded in the 89th minute with an Edison Cavani header and the game looked destined for a share of the points but an injury time goal from Diego Milito scuppered Napoli's plans and Inter collected all 3 points.

Liverpool 1 v 5 Bayern Munich Gomez (3), Tymoshuck, Ribery

Kuyt

A hiding of epic proportions as unfortunately for Liverpool Bayern were ruthless in front of goal. Tymoshuck started the rout off with an early goal with a Mario Gomez header doubling the advantage a little later on. Gomez would double his tally and seemingly end any of Liverpools hopes by making it 3 nil early into the second half. Dirk Kuyt was able to grab a goal back for Liverpool straight after Bayern had scored their third and it was game on again.....until Mario Gomez completed his hat trick and made it 4-1. Franck Ribery compounded Liverpools woes when he completed the rout close to the end of the game.

Lyon v A.C. Milan

Man City 1 v 1 Real Madrid Benzema

Balotelli

A Rain soaked Eastlands saw a drab first half played out before a bored shitless crowd. Neither side could muster a shot on goal in the first 45 minutes and the half time whistle was a welcome sound for all concerned. The second half was an improvement and Madrid had the chance to take the lead on the hour mark with a Ronaldo penalty. Unfortunately the Portuguese spurned the chance. Madrid changed their formation and this brought their first and only goal netted by Benzema. This goal was all it took for the game to kick into life and 15 minutes later Man City were level thanks to a blistering Balotelli freekick. That was how things stayed.

Tottenham 2 v 1 Roma

Defoe and Pavlyuchecnko gave Spurs the lead and Menez got a consolation for the Romans.

Inter 4 - 0 Roma De Rossi - Sent Off

Samuel

Milito

Chivu

Sneijder

This game was played in advance due to the fact that Nicko is taking his Inter side to Wrestlemania next week so the game was brought forward much to the obvious chagrin of Roma manager Ebb. A Samuel header and a Milito shot had given Inter the lead by 2 goals to nil and worse was to follow before half time for Roma as another set piece brought another headed goal, this time for Chivu and Inter were comfortable at 3-0 at half time made all the more worse for Roma as they had also had De Rossi sent off for a professional foul at the end of the first half. THree goals down and a man short it was always going to be an uphill struggle for Roma and it showed when Sneijder was allowed the space and time to make it 4-0 to Inter with another header.

END OF WEEK AWARDS.

Match of the Week - SPurs 3 v 3 Napoli - With the twists that featured in this game it was hard to see past it to award anything else the prize. Spurs taking a 2 goal lead, Napoli pulling level abd then taking the advantage only for Spurs to grab an equaliser. Big game!

Team of the Week - Bayern Munich. A drawn with their old nemesis Inter and a whopping 5-1 win over Liverpool sees Bayern take the plaudits of team of the week.

Player of the week - Diego Milito. A close run battle between the Argentine and Mario Gomez who scored a hat trick in his sides game against Liverpool but Milito takes the award for him netting in both of his sides fixtures this week.

Performance of the Week - A number of performances caught the eye this week - Julio Cesar's goal keeping expertise keeping his side in their game against Bayern, Napolis fantastic fightback against Spurs after being two goals to nil down and turning the game round to lead 3-2 and Everton defeating league favourites and UKFF Cup winners Chelsea. The award goes to the latter though and their manager ROHPete. Well done!

TOP SCORERS.

Mario Gomez - 3

Fernando Torres - 2

Diego Milito - 2

Edison Cavani - 2

Jermaine Defoe - 3

Diego Forlan - 2

Sergio Aguero

Jose Reyes

Jeremy Menez

Roman Pavlyuchecnko

Raul Meireles