UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

Man City 1 - 1 Real Madrid

Terrible first half from both sides contested in squalid rainy conditions. After the first 45 mins neither side had registered a strike towards goal and alot would have to change in the second half for things to improve. MAdrid had teh chance to strike first after about an hour but Ronaldo missed a penalty. A change of formation later and a quick break saw Karim Benzema put the ball past Joe Hart and put Madrid into the lead. Man City kicked into life at this point and substitute Balotelli scored a great freekick with 15 mins to go. Towards the end of teh game both sides had good chances to win the game but I imagine that both managers will settle for this result.

I'd also like to note that for some reason Adebayor was missing from my squad which made my options up front even shiter than usual. Dunno why.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelsea 1-2 Everton

Chelsea began the game piling on the pressure With a smart save from Tim Howard from a Fernando Torres shot as the half ended 0-0 Early on in the second half Drogba was put cleean through but dragged his shot wide but 5 minutes later it was Chelsea that took the lead when Didier Drogba headed into an empty net. Everton made a change which brought Jermaine Beckford on as he equalised with his first touch then late on John Terry played a poor pass which Louis Saha intercepted and put his shot into the top corner. With virtually the Last touch of the game David Luiz hit the crossbar with a header from a corner.

The game was very laggy in the first half.

Inter 2 - 1 Napoli

Napoli dominated large periods of the first half with Edinson Cavani and Marek Hamsik both missing close range headers, as well as Julio Cesar making some good stops from one-on-ones. Napoli also looked good in the first 10-15 minutes of the second half but Inter started to look dangerous, especially on the counter. The deadlock was broken midway through the second half when Maicon made a surging run to receive the ball unmarked on the edge of the area. The Brazilian's shot squirmed under De Sanctis and managed to bounce over the line before a defender could reach it. Napoli looked for a deserved equaliser to no avail until the 89th minute when a cross from the right was headed in by Cavani on the edge of the six-yard box. The match looked like it would end in a draw when in injury time some neat interplay between the Inter attackers led to Diego Milito receiving the ball just inside the box and he slotted it past a helpless De Sanctis in the Napoli goal.

EVERTON 1 ASTON VILLA 1

Football is a cruel game after scoring a 37th min goal by cahill thought i had seen the gam through to the end when deep deep into injury time a late corner swinged in and carlos cuellar poped in with a header to make it a draw. Im happy with 4 points out of six in first week

• Paid Members

Bayern Munich 0-0 Inter Milan

Quality game. BumClassHero will feel very hard done by and rightly so, he was all over my goal.

After patiently waiting for me to accept his invitation to rekindle our gladiatorial spirit shown in the first tourne encounter many moons ago (Was in another online and then wound up ordering a takeaway having missed the invites somehow!), we hopped to it. Bringing it hot and heavy, Bayern Munich almost scored right off the bat, cutting through the Italian stallions at the back like a knife through butter but thankfully firing wide! After that Inter improved, but didn't really test the Bayern 'Keeper. At half time I was feeling pretty confident I could nick something, but then poor Julio Cesar in the Inter goal had to put in the mother of all shifts to keep them away. Also, Bayern twice hit the woodwork, the bar and post respectively. I'm amazed I kept a clean sheet and am extremely thankful for the point. BumClassHero will rightfully feel a bit hard done by, but I had some good passing play at times. Brilliant result against the tourne runner up. The Fine City derby has been contested twice now and still a winner hasn't been determined. Another draw.

To finish up, I got an awesome PSN message from my Norwich counterpart at the end which sums up the game perfectly.

Good game. Shoulda won. Robben open goal FAIL.

True dat.

Napoli 1-2 Inter

Again, TUFCfan will feel hard done by, probably moreso than BumClassHero because he absolutely pasted me. Julio Cesar constantly had to make save after save as Napoli systematically ran rings around my so called "defence." In fairness it's a crime Napoli didn't win here. TUFCfan had 13 shots and 7 of them were on target, compared to my five shots with only two of them being on target. But as is so often the case in football, if you don't take your chances it can eventually bite you on the arse, and with my only two shots on target I did just that. The first goal had more scrap in it than Barry Scrapyard back when they sent all the steam engines there. I thought I'd thrown it away at the end when I was pissing about in defence and was rightfully punished. Step forward this man.

Diego_Milito_1585453c.jpg

Ugly as sin, but with flashes of brilliance. That sums up my performance in the tourne so far in a nutshell. Lovely goal to steal the game and the points at the death.

I can already see me being the most annoying player in the tourne. That's 4 pretty undeserved points. But, erm, yeah, SUCK IT!!

Bring on the Ipswich.

Inter 0 (EL NICKO) Bayern 0 (bumclasshero)

Pretty much a carbon copy of the last time we met, except no goals this time, still can't fathom out how though, had 14 shots to Inter's 2. Not clinical enough, Robben missed an open goal which he thumped onto the underside of the bar and Bayern couldn't find a way through for a goal. Inter did defend well it must be said, but Bayern will be looking at their forwards for a bit of inspiration in future fixtures if they are to go as far as they did last time round.

Terrible first half from both sides contested in squalid rainy conditions. After the first 45 mins neither side had registered a strike towards goal and alot would have to change in the second half for things to improve. MAdrid had teh chance to strike first after about an hour but Ronaldo missed a penalty. A change of formation later and a quick break saw Karim Benzema put the ball past Joe Hart and put Madrid into the lead. Man City kicked into life at this point and substitute Balotelli scored a great freekick with 15 mins to go. Towards the end of teh game both sides had good chances to win the game but I imagine that both managers will settle for this result.

I'd also like to note that for some reason Adebayor was missing from my squad which made my options up front even shiter than usual. Dunno why.

I had Dzeko missing as well, was gutted when I went to change my line-up and found he wasn't there. I had been playing online for a few days beforehand playing with Tevez behind Dzeko with Silva & Milner left/right side of Tevez, Yaya & De Jong holding to good effect. I should have finished it at the end, instead I hoped that you would bring your keeper out for the square pass tap in but you never did. :p

Very glad to get to full time with a draw though and the free kick was a beaut. I am looking forward to the return match between the two sides in Madrid.

Bring on the Ipswich.

I only live in this shithole (well for the last seven months anyway), I am from Hull originally so I'm used to living in a dump but the people in this town take being inbred to another level at times.

EDIT-Forgot to mention, I will be unable to fulfil my league fixtures for the second week of April as I'll be in Los Angeles (Nice engagement present :D ) But I would be free to play them a week earlier if people are ok with that?

• Paid Members

I had Dzeko missing as well, was gutted when I went to change my line-up and found he wasn't there. I had been playing online for a few days beforehand playing with Tevez behind Dzeko with Silva & Milner left/right side of Tevez, Yaya & De Jong holding to good effect. I should have finished it at the end, instead I hoped that you would bring your keeper out for the square pass tap in but you never did. :p

Very glad to get to full time with a draw though and the free kick was a beaut. I am looking forward to the return match between the two sides in Madrid.

Bring on the Ipswich.

I only live in this shithole (well for the last seven months anyway), I am from Hull originally so I'm used to living in a dump but the people in this town take being inbred to another level at times.

EDIT-Forgot to mention, I will be unable to fulfil my league fixtures for the second week of April as I'll be in Los Angeles (Nice engagement present :D ) But I would be free to play them a week earlier if people are ok with that?

I have an confession, I actually had no idea you were from Ipswich! I was just saying that line for a giggle as no one picked them. Poor you for living there. Why not move down to Norfolk? I hear it's quite nice. Congrats on the engagement and the trip to LA. Looking at where our game is, we may have to move it to the week after as we'll both be in the States around that point.

Edit- Alternatively, if the organisers don't mind, I'm happy to play the Man City game this week if Rob's up for it, and by the time we're both back we should be more or less up to date.

For the Rangers game, JoeyBlaze, you free this Sunday? We can get that done and then I'll have Monday free to pack my stuff for the States when I fly out on the Tuesday.

Edit- Alternatively, if the organisers don't mind, I'm happy to play the Man City game this week if Rob's up for it, and by the time we're both back we should be more or less up to date.

For the Rangers game, JoeyBlaze, you free this Sunday? We can get that done and then I'll have Monday free to pack my stuff for the States when I fly out on the Tuesday.

If you're going to be tight for time the week when you're back then playing that game now is fine. You've got stunstone and Joey Blayze to play the week you're going as well so playing them before you go is fine as well if you want to do that.

• Paid Members

If you're going to be tight for time the week when you're back then playing that game now is fine. You've got stunstone and Joey Blayze to play the week you're going as well so playing them before you go is fine as well if you want to do that.

Cheers TUFC. stunstone, I owe you one after your raping of my dignity in the tournemant previously. :thumbsup:

Archived