UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ebb, if you are taking his place you're down to play me (tottenham)

I'll be online from about 5.30-7 today , and possibly from about 10pm if either suit you?

psn-padzilla

I'm due to play you this week as well, so I'll try to be on about 6ish and/or after 10.

• Paid Members

ok, i'll go ROMA

cool, i'm in....am i Rangers?

You can be if you want to, though as Joey hadn't played any games yet you can choose any team that's free.

I'll be online from about 5.30-7 today , and possibly from about 10pm if either suit you?

psn-padzilla

i'll add you know, i'll try and get on...should be able too (between 5.30-7).

• Paid Members

psn-padzilla

yo man, says your network name aint registered...add me: ebbforpope

Napoli 3 - 3 Tottenham

An exciting game, though Alan Hansen would have a field day analysing some of the defending.

Napoli looked sluggish at first, clearly still suffering from a hangover after their injury time loss against Inter. Spurs on the other hand looked dangerous. After giving Napoli a few early warnings, they took the lead in the ninth minute when Jermain Defoe capitalised on some indecisive defending by winning the ball and breaking free in to the area and putting the ball past De Sanctis. The goal woke Napoli up as they started to trouble Tottenham, forcing some good saves out of Gomes as well as having an effort cleared off the line. Despite their attempts at a comeback it was Tottenham who scored next in the 23rd minute. Peter Crouch received the ball on the edge of the box and dribbled around a Napoli defender before scoring from a narrow angle. Napoli didn't give up and five minutes later Gomes made a good save from a Cavani effort, but his parry out wide to the edge of the box was picked up by Christian Maggio who crossed the ball to the far post where Ezequiel Lavezzi nodded home in front of a stationary William Gallas. Buoyed by their goal, Napoli equalised just four minutes later when Gomes came out to stop an effort from Cavani who had broken through the defence. Gomes made the save but the ball then bobbled a couple of yards in front of him and Cavani and a Spurs defender challenged for the ball and the ball was prodded, possibly by the defender, back towards goal and out of reach of Gomes, and Maggio snuck in and sidefooted it home before Gomes could get back. Napoli weren't finished there, and on the stroke of half-time a Hamsik corner was powerfully headed home by an unmarked Victor Ruiz after a good run to meet the ball. 3-2 to Napoli at half-time and the Spurs manager obviously blamed Gomes as he was replaced by Carlo Cudicini before the start of the second half. Cudicini made a good stop just minutes after the start of the half whilst at the other end De Sanctis made a good save after Defoe broke through the defence. Spurs got an equaliser in the 64th minute when a poor freekick from Paolo Cannavaro was chipped straight to a Spurs player who played the ball to Defoe who dribbled through the Napoli defence to score his second of the game. The game got a bit scrappy after this, with only a few half-chances for either team. Overall a draw was likely the right result, though the game could have gone either way.

Napoli goals: Lavezzi (28), Maggio (32), Victor Ruiz (45).

Tottenham goals: Defoe (9, 64), Crouch (23).

I will be online tonight from 8-9 if you want to play our match Ebb.

I will also be online between 7-9pm tomorrow and probably Saturday afternoon.

I work as a lecturer so I find it a bit hard to get online to post on here but I do read the board a lot on my phone so if you are due to play me, could you please post prior to the match when you think you'll be online and I'll ensure I get on for that time.

Just to give everyone a heads up......I'v ebeen collecting the results and scorers and so far we still have the following games remaining.

Arsenal v Lyon

Dortmund v Liverpool

Real Madrid v Barcelona

Roma v Man City

Aston Villa v Dortmund

Atletico Madrid v Arsenal

Barcelona v Man Utd

Liverpool v Bayern Munich

Lyon v A.C. Milan

Tottenham v Roma

Lawz - I should be online tonight at some point.

Just to give everyone a heads up......I'v ebeen collecting the results and scorers and so far we still have the following games remaining.

Arsenal v Lyon

Dortmund v Liverpool

Real Madrid v Barcelona

Roma v Man City

Aston Villa v Dortmund

Atletico Madrid v Arsenal

Barcelona v Man Utd

Liverpool v Bayern Munich

Lyon v A.C. Milan

Tottenham v Roma

Lawz - I should be online tonight at some point.

I'm around as well, hit me up via PM.

• Paid Members

Roma 0 - 2 Man. City :(

horrible start for me...i thought i played the better football in the first half, but after a ridiculous goal mouth scramble in which i somehow got out without conceding, it was all downhill. I made some substitutions, changed my formation and conceded 2 goals, useless management.

I'm fucking rubbish at attacking on the game...

Real Madrid 0-1 Barcelona.

Hardly fought contest, lots of tasty challenges going in but in the very last minutes Barcelona get a throw in near the Madrid box, Iniesta collects it on the edge of the 18 and swings a inch perfect cross to the far post, Villa is there jumping above Marcelo and the header loops in the far corner past Casillas!

Archived