RIP

M-Dudz

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey hey hey hey...

...Nate Dogg passed away. :(

My best mate and I always had a running thing where if we saw or heard Nate Dogg pop up in the chorus of someone elses song, we would chuckle and imagine the people behind the scenes telling him to do bits in other people's songs and one day they might let him do an album of his own.

I know that wasn't literally the case, but from around 1994 there was a 10 year spell where he would pop up very frequently on numerous rapper's albums.

41 is very sad.

:(

Grew up listening to Death Row and loved his cameo appearances/hooks in songs like Aint No Fun, How long will they mourn me, All about U and his post Death Row days songs like Oh No, Ooh Wee, Area Codes.

His stuff with Tha Dogg Pound was amazing - "I don't like to dream about gettin paid" was brilliant and of course Regulate with Warren G.

....Hold up!

Nate is in some classics, can't be denied. Bitch Please II, Regulate, The Next Episode and he seems to pop up in some of my fave Eminem and Snoop tracks such as Never Enough, Long Beach 2 Brick City and Til I Collapse. What a voice.

But yes, some of his solo stuff just doesn't work. Stick to what you're good at I guess.

• Paid Members
My best mate and I always had a running thing where if we saw or heard Nate Dogg pop up in the chorus of someone elses song, we would chuckle and imagine the people behind the scenes telling him to do bits in other people's songs and one day they might let him do an album of his own.

Looking at his solo albums it sounds more like "You doin' this one on yo' own, Nate? you sho'? 's real dangerous, better have backup."

I've been listening to him on Spotify; check out Nobody Does It Better.

Archived