Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I almost shit myself there. My computer was being a bit slow, then all of a sudden, Jeff's head started turning. What a creepy gif.

Two things:

1) Jeff Hardy hasn't half got a great look hasn't he? He looks like an absolute star.

2) Mr. Anderson reminds me of one of those Attitude era wrestlers who only had the one shirt out so keeps on wearing it. Like The Headbangers. He's had that shirt since 2010.

I also thought Open Fight Night was a nice change of pace! The whole show had a slightly different feel to it and fairplay to TNA for trying something new. For me it worked! I especially loved the fact all the wrestlers were shown in the back watching the monitor waiting to be called out.

Am I the only one who thinks Devon as TV Champion is a great idea? The man is in the best shape of his career arguably, is perhaps one of the better old hands out there at the moment, is willing to put newer guys over, shows a ton of passion in the ring and is FUCKING OVER. Fair enough it was a victory against Bully Ray which in itself is a big deal considering their history and how highly TNA rate Bully Ray, but him celebrating like a madman is only gonna do wonders for that title. I say let Devon hold onto the belt for a while, and when he finally does lose the belt, lets have some build around it!

I like the idea of the gut check challenge. Alex Silva had a fairly decent look but looked green as shit and I doubt he'll be signed up. I think all the new guys should go against Robbie E to be honest as if they decide to have one of the newer guys win, it wouldn't hurt him too much and he's the perfect guy to put against a plucky young wrestler looking to earn an contract.

By the by, are all the Gut Check guys coming through OVW? If so are there any decent guys down there worth checking out?

All in all I'm looking forward to the next edition and kudos to TNA for freshening up their shows somewhat.

May 3rd

In Ring Segment

The show opened with Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair in the ring talking about their recent exchanges and how both man believes that he is better than the other amongst other topics. A match between the two, potentially at either TNA Slammiversary or TNA Bound for Glory was alluded to.

Tag Team Match

Brooke Tessmacher and Velvet Sky defeated Gail Kim and Madison Rayne.

In Ring Segment

Rob van Dam came to the ring and was followed thereafter by Bobby Roode. RVD brought up the fact that he actually never lost the TNA World Heavyweight Championship going back, however Roode interrupts and tells him to shut his mouth and that he plans on adding him to the list of guys that he has beaten. Roode says that tonight, in the Pick Your Poison matches, RVD

May 10th

TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode hit the ring and brags about nearly being the longest reigning champion ever. Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson hit the ring and a brawl ensues. General Manager Hulk Hogan hits the ring and announces a 4-way for the main event. If RVD wins, he chooses the stipulation for his Sacrifice match against Roode. If Hardy or Anderson win, they take RVD

• Paid Members
Rob van Dam came to the ring and was followed thereafter by Bobby Roode. RVD brought up the fact that he actually never lost the TNA World Heavyweight Championship going back, however Roode interrupts and tells him to shut his mouth and that he plans on adding him to the list of guys that he has beaten. Roode says that tonight, in the Pick Your Poison matches, RVD

• Paid Members

I've never read that. Maybe in mid 2010, but Mr. Andersons been dead on his arse for about a year now and hasnt been in a main event programme for so long I cant remember when. Its Dixie Carter who likes him. Who buys Mr. Anderson shirts anyway? The blokes been wearing the same shit since 2010. I doubt there is chance that he's selling anywhere close to the stuff Hardy, Sting, Hogan, RVD, Angle and James Storm or even an AJ Styles is.

Hogan v Flair, as a side attraction? As long as they stick to the Hogan/Flair formula, could be fun.

I'm on the fence about Anderson. His wayward physical shape (relatively speaking) annoys me, but he's still got a spark in him that makes him interesting. I can well believe he still shifts plenty of those t-shirts.

The guy who's really impressing at the moment is Hardy. I am NOT a Hardy fan, but as Ian said a while ago, his new Zombie look is quality and he's been good in his matches too. His voice is still hugely gay, but the girls seem to like that. He can't keep going with this arsenal of moves for THAT much longer surely, his hips must be absolutely killing him nowadays.

Wasn't RVD meant to be heading back to WWE? He must be thinking of another run up there at some point if his wife is better.

• Paid Members

I remember hearing Hardy had to take some time off, a few months ago, because his back was going. I've typed this a million times, but he needs to get his arse back to WWE. WWE will probably throw daft money at him too. Anybody know when his TNA deal is up?

Hogan v Flair will end up like Hogan v Sting. People will be saying how crap it's going to be, then it'll end up being the best thing on the show.

• Paid Members

I have to admit I'm currently enjoying Hardy and his look is great! the eyeballs on the eyelids are a nice touch. He seems to be landing on people with the Swanton alot more now though. When he hit Kurt with it he landed flat on him, made me cringe a little. But all in all he seems to have gotten his shite together again and regain the aura he had about him a couple of year ago.

Looks like Anarquia is gone, aparently his page on the website has been removed. Nothing has been confirmed but its just speculation. Hopefully they bring someone in with a less annoying voice to fill the void within Mexican America.

Archived