Ice Ribbon Girls Pro Wrestling

Ice Ribbon Europe

iceribbon_bigger.jpg

The intention of this thread is to keep everyone up to speed with Ice Ribbon Girls Pro Wrestling and to introduce fans to the promotion.

Ice Ribbon Girls Pro Wrestling was founded in 2006 by Joshi veteran Emi Sakura:

sakura_240.jpg

Ice Ribbon generally runs three shows a week - all taking place at the Warabi Dojo in Saitama, Japan.

On Wednesday and Saturday, Ice Ribbon present a "house show" at the dojo whilst on a Friday they run 19 O'Clock Pro Wrestling - a free-to-watch Internet TV show available on Ustream.

You can watch the show here:

http://19pro.ne07.jp/

19 O'Clock Pro Wrestling airs LIVE & FREE at 10AM UK TIME every FRIDAY - shows are available on the Ustream channel for viewing following the live transmission.

Ice Ribbon also run major events at Tokyo's famous Korakuen Hall with the next event, 'March Ribbon' scheduled for March 21, 2011.

You can follow the results of the house shows, and other Ice Ribbon news, in the following locations in English:

Facebook

Twitter

Tumblr (also includes archived IR results for 2011 and a complete 2011 IR roster list)

Ice Ribbon Girls Pro Wrestling promote the following championship belts:

ICEx60 - current champion Tsukasa Fujimoto

Triangle Ribbon - current champion Tsukasa Fujimoto

International Ribbon tag team - current champions Tskuasa Fujimoto & Hikaru Shida

A new title, IW19 or InternetWrestling 19, is soon to be established with the intention of ther title being defending on the 19 O'Clock Pro Wrestling Internet TV show.

Information resource:

Japan Times article on Ice Ribbon (English language)

19 O'Clock Pro Wrestling Ustream channel (Japanese language)

Official Ice Ribbon website (Japanese language)

Wikipedia page (English language)

Thank you for reading! :thumbsup:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ice Ribbon is also the home of this young lady, Riho.

http://www.cagematch.de/?id=2&nr=9434&gimmick=Riho

Now, what makes Riho so unique I hear you ask?

Check her stats. She's 13. Big wow, right? After all, England's own Brittani Knight started wrestling when she was 13.

Only, Riho's 13 NOW - she actually started wrestling professionally when she was 8.

Yes, that's 8 years old!

Surely that's some kind of record!?

• Paid Members

Check her stats. She's 13. Big wow, right? After all, England's own Brittani Knight started wrestling when she was 13.

Only, Riho's 13 NOW - she actually started wrestling professionally when she was 8.

Yes, that's 8 years old!

This seems like something you may think better of and delete in future, so I'm just going to quote it now.

• Paid Members

Yes, that's 8 years old!

This seems like something you may think better of and delete in future, so I'm just going to quote it now.

Don't see the problem... he said she started wrestling professionally at 8, not fucking professionally. I understand she started fucking professionally at 13.

Also, Innocent Candies Evolution sounds so wrong.

• Moderators

Yes, that's 8 years old!

Not likely.. Loads of 2nd or more generation wrestlers started from a really young age. Didn't Eddie and Chavo wrestle during the intermission on shows from mad young?

Anyway. Glad I went into this thread. I ignored it when I first saw it because I assumed it was European or American women's wrestling (which is rubbish). I'm actually kinda interested in checking this out..

• Paid Members

If SBA is correct, this federation is a bit of a fucked up concept surely? Having 8 year olds on the roster? Who's it targeted to? Imagine that conversation? "Where you going tonight?" "Oh, I'm just popping out to see a bunch of 13 year olds in spandex pretending to fight, Mam. Have my tea on for me getting in?" At least you can use "its great entertainment" as an excuse when people call you a wierdo for watching WWE. This is one I'd find hard to justify.

This federation is a bit of a fucked up concept surely? Who's it targeted to? Imagine that conversation? "Where you going tonight?" "Oh, I'm just popping out to see a bunch of 13 year olds in spandex pretending to fight, Mam. Have my tea on for me getting in?" At least you can use "its great entertainment" as an excuse when people call you a wierdo for watching WWE. This is one I'd find hard to justify.

Just to clarify: the majority of the Ice Ribbon roster are adults.

The school is open to all ages and Riho is the exception rather than the rule.

In fact, Neko Nitta has only just graduated from the school and had her first pro match at the age of 32.

Archived