Being Owed Money

thejeffjarrettone

I came into some money a while ago, and a friend of mine was desperate because she was going to get evicted, so being the charitable sort that I am, I loaned her some money to get the baliffs off her back. This was over a year and a half ago and I'm yet to see a penny of it, but she's more than happy to spread it all over Facebook that she's just bought some fancy new trinket for her latest chewtoy. You can imagine, then, that I'm not happy. I don't want to come across as being a wanker, but I would really like to get the money back ASAP.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Hey Jeff you could try asking her out for dinner you would be paying. Then maybe a little trip out some where real nice, maybe even a holiday some where.

Or you could just be a man and say bitch quit buying nice shit and give me my money back.

Men owed cash just ask for it back

basically GET SOME NUTS

l8304874453_8413.jpg

• Moderators
You should have got her to sign some document in hein site, but you don't really do that with friends do you. Just bring up the subject, say you really need it quite urgently, try a guilt trip approach.

:laugh: I love stuff like this. Clearly one of those situations where you've heard the word but never seen it written down before. I admire your boldness is giving it a go; I just avoid using the word in question or try to look it up when I find myself in this situation.

For reference, it's 'hindsight' btw..

The simple solution would be to ask her for it back. If you don't want to ask her in a direct manner, you could suggest that you may need it back soon as you have a commitment coming up that you'll need it for.

Failing that, you could try a small claims court, although the ins & outs of that are unknown to me regarding the evidence you may need that you gave her the money.

You should have got her to sign some document in hein site, but you don't really do that with friends do you. Just bring up the subject, say you really need it quite urgently, try a guilt trip approach.

:laugh: I love stuff like this. Clearly one of those situations where you've heard the word but never seen it written down before. I admire your boldness is giving it a go; I just avoid using the word in question or try to look it up when I find myself in this situation.

Class, isn't it? I saw someone hoping for some 'rest bite' on here the other day. And one of my friends told me she was getting new 'walled robes' fitted a year or so back.

• Paid Members
Ask for it back, maybe? If she wasn't shy enough to ask for it, you shouldn't be too shy to ask for it back.

Exactly. If you don't want to come across as Scrouge just lay it on heavy about being broke. If she says she has no cash you know you are being used.

This happens to me loads :laugh: mainly with stuff like that and phrases you use a fair bit in speech but maybe not in writing, I normally google it.

Archived