New Member of Hall of Fame announced

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Brad Armstrong was hilarious as a commentator on ECW as well. Fair enough, he wasn't a very good one because all he wanted to do was crack jokes about Tazz's height, but Brad showed more personality than he ever had. They always said, if he could bring his real personality out when the light goes on, he'd have been a megastar. Shame, because watching his shoot interview he's very witty and bright, like Road Dogg is. Unlike the Harts, the Armstrongs seem like a really nice group of lads.

My favourite Bullet Bob moment was from TNA when Shane Douglas was interviewing him and Bob ended the interview by saying "well, thank you very much Shawn". There was also a time I watched an ROH show in 2006 and Homicide was feuding with Colt Cabana and was also in TNA doing jobs and having to sell Bob Armstrongs offence. Homicide beat the fuck out of Cabana and it was very intense. He was smashing a ladder off his head and all sorts and someone from the crowd shouted "watch out Homicide here comes Bullet Bob". Cracking line.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I liked "Bullet" Bob's run in TNA. Some of the best promos in the company at the time - although that's not saying much, he was still bloody great on the stick. Should've been taken on as a regular manager.

In fact, fuck that - I want to see him and BG back in TNA. Team BG up with one of the blandsters like Lethal, and get him over with the promos. Or get Kip James back, reform the James Gang with BG and "Bullet" Bob as their manager, and get Mickie in there too.

From @ScottArmstrong_ Twitter account: "ME, Brad, Steve and Road dogg will b inducting our dad in the HOF! Family Reunion at Mania!!! THAT'S livin the dream!!!!!!!"

Good stuff - don't know how Roadie looks these days but surely he's worthy of some kind of WWE payoff, even if it's just a legends contract. If he got physically fit (assuming he's out of shape with being inactive) there's no reason he could be a Goldust like turn, and put in a shift getting the developmental guys over on house shows etc.

If he got physically fit (assuming he's out of shape with being inactive) there's no reason he could be a Goldust like turn, and put in a shift getting the developmental guys over on house shows etc.

Goldust is a way better worker than Road Dogg ever was, and with Roadie never being in particularly good shape even in his prime I don't see any upside to having him in a WWE ring 5 years after he was the weak link in the 3 Live Crew.

I loved his promos and was a massive New Age Outlaws fan, so I'd love to see him at Hall Of Fame.

But with no particularly memorable matches to his name that didn't include chairs, tables, or dumpsters - the actual in-ring part of wrestling was never his strong point imo.

If he got physically fit (assuming he's out of shape with being inactive) there's no reason he could be a Goldust like turn, and put in a shift getting the developmental guys over on house shows etc.

Goldust is a way better worker than Road Dogg ever was, and with Roadie never being in particularly good shape even in his prime I don't see any upside to having him in a WWE ring 5 years after he was the weak link in the 3 Live Crew.

I loved his promos and was a massive New Age Outlaws fan, so I'd love to see him at Hall Of Fame.

But with no particularly memorable matches to his name that didn't include chairs, tables, or dumpsters - the actual in-ring part of wrestling was never his strong point imo.

I thought he put in the odd good turn in the ring (could be wrong as so long ago, but a few good matches with Jericho ring a bell).

That said a long time ago and my memory ain't what it was - his star quality has always been in the mic skills and charisma department, and accordingly I reckon he could be sent out at a house show against an unknown and it wouldn't kill the crowd.

Actually surprised him and Gunn never made more of themselves on the indy circuit as the New Age Outlaws was a huge part of the Attitude era.

• Paid Members
Goldust is a way better worker than Road Dogg ever was

The Natural was, but Goldust wasn't. Road Dogg gets far more shit than he deserves.

Very much agree. I really don't know why people seem to think Road Dogg was shit in the ring - he had signature spots the crowd popped for, he looked relatively solid and believable, and he was one of the best on the mike. Also, he more than held up his side of the deal in being randomly thrown together with Billy Gunn - no special theme, no intent to push them as a solid unit initially, yet they ended up looking like they were always meants to tag (obviously Billy was great at doing that too).

• Paid Members

Road Dogg was over as fuck, a guy who back in my younger days I always looked forward to seeing on the shows or playing as on the Playstation or something. Goldust has always been an interesting character too though.

It comes down to the old arguement about what makes a worker. Someone has a sig on here saying "A worker is someone who can pop the crowd. Period." Both of those guys could do it, so it's hard to define who was actually the better of the two. Goldust was more technically sound, but I recall more fond memories of Road Dogg back in the day than I do Goldust. I think my favourite Goldust period was during 02/03 when he was doing the comedy stuff with Booker and also having some good matches to boot.

Goldust is a way better worker than Road Dogg ever was

The Natural was, but Goldust wasn't. Road Dogg gets far more shit than he deserves.

What I meant was Dustin Runnels has had a much better in-ring career than Brian Armstrong and is still part of entertaining matches now in 2011.

Road Dogg was one of the most popular babyfaces on the WWF roster in his prime and I'm certainly not saying he was shit in the ring.

But I stand by my comments that you can count on one hand how many better-than-average singles matches he had in his entire career (that didn't involve hardcore rules) and was pretty much finished 5 years ago.

That's why I don't believe he would be as effective in the spot Goldust currently occupies.

• Paid Members

So does this mean we'll get some kind "oh you didn't know!" or "Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls, children of all ages, the armstrong family proudly presents to you..." schtick as he's inducting his dad?

So does this mean we'll get some kind "oh you didn't know!" or "Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls, children of all ages, the armstrong family proudly presents to you..." schtick as he's inducting his dad?

That would be ideal.

If the WWE don't have a MITB match I wonder if we'll see some kind of special attraction Rumble - not necessarily all old skool workers like WM 17, or all new guys like WM 21, but a mixture with guys like Road Dogg mixing it up with the current undercard.

If the WWE don't have a MITB match I wonder if we'll see some kind of special attraction Rumble - not necessarily all old skool workers like WM 17, or all new guys like WM 21, but a mixture with guys like Road Dogg mixing it up with the current undercard.

10 years since the first one, this would be the perfect time to have a legends/gimmick battle royal.

Those superstars that were around for the Attitude era would now be considered by many to be "old-school", just like those from the late 80's were in 2001.

Road Dogg, Val Venis, Headbangers, Road Warrior Animal, Faarooq, Blackman, Scotty 2 Hotty ...

Archived