Hidden gems during shows.

Doog

Was just watching Wrestlemania 26 an during the divas ten person tag, Vickie Guerrero wins the match after a frog splash, as she's about to do the move she does the Eddie heart pump and kisses to the sky, dedicating the moment to him. Realy felt like an awesome moment to me.

Yet obviously it's one of them things that happens, but is never really mentioned again, righty so of course, but it was a great moment.

Other examples would be Chavo in the rumble this year when he keeps trying to hit the 3 amigos an he finally does it to a big reaction.

Hope people know what I'm getting at with this thread, those awesome little moments that happen during a show that you have to be watching to appreciate.

So yeah what are yours that you remember?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The look McIntyre and Sheamus gave each other during the Rumble. No doubt picked up on/understood by less people than the Punk/Danielson one at the start, but I really liked it.

The kid who became possessed by the Ultimate Warrior when The Miz won the WWE Title. Unfortunately he was totally overshadowed by 'The Miz girl'.

Haha I remember that, it was fantastic. That must have been the happiest moment in his life so far. He'll remember that forever. We've all had moments like that as a kid when we went absolutely mental over our favourite wrestler winning, just it was obviously never caught on camera like that, epic moment.

Another for me would be when Shawn did the "suck it" to Vince during their match at WrestleMania 22, obviously it was hinting to something bigger, but at the time itd been ages since we'd seen that gesture. Awesome.

• Paid Members
Drew McIntyre in the Elimination Chamber, he was absolutely intense. Headbutting the glass etc.

That was excellent. Given when he walked out I though "ohh theres drew, oh hum" and then before the end I was really hyped for him to fuck some one up. He made me really care about him in the match.

• Paid Members
Drew McIntyre in the Elimination Chamber, he was absolutely intense. Headbutting the glass etc.

That was excellent. Given when he walked out I though "ohh theres drew, oh hum" and then before the end I was really hyped for him to fuck some one up. He made me really care about him in the match.

Yeah, there have been a handful of moments where Drew has struck me as having good potential as a psycho heel. Great aggression in the chamber, he was star of that match for me.

• Paid Members

This probably doesn't belong here, maybe better in that 'Topics not worthy of a thread' thread but, i'm chucking it in here as it was a hidden gem in my eyes. Sometime in 1998, just as Undertaker was becoming intertwined into the Austin-McMahon saga, there was a Raw which ended with Steve chucking Undertaker a cold one. Undertaker proceeds to perform the sweetest catch of all the times. Seriously, he didn't move an inch, his expression didn't change, just cat-like reactions with his arm firing out and clutching the can.

What made it better still was when Vince encountered him the following week he referenced Steves gesture, stopping to say 'nice catch by the way'. But i've never seen anyone talk about in on forums or anything since. It was magic and made Undertaker look like such a badass.

The kid who became possessed by the Ultimate Warrior when The Miz won the WWE Title. Unfortunately he was totally overshadowed by 'The Miz girl'.

Another gem from that night was a little kid who looked very upset at Miz's win, until he noticed the camera and suddenly looked into it with a massive smile as if it were christmas morning. Completely shit all over any atmosphere they were trying to create, but absolutely hilarious at the same time.

Can't recall as much as I would like now but one thing that always stood out and made me smile was the lads who took up the whole front row at the 99 Rumble in Anaheim and had an absoloute ball to Gangrel's theme tune.

There was a PPV in the early 2000s (that's as specific as I can be - I'd love to see it again but I really have no idea which event it was) and during Booker T's entrance four people held up a sign in the crowd. They each had one letter of the word "fuck", and they held it up slowly then after just a couple of seconds they chickened out and got rid of it. Something I'll always remember!

The Rock's tremendous one-handed catch of the Boss Man's nightstick at Survivor Series 1998 is always awesome.

Sgt Slaughter's ridiculous elimination at Royal Rumble 1992

The brief staredown (or at least it was edited that way) between Wade Barrett and Diesel at this year's Rumble - a nod to Nash's Twitter exchanges

Vince McMahon on commentary praising Stone Cold's crowd reaction at Wrestlemania 13; a second later, crowd noise is piped in abruptly. Brilliant.

Archived