UFC on Versus 3: Sanchez vs. Kampmann * Pre-Post Show Discussion *

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

versus3-poster.jpg

Main Bouts (On Versus):

-Martin Kampmann (17-4) vs. Diego Sanchez (22-4)

-C.B. Dollaway (11-2) vs. Mark Munoz (9-2)

-Alessio Sakara (15-7) vs. Chris Weidman (4-0)

-Brian Bowles (8-1) vs. Damacio Page (15-5)

Preliminary Bouts (Non-Televised):

-Joe Stevenson (31-12) vs. Danny Castillo (10-3)

-Steve Cantwell (7-3) vs. Cyril Diabate (16-7-1)

-Shane Roller (9-3) vs. Thiago Tavares (15-3-1)

-Erik Koch (11-1) vs. TBA

-Rob Kimmons (23-6) vs. Dongi Yang (9-1)

-Rousimar Palhares (11-3) vs. Dave Branch (8-1)

-Todd Brown (15-2) vs. Igor Pokrajac (22-8)

-Takeya Mizugaki (13-5-2) vs. Reuben Duran (7-2-1)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't realise that Chris Weidman had signed with the UFC. He fights out of Matt Serra's camp and was on a lot of people's 'ones to watch for 2011'. The UFC obviously are expecting big things of him to put him on the main card in his debut, and at just 4-0.

The prelims are again ridiculously loaded and could quite easily comprise a Fight Night card. Eric Koch was originally scheduled to face Cub Swanson until he pulled out.

*Edit* Just read that Weidman was in fact a late replacement for Rafael Natal who in turn was a replacement for Maiquel Falcao. Appears that this is another card which has been riddled with pullouts, injuries and fight changes.

• Paid Members

This looks good. Really looking forward to Sanchez vs Kampmann. Dunno who to pick in that fight, and Sanchez has been pretty inconsistent lately. He looks great one fight, shit the next. I'm not sure but I fancy Kampmann to win a decision. I think he can hang with Diego on the ground and he's the better striker imo.

The rest of the main card fights should deliver. Bowles/Page could be great and Sakara vs Weidman too.

The prelims look excellent. One of the fights on this card I'm most interested in on the whole card is Tavares vs Roller. Hope we get to see it. Stevenson/Castillo and Cantwell/Diabate should be action packed aswell.

• Paid Members

this fight card has sneaked up on us behind UFC 127, i actually forgot it was even happening until this morning :)

the prelims are ridiculous, you could pretty much make a WEC PPV quailty main card out of the fights spread over this show. Gonna be a good one.

Glad Munoz has been drafted in to face CB Dollaway as its a terrible match up for Dollaway who I dislike, Munoz should use his brutal GnP to pound him out late in the fight after outwrestling him throughout

Kampman is a good pick against Sanchez, I like Diego but he struggled at time with Paulo Thigo grappling where Kampman outstrook Thigo and outgrappled him with relative ease, I see Kampman using his size to grind out a shut out on the cards

• Paid Members

Stevenson's basically gone back to the drawing board, he's one of those guys who goes on a bit of a run then gets knocked back hard :( it's a shame cause Joe's always in decent fights but the Danzig KO was a massive setback. I think he'll take care of Castillo though.

as for my predictions:

Kampmann/Sanchez - hmmmmn, if Diego comes in like he did against Thiago i think he could put a hurting on Kampmann because i don't think many people can cope well under that kind of pressure. Kampmann has stated that he's looking for the KO but i see Diego driving through him, taking him down and beating Kampmann up on the ground. It's a high level bout and the winner is going to elevate himself high at 170, but i'm taking Diego by decision.

Dolloway/Munoz - Two high-level wrestlers...but each guy has a significant advantage in other areas, if it stays standing i fancy Munoz landing a bomb, but if it goes to the ground Dolloway is slick. Dolloway seems to be getting overlooked here but he's on abit of a run and for me is a bit of a sleeper at 185...i'm taking Dolloway by upset submission late in the fight.

Sakara/Weidman - i'll call this one blind cause ive never seen Wiedman fight but apparently he's the real deal...Sakara is wildly inconsistent and i think it's about time he stumbled so i'm picking Wiedman to come in and make a bit of a name for himself. I'll always have a soft spot for the Serra-Longo guys though. Wiedman TKO round 2.

Bowles/Page - not sure why they are doing this rematch as Bowles comprehensively won the first one, but Bowles is coming off a huge layoff so there's no saying what kind of condition he's coming in. No secret of what Damacio Page wants to do, destroy...if Bowles is anything other than 100% i don't fancy his chances here because Page is gonna be looking to take his head off. It all depends on Bowles for me, but im picking Page for another upset TKO round 1.

• Paid Members

Main card:

Diego Sanchez (171) vs. Martin Kampmann (171)

C.B. Dollaway (185) vs. Mark Munoz (186)

Alessio Sakara (186) vs. Chris Weidman (186)

Brian Bowles (135) vs. Damacio Page (136)

On Facebook:

Joe Stevenson (155) vs. Danny Castillo (155)

Steve Cantwell (206) vs. Cyrille Diabate (205)

Preliminary card:

Thiago Tavares (156) vs. Shane Roller (156)

Takeya Mizugaki (136) vs. Reuben Duran (136)

Rob Kimmons (185) and Dongi Yang (186)

Rousimar Palhares (186) vs. Dave Branch (186)

Igor Pokrajac (204) vs. Todd Brown (205)

• Paid Members

Yeah we're getting spoilt rotten lately.

I'm going with Kampmann to win on points in the main event. If Sanchez is on tonight we could be in for a classic because he can be awesome when he's up for it. They've both got good BJJ, Kampmann is the better striker IMO but Diego is the better wrestler. I've just got a feeling Kampmann will edge it out in a close fight.

It's a tough one to predict though cos both of them have looked off in certain fights in the past and great in others. If they're both at their best tonight it should be a belter.

Archived