UFC on Versus 3: Sanchez vs. Kampmann * Pre-Post Show Discussion *

Egg Shen

I don't get the controversy to the main event. I had it 29-28 Sanchez as well, Kampmann clearly took the 1st by messing Diego's face and stopping takedowns, 2nd was close but went to Sanchez for rocking Kampmann with the flurries against the cage. 3rd went to Sanchez for continuing the offense in those flurries, pushing forward and of course the takedown that counts for way more than it should in MMA, but nonetheless. It didn't seem like a robbery at all, and I rolled my eyes when Kampmann said he had all 3 rounds. I know Diego was messed up but 75% of that damage was inflicted in the first round, after that Kampmann mostly scored sporadically with jabs and the couple of decent hard knees.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Finally, how fucking jacked was that little ref? Bloody hell was he massive.

Haha yeah forgot about him. When he came on the screen I honestly thought he was Sgt Buddly Lee Parker of early 90s WCW jobber fame (or lack of). He looked ridiculous, about 4 foot tall and 4 foot fuckin wide :laugh:

I don't get the controversy to the main event. I had it 29-28 Sanchez as well, Kampmann clearly took the 1st by messing Diego's face and stopping takedowns, 2nd was close but went to Sanchez for rocking Kampmann with the flurries against the cage. 3rd went to Sanchez for continuing the offense in those flurries, pushing forward and of course the takedown that counts for way more than it should in MMA, but nonetheless. It didn't seem like a robbery at all, and I rolled my eyes when Kampmann said he had all 3 rounds. I know Diego was messed up but 75% of that damage was inflicted in the first round, after that Kampmann mostly scored sporadically with jabs and the couple of decent hard knees.

Watching it live I thought Kampmann just edged round 2. I watched it again since and thought Sanchez won. I might change my mind next time I see it :D it's one of them fights. Really couldn't complain whoever got the nod in a fight that close and it certainly wasn't a robbery.

I totally agree with your eye rolling at Kampmann saying he won all 3 rounds, I didn't see that at all. He deffo won the first but he left rounds 2 and 3 way too close to complain about them.

He lost a close fight on points, unlucky but he can't really moan too much cos he got the nod against Condit in a close fight that I still think Condit won so it's all got a way of evening out.

• Paid Members
The Bowles/Page fight was crazy, everything the same as their first fight - same finish (guillotine), same round (1st) & exactly the same time (3mins 30secs).

Just unreal.

What the fuck. Same finish and round fair enough but same time to the second..that's just spooky

Archived