*Spoilers* TNA Impact Photos from Fayetteville

TNAer

That size arena looks perfect for them. The screens looked the business as well. As for Sting, fair play to him. I don't like him and think it's shit that he walked right back in and got the title, but hey it's the wrestling business were he who makes the most for the least is king. I'm sure Sting doesn't give a fuck about who's spot he's taking - nor should he.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As alluded to previously, TNA should surely tour with Impact now. Maybe even hold a TV taping when they are next in Britain?

I can't emphasise enough how small time the Impact zone makes them, compared to an arena of paying fans. Sting's return would have been killed dead in the water by that Impact Zone crowd just screaming at everything, compared to a proper pop.

The next two things that I think they are going to need to do to grow is tape maybe four nights in a row in arenas the size of this Impact was. I would say tape two nights in a row and two Impacts each time, but they have to tape Xplosion and do the dark matches as well, and the crowds will be exhausted. Then they should cut down to 3 or 4 PPVs a year, and the months they are not doing a PPV, do a live Saturday Night supercard on Spike TV like what UFC do.

Good idea above, or even if they did xplosion from the impact zone perhaps? Surely they are in a contract with universal as they are in the same category as rides and such in the park?

Impact in similiar arenas would be great but their house show attendance in usa isn't very strong is it? I believe this show was in carolina with had the massive draw locally of the hardyz, how do they fair up in other states tho? And part of tna's attraction to their roster is the limited dates and one llocation so if they changed that either more money would need to be paid or better contracts? TNA should try and do a lot more house shows as at the end of the day touring is where the money is and with the tapings being in a studio where you get in for free that's lots of money they could be making potentially

I agree but from a business standpoint, a touring wrestling show is a tougher prospect than a static one. I'm sure it would add a new cost to production - not that they can't afford it but are they established enough to take the risk? This show was hyped and still they only managed 3000. Would they play it safe at hit the same towns and venues that WWE regularly draw in? Would they fill them? I seriously doubt it. I think what they are trying to do is very slowly establish modest buildings in well known wrestling towns, do a few a year and just gradually build from there.

Impact in similiar arenas would be great but their house show attendance in usa isn't very strong is it? I believe this show was in carolina with had the massive draw locally of the hardyz, how do they fair up in other states tho? And part of tna's attraction to their roster is the limited dates and one llocation so if they changed that either more money would need to be paid or better contracts? TNA should try and do a lot more house shows as at the end of the day touring is where the money is and with the tapings being in a studio where you get in for free that's lots of money they could be making potentially

Actually, TNA are running house shows quite regularly these days. They had 9 house shows this month and 12 scheduled for next month. Throw in the iMPACT tapings and the PPV and you're looking at a very solid schedule. Obviously, it's not a WWE schedule of 20-25 shows per month but it's still pretty good. Usually, they use about 15-20 people (out of a 50-person roster) on those house shows and they rotate the wrestlers on the loops so nobody, except Jarrett, works all the house shows. Thus a lot of people get the opportunity to work on the house shows but nobody is overworked.

Lately, most of the house shows have been ranging from 1000 to 2000 people but they also do great merchandise numbers at those shows and that helps them break even on the house shows. Running a TV taping though is a whole new ball game and is a lot more expensive which is why I'm not sure if 3500 people (plus, whatever merch they sale) is enough for them to not lose money on these on the road iMPACT tapings. Hopefully they can pull it off because the show not being taped in the iMPACT Zone really gives it a whole new vibe and makes it look much better.

They've also been establishing which towns and cities they CAN draw a decent crowd in, so that if they were to take Impact on the road they'd target those venues.

It is a huge risk, but I have no doubt that the larger crowds and varied responses would both help them to improve their ratings and improve their booking. Let's hope this one was a financial success.

Just got done watching the 3rd of March episode of Impact from Fayetteville and I've got to say that it was really really good. The stage setup was excellent and the audience was rabid for the whole thing, they did a lot of panning shots over the audience and for the first time ever TNA actually looked like a real promotion. I sincerely hope that TNA do a lot more shows in proper arenas because it makes the product look a million times better.

The show itself was a great mix of entertainment and wrestling and while it wasn't as good as it perhaps could have been the audience were totally into it, and not in the smarmy "let's get ourselves over" way they are in Orlando.

Archived