*Spoilers* TNA Impact Photos from Fayetteville

TNAer

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WWE hasnt had a big title swith THIS YEAR

Maybe you've made the same mistake I did yesterday and assumed the whole thing was a piss-take, but the Smackdown title actually changed hands from Edge to Dolph Ziggler and back last week in the space of a show for the sake of a stupid angle.

and two of the title matches on Wrestlemania involve new and upcoming talent in the Miz and Del Rio. Also Stone Cold is gonna try to get new guys over on TE. The Rock returns and makes the promo instantly about Cena (still the younger star). Hopefully the Cole\Lawler feud will clear up some room for new, young announcers. Two groups of young new guys on DIFFERENT shows actually doing stuff groups are suppose to do.

I know what company made better decisions over the past year in regards to the future of the company.

WWE (or RAW, at least) is probably the most entertaining it's been in several years at the moment, but let's put the rose-tinted glasses away with regards to the 'building new stars' stuff. The reason all the hype for Wrestlemania is surrounding The Rock, Triple H and Undertaker is because it was gearing up to be the biggest flop in about 15 years with only the current/new generation to sell it. Make no mistake about it, if they had to do the show without those three alone, Wrestlemania would be in the shitter. The past few months have been well-done, but over the past year the ADHD booking and 'random push' policy has been as haphazard as anything in TNA - look at the way they've gone from making the likes of Barrett, Nexus, Swagger and Sheamus look like the future of the business to looking like boring midcard jobbers in a matter of months. If the WWE had done such a good job of making new stars recently, you have to wonder why so many of their fans got excited about the possibility of Sting coming in in the first place - after all, they could've just relied on all these new stars they've made and gone with the 'match for the ages' between Taker and Wade Barrett.

If Hulk Hogan now owns 100% of TNA why would he allow Sting to get a title shot in the first place?

They have been pushing "the network" as making decisions for ratings and Bischoff has said that they are the ones paying for the product, so they can do what they like and that's why RVD got a title shot last week.

I find I always agree with what Magnum says, I think WWE and TNA are both shit in there own ways.

WWE have been better this year, but thats pretty much down to 3 men, one of which made WWE's current product look totally out touch, even Cena had to go old school.

What does that say about the future of wrestling, good for Sting, milk those dumb fucks if you ask me, he might not ever wrestle in WWE, but you know he can always cut a big deal for his DVD sets.

Still funny that in 2011 the biggest names in wrestling are still Nash, Booker, The Rock, TripleH, Undertaker and Sting.

WWE hasnt had a big title swith THIS YEAR

Maybe you've made the same mistake I did yesterday and assumed the whole thing was a piss-take, but the Smackdown title actually changed hands from Edge to Dolph Ziggler and back last week in the space of a show for the sake of a stupid angle.

and two of the title matches on Wrestlemania involve new and upcoming talent in the Miz and Del Rio. Also Stone Cold is gonna try to get new guys over on TE. The Rock returns and makes the promo instantly about Cena (still the younger star). Hopefully the Cole\Lawler feud will clear up some room for new, young announcers. Two groups of young new guys on DIFFERENT shows actually doing stuff groups are suppose to do.

I know what company made better decisions over the past year in regards to the future of the company.

WWE (or RAW, at least) is probably the most entertaining it's been in several years at the moment, but let's put the rose-tinted glasses away with regards to the 'building new stars' stuff. The reason all the hype for Wrestlemania is surrounding The Rock, Triple H and Undertaker is because it was gearing up to be the biggest flop in about 15 years with only the current/new generation to sell it. Make no mistake about it, if they had to do the show without those three alone, Wrestlemania would be in the shitter. The past few months have been well-done, but over the past year the ADHD booking and 'random push' policy has been as haphazard as anything in TNA - look at the way they've gone from making the likes of Barrett, Nexus, Swagger and Sheamus look like the future of the business to looking like boring midcard jobbers in a matter of months. If the WWE had done such a good job of making new stars recently, you have to wonder why so many of their fans got excited about the possibility of Sting coming in in the first place - after all, they could've just relied on all these new stars they've made and gone with the 'match for the ages' between Taker and Wade Barrett.

Wade Barret has been handeld pretty damn well I think. The feud with Cena made him and now he has his 'own' group on Smackdown. Not every heel Cena faces can be the next Ric Flair. Barret now is more known then when he won NXT and basiclly has lost that stigma already. You can put the guy in a match on Wrestlmania with say the Big Show and people will know who he is and what he is all about. Remember Punk? Wade can come back on RAW in a year and be just as succesful as Punk and Punks group even went down in flames.

They even succeeded with alex reilly. From highschool bully on NXT to the apprentice of the WWE Champ and doing a pretty good job so far. Dont dismiss talent just because after Cena is done with them they go to a different show and feud with different people. Barret NEVER won the championship... it makes sense that he would be on the midcard now and forming a new group since that is what he's comfortable with

Thats in the space of less then a year. Now look at what TNA are doing/have done with Pope, Herandez, Beer Money, AJ.

I agree on the HHH/Sheamus thing and Taker/Barret. They did HHH vs Sheamus a year to early and i would have loved to see Barret vs Taker

Wade Barret has been handeld pretty damn well I think. The feud with Cena made him and now he has his 'own' group on Smackdown. Not every heel Cena faces can be the next Ric Flair. Barret now is more known then when he won NXT and basiclly has lost that stigma already. You can put the guy in a match on Wrestlmania with say the Big Show and people will know who he is and what he is all about. Remember Punk? Wade can come back on RAW in a year and be just as succesful as Punk and Punks group even went down in flames.

They even succeeded with alex reilly. From highschool bully on NXT to the apprentice of the WWE Champ and doing a pretty good job so far. Dont dismiss talent just because after Cena is done with them they go to a different show and feud with different people. Barret NEVER won the championship... it makes sense that he would be on the midcard now and forming a new group since that is what he's comfortable with

Thats in the space of less then a year. Now look at what TNA are doing/have done with Pope, Herandez, Beer Money, AJ.

I agree on the HHH/Sheamus thing and Taker/Barret. They did HHH vs Sheamus a year to early and i would have loved to see Barret vs Taker

As regards Barrett, it's not specifically him being comprehensively beaten by Cena that I object to - it's that he's been comprehensively beaten every time he's come up against anyone who's perceived as being on or near to the top level, whether it be Cena, Orton or The Big Show. There's only so many times that can happen to an already pushed wrestler before fans lose faith in him as a potential star.

Yes, he's recognisable enough to have a midcard Wrestlemania match now, but creating new midcard attractions has never been WWE's problem. My problem is specifically with their inability to create new stars - the type good enough to sell a Wrestlemania main event on their own merits - and in my view the tactics they use when pushing younger wrestlers these days are counterproductive to that long-term goal. In the case of someone like Sheamus, it seems like they decide to throw him a bone to 'rebuild' him every few months, whether it be winning the title, putting HHH out of action or winning the KOTR. When they lose interest a month or so later, they job him out and de-push him again. Every time they do this, they diminish the chances of fans ever really taking him seriously as a main eventer a little bit more. I never particularly liked Jack Swagger, but last year's random hotshotted world title push when he was neither ready nor over did more harm than good to his chances of ever becoming a draw with the WWE. Similarly with Barrett, he's only about 6 months into his WWE career, but you get the feeling he'll never be as over as he was in the first few months of it now he's lost a bit of his mystique.

Someone said this the other day, but there's a lot to be said about letting someone quietly get over in the midcard over a couple of years, giving them storylines and allowing them to build up a following while at the same time keeping them for the most part away from the main eventers and protecting them from a booking standpoint. Their one and only success with this is Miz, and it's no coincidence he's going into Wrestlemania a lot more over than the likes of Sheamus, Swagger and Barrett, who've been up and down the card like the proverbial tart's knickers.

STING returns and wins the TNA title...people moan , is this the Sting who got press coverage in "normal " media outlets when everyone thought he signed for WWE,diehard WWE fans thought he would sign with WWE.

The end of Impact was a fuck you to WWE, who made a big deal themselves with who is coming to WWE or returning (whatever ) and YAWN its Undertaker...to make matters worse he is fighting HHH who i loathe then if true they will add HBK.

Also AJ cant carry TNA as a champ but he can make a good challenger..funny enough like Sting was in the NWA/WCW days..the only difference is TNA has no "Ric Flair" to have credible foil for AJ ( or whoever will be champ ), because they cant decide who will be hell long enough to get MAJOR heat.

Here's a short video (28sec) of a fan in the arena, showing when Stings music hits

. :thumbsup:

It looks packed as hell, does anyone have any numbers on what they did for the tapings? I hope TNA, can get out on the road more as even in this short 28 second vid, it seems a breath of fresh air, so sick of seeing the Impact Zone at Universal Studios.

Archived