*Spoilers* TNA Impact Photos from Fayetteville

TNAer

• Paid Members

That sounds all well and good, but TNA talking about WWE (when everyone knows who WWE is and most watch it anyway because they are on different nights) is less risky than WWF talking about a show which is on the other side at the very moment they are promoting them. Promoting Hulk Hogan in 1996 and 1997 was ridiculous, considering he was still the biggest draw in the business. WWF were stupid to even tell people Hogan and Savage were on the other channel, because they didn't have anyone on their show even close to being bigger stars. If TNA mention WWE people will say "oh, I'll watch that on Monday". If WWF mention WCW, what they'd have done in 1996 was say "Randy Savage is on WCW! Fuck Ahmed Johnson, I'm switching this shit off".

TNA are a diseased horse waiting to be put out of their misery.

Dixie Carter is more like a pregnant 19 year old. Doesn't really matter if some spenk wants her baby to die, it doesn't mean its going to. Its just wishful thinking of their part.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Dixie Carter is more like a pregnant 19 year old. Doesn't really matter if some spenk wants her baby to die, it doesn't mean its going to. Its just wishful thinking of their part.

Bang on, I also get the impression that many Wrestling fans actually want TNA to fail, which makes no sense to me whatsoeverl

• Paid Members
That sounds all well and good, but TNA talking about WWE (when everyone knows who WWE is and most watch it anyway because they are on different nights) is less risky than WWF talking about a show which is on the other side at the very moment they are promoting them. Promoting Hulk Hogan in 1996 and 1997 was ridiculous, considering he was still the biggest draw in the business. WWF were stupid to even tell people Hogan and Savage were on the other channel, because they didn't have anyone on their show even close to being bigger stars.

2vkgqck.jpg

Bang on, I also get the impression that many Wrestling fans actually want TNA to fail, which makes no sense to me whatsoeverl

It comes up all the time and sometimes goes hand in hand with the Mystic Meg like predictions of "TNA will go bust in the year 20**".

Yet they are a growing company love them or hate them.

• Paid Members
what I want to know is why Jeff Hardy, a member of immortal had to defend his title against a mystery opponent when hogan the leader of immortal is the owner of TNA..... ???

Because for weeks now the “Network” is controlling thing from under the owners noses. Hogan now has full power, but there the television station is keep telling Bischoff they want certain things. The whole deal is Bischoff and Hogan are the power in TNA, but Spike has them by the balls on certain areas. So I assume The Network are responsible for Sting winning the title. Which is ironic considering in real life The Network are the one’s who want TNA to keep resigning him. I imagine TNA will bring in a bloke representing TNA now Dixie Carter is off TV for good (hopefully) and he/she will feud with Hogan and Bischoff.

03.jpg

• Paid Members
Yeah, its a totally unoriginal idea. It might have ripped off the name from ECW's Network, but its more of a rip off of the Mystery GM if you think about it. A mystery power figure fucking about with everyones plans. Sounds familiar?

To be fair its been done loads of times in many different forms, loads of gimmicks get recycled but they need to be updated and performed well for them to work TNA just seem really lazy with stuff like this. WWE have added the laptop with random E-mails and a obnoxious commentator to read them out, which gets loads of heat. How do TNA announce what the "Network" want?

I get the impression that Dixie (or whoever came up with the idea) genuinely thinks that fans who were pissed off that the Undertaker videos weren't for Sting will now turn into TNA to see the man himself.

What are you banging on about? TNA has resigned Sting ever year since 2005. Its not a new thing. They like him. He left TNA in the storylines last October with a big opening for his return and a storyline set in stone for whenever he does come back. And what better time for him to return than the night they have a packed arena and a showed hyped due to celebrity involvement from Basketball players to Jersey Shore stars to the return of Hulk Hogan (the man who he walked out because of). Its a packed show. Sting was ALWAYS going to return on this night. Always.

I didn't once doubt that he would resign with TNA, what I'm banging on about is that the 3.3.whatever video seems like a massive "HAHA YOU COULDN'T GET HIM, NOW WE HAVE HIM!". What I was trying to highlight in the original post was that there is nothing unique or interesting about TNA resigning Sting, it was completely expected. The Undertaker videos were never intended to be Sting, so why should TNA suddenly make them about Sting as if it's a massive "fuck you" to WWE? Why didn't they do a series of SAVE_US.123 videos for RVD or someone? It's practically the same thing.

Anyway, who did he over stay his welcome with? Sting and Kurt Angle are the only people to ever make a difference to TNA's buyrates or ratings. Sting is arguably their biggest star ever, because TNA's ratings weren't even in the 1.0's when he turned up. And TNA's buyrates were never consistantly bigger than when Sting was champion. To the average person on here who doesn't watch TNA or doesnt like it, fair enough. But to that 1.1 - 1.3 who tune into TNA every week, they are far more inclined to buy a PPV with Sting in the main event. Its been proven for a good 6 years.

I'm not saying Sting wasn't a good signint in the first place, it was massive. Did it make much of a difference to ratings? Not really. Before he debuted the average rating was 0.7 to 0.9, and for months after he debuted there were more 0.8's than there were 1.1's. I'm not saying he didn't make a difference, but it was hardly a significant difference. For the past few years the ratings have hardly budged, and they haven't decreased in the months he has off, so I really can't see how he's making a difference to the ratings.

Over stayed his welcome may have been more of a personal thing, but I can guarantee that there are loads of people sick of Sting coming in when he wants, putting on mediocre performances in his t-shirt and then being handed the title. I'm a Sting fan, but after the second or third Bound for Glory title win it just felt completely flat.

• Paid Members
The Undertaker videos were never intended to be Sting, so why should TNA suddenly make them about Sting as if it's a massive "fuck you" to WWE? Why didn't they do a series of SAVE_US.123 videos for RVD or someone? It's practically the same thing.

Except its nowhere near the same in a million years, and I'm surprised you would even make that comparison with a serious tone. A newspaper reported Sting had signed for WWE and thick fans thought it was Sting was still debuting last Monday. TNA are playing to clowns like that. Not WWE itself. There is a market for divy fans and obviously TNA has the market covered. You were implying that Sting was signed on this basis, which he wasnt. He was in talks since last December.

I'm not saying Sting wasn't a good signint in the first place, it was massive. Did it make much of a difference to ratings? Not really. Before he debuted the average rating was 0.7 to 0.9, and for months after he debuted there were more 0.8's than there were 1.1's. I'm not saying he didn't make a difference, but it was hardly a significant difference. For the past few years the ratings have hardly budged, and they haven't decreased in the months he has off, so I really can't see how he's making a difference to the ratings.

Never said he was making a difference to their ratings. I said the current TNA fanbase has been proved to buy a PPV if he's in the main event than without him in it. The buyrates when he was the champion were consistently higher than at any time in their history.

Over stayed his welcome may have been more of a personal thing, but I can guarantee that there are loads of people sick of Sting coming in when he wants, putting on mediocre performances in his t-shirt and then being handed the title. I'm a Sting fan, but after the second or third Bound for Glory title win it just felt completely flat.

Nobody wants to see Sting 12 months a year every week. He's a special attraction act. He comes in to 'pop the territory, brother' and then leaves to stay fresh in the memory. He was only wearing a t-shirt last year because he had a torn rotator cuff. Cant blame him for that.

Yep, agree. I love how TNA re-signing Sting and putting the belt on him points to a reliance on 'short-term fixes' and 'papering over the cracks'. Yet when WWE realise nobody on earth is buying The Miz, Alberto Del Rio and Edge as legitimate Wrestlemania headliners and start to build all the hype for the biggest show of the year around The Rock, The Undertaker and Triple H, that's somehow different.

Someone hit the nail on the head a few pages earlier. A lot of TNA's booking decisions frustrate me - the Fourtune face turn was needless, but their title hotshotting has a way to go to catch up with the WWE's treatment of its big belts over the last few years - but if you accept them as a fun, sometimes chaotic alternative to the often safe, formulaic WWE, Impact is actually a consistently enjoyable watch.

The Undertaker videos were never intended to be Sting, so why should TNA suddenly make them about Sting as if it's a massive "fuck you" to WWE? Why didn't they do a series of SAVE_US.123 videos for RVD or someone? It's practically the same thing.

Except its nowhere near the same in a million years, and I'm surprised you would even make that comparison with a serious tone. A newspaper reported Sting had signed for WWE and thick fans thought it was Sting was still debuting last Monday. TNA are playing to clowns like that. Not WWE itself. There is a market for divy fans and obviously TNA has the market covered. You were implying that Sting was signed on this basis, which he wasnt. He was in talks since last December.

I never meant to imply he was signed on that basis, I was saying that TNA seem to think his return is a massive deal just because some people thought the Taker videos were for Sting. If it were WWE it would be massive, but there's just nothing ground breaking about Sting being in TNA. It's as if Dixie is saying to Vince, "Fuck you, we have him!", but so what? She's had him since 2005. WWE weren't even talking to him. As you said, it was only some divy fans that thought he was off to WWE.

Never said he was making a difference to their ratings. I said the current TNA fanbase has been proved to buy a PPV if he's in the main event than without him in it. The buyrates when he was the champion were consistently higher than at any time in their history.

Sting and Kurt Angle are the only people to ever make a difference to TNA's buyrates or ratings

Archived