*Spoilers* TNA Impact Photos from Fayetteville

TNAer

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dixie Carter came out and was interrupted by Immortal. Eric Bischoff got some mic time. He handed the mic over to Ric Flair, who brought out Hulk Hogan. Hogan said he won the court case and now has 100 percent control of the company. Fortune ran out, but security stepped in. It was pretty weak.

1. Beer Money defeated Gunner and Murphy to retain the TNA Tag Titles. James Storm and Robert Roode won clean. Ink Inc. came out afterward and challenged them to a match for the Victory Road pay-per-view.

2. Velvet Sky defeated Sarita. Velvet won clean with a DDT. Robbie E, Cookie, and Angelina came out. Robbie E fell unintentionally while coming to the ring.

The Jeff and Karen Jarrett wedding ceremony started. Eric Young and Orlando Jordan are involved the wedding. Kurt Angle attacked Jeff Jarrett immediately. Karen Angle was supposed to go into the cake, but it appeared she messed up her spot. It was a very short segment. They are teasing that the wedding will still take place later in the show. Young was the ring bearer and wore a tuxedo t-shirt, and Orlando was the flower girl.

3. Scott Steiner beat Rob Terry. Steiner won the match with the Steiner Recliner.

4. Matt Morgan defeated Hernandez by disqualification.

The main event of the first taping is Jeff Hardy vs. a mystery opponent for the TNA Title.

They aired a 3-3-11 video. Yes, really.

5. Sting defeated Jeff Hardy to win the TNA Title. Sting wore a new outfit with red sequins and had an old school look. Sting hit the Scorpion Death Drop and scored the clean pin.

-----------------------

They should have really held off Sting-Hardy until a PPV but I guess they see ratings as a bigger deal than their shit buyrates and if that's the case they should drop half the Pay Per Views and maybe do a double iMPACT taping outside Florida instead.

• Paid Members

Phwoarrr, they showed Vince didn't they. It's so obvious that if there wasn't any of the "it might be Sting" stuff from the Undertaker package that Sting would be nowhere near the title at all. This is obviously trying to get one up in a "You couldn't sign him so we've got him and made him champ for no reason" way.

Guess that means the MASSIVE SURPRISE for the end of tonight's is that 3-3-11 package. TNA doesn't have a clue.

• Paid Members
This is obviously trying to get one up in a "You couldn't sign him so we've got him and made him champ for no reason" way.

How do you work that out? There's been no talks between Sting and WWE, and Sting's been talking to them since he's contract ran out in December. Sting was ALWAYS going to resign with them. Sting ALWAYS resigns with them. Not TNA's fault that people thought Shawn Michaels chin was Sting's or what ever the fuck that rumour was about. Your reading to much into it. Sting's always been TNA's golden boy, so its no surprise on the night they are out of the Impact Zone they try make a big deal out of it. And, if the internet fans are daft enough to believe Shawn Michaels suddenly grew massive pec mucles and long black hair, they'd probably believe Sting chose TNA over WWE.

• Paid Members

And you really think if there was none of this hype for him signing with WWE (regardless of it being true or not) that they'd bring him back and put him clean over the world champ?. This was an obvious attempt at getting everyone who wanted to see him in WWE to tune in, but they don't realise it's Sting in WWE people wanted, not just Sting back in TNA. I doubt the ratings will change at all next week.

• Paid Members
And you really think if there was none of this hype for him signing with WWE (regardless of it being true or not) that they'd bring him back and put him clean over the world champ?. This was an obvious attempt at getting everyone who wanted to see him in WWE to tune in, but they don't realise it's Sting in WWE people wanted, not just Sting back in TNA. I doubt the ratings will change at all next week.

Well they haven't advertised Sting as appearing next week, so how do you work out they are trying to attract viewers who want to see Sting wrestle based off the hype some nutters gave it when they thought he was the Undertaker? Judging by the spoilers, Sting just turns up and beats the champion. He isnt advertised to the fans at the box office or to the TV audience. The reason he won the belt was probably to mark the fact they aren't in the Impact Zone and because they have been hyping this episode as a big deal for months. And Sting walked out on TNA when Immortal got in power, so its only right he returns on the night Hogan "wins his court case" and gains some form of power against the group he walked out on.

• Paid Members

Well they show a 3-3-11 promo next week, and unless TNA are totally dumb and are just showing packages for events happening not even an hour later without any notice, i'm willing to bet it'll be the same promo that we get as our MASSIVE INDUSTRY CHANGING SURPRISE tonight.

• Moderators

Not necessarily Funker. 'Tis the season when the older fans get back into WWE for the End of the Wrestling Season. And they're fully aware who Sting is, and I'd wager a shitload have never watched TNA in their lives.

i read a while back on teh intarnat, that sting has to have people he work with to carry him through a match, because he sometimes fails to remember what spots he's meant to do. relapse in memory.

gonna try and find it

• Paid Members

Sting's awesome. What I like about him is, how he couldn't give a fuck. He makes more on real estate than the Hall of Fame pays and those DVD's pay. He's not a mark for himself, WWE or wrestling in general. He's in control of his career and has been for about 15 years. No wonder nobody has a bad word against him. He's a top bloke.

i read a while back on teh intarnat, that sting has to have people he work with to carry him through a match, because he sometimes fails to remember what spots he's meant to do. relapse in memory.

Thats bullshit. He doesnt do anything he doesn't want to. The thing your refering to was a case where Samoa Joe went for that Suplex finisher thing he does, and Sting just went "fuck it" and decided to take a tap out loss instead. Sting doesn't go in the ring with 50 spots in his head and work through them one by one like everyone else. The likes of Sting just sell, take some offense and then he beats you with the Scorpian. He's got a formular to his matches.

• Paid Members

gonna try and find it

I read the same thing. Something like he prefers TNA because people there are used to carrying him and know how to help him in the ring.

gonna try and find it

I read the same thing. Something like he prefers TNA because people there are used to carrying him and know how to help him in the ring.

aye that's the one m8

Archived