extreme warfare revenge

wwffan2

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started playing a scenario last night, I think it was 1995 as WCW and I built up the company in a few months and ended up getting ratings about 7.0, becoming global and pretty much on the road to destroying WWF then all of a sudden after about a year everything started falling rapidly and I was struggling to think of what to do, turned the risk up a bit and lost sponsors and TV deals and ended up destroying the company. I started playing at 10pm and realised it was 6am when the game was over, I've been shattered today.

Must agree though I much prefer EWR to TEW, TEW is just overly complicated to me. WHen I first played it I loved it but then you realise how better the simplicity of EWR is as you get a lot more done in a shorter period of time.

Word of advice if you are starting a new game in WWE/F and want to build up to Wrestlemania, set the computers clock back a couple of months otherwise you'll be starting in March with no fueds and no time to set them up.

You can return the PC's time and date back to normal once it's loaded up.

Really into my WCW 2001 game right now - for some unknown reason Big Vito of all people is aprroaching main event status with just midcard tag wins - love it.

Lol, i'm playing the same scenario and Big Vito and Johnny the Bull are my Tag Team Champions now, they are apparently ridiculously over....odd.

Cobra1000 Posted Today, 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Heatseeker @ Feb 24 2011, 22:42) *

Really into my WCW 2001 game right now - for some unknown reason Big Vito of all people is aprroaching main event status with just midcard tag wins - love it.

Lol, i'm playing the same scenario and Big Vito and Johnny the Bull are my Tag Team Champions now, they are apparently ridiculously over....odd.

I had the Insiders win the straps from O'haire and Palumbo and had a dire feud with Totally Buff - so dire that Nash didn't want to even lose a match via DQ or ANYTHING! I'm working towards the Mamalukes winning the gold. Managed to sign Chris Benoit from WWF :S was fooling about with the advanced offers and got a 300k a month offer for Benoit accepted lol he just joined the company so will be making him my MVP purely for how much he is costing me. CZW folded after 2 or 3 months and XPW is almost on the way out too.

• Paid Members

The key to success is this: JUST BOOK TAG MATCHES :thumbsup:

Feuds get loads of heat, tag wrestlers get over big time, match ratings are generally very high- even if you're pitting two half-decent teams against each other.

• Paid Members

I have a question.

I'm on TEW and the TV network dropped me, I've got a new one but its not on the air. Do you have to wait for the end of the TV season and if so when will I get the TV back or have I missed doing something?

I also picked up a theme and the one story says I have to do an angle thats doesn't seem to be there which is odd.

I bought TEW 2010 after playing TEW 2005 and the improvements are really major over the original. I played EWR and its rival Promotion Wars to death back in the day and loved them but the TEW series has taken wrestling sim games to a whole new level.

A lot of people say TEW is too complicated etc, but it really isn't, you can make it as complicated as you like. For example, 'feuds' have been removed from the game and been replaced with 'storylines' - the huge modding community have put together a massive bible of old storylines that you can play through and follow the steps rigidly or you can, like me, use 'unchained storylines', where feuds are progressed simply when both/all storyline participants are in the same segment.

The modding community have also compiled literally thousands of angles you can add to your game, and again, you can trawl through those looking for a fun angle to use, or you can easily and quickly create your own angles/match types. If you wanted to, you could create simple angles and play identically to EWR, for instance you could create an 'interview' angle where feuding wrestler 1 rips into feuding wrestler 2 and use it over and over or you can easily create every angle you use 'on the fly' and make every segment unique.

On my current WWE game, my plan is for The Undertaker to win the WWE Title from The Miz at the Royal Rumble, so on my most recent Raw, Miz beat Randy Orton to retain the belt and then got on the mic before the lights went out and the 'dongs' rang out, with Miz laid out in the ring when the lights came back on (I've been teasing an Undertaker return recently). I created the whole angle myself.

The game is incredibly deep, yet as I say you can make it as simple or complicated as you like. On TEW 2010 the booking system is much quicker with 'drag and drop' booking when you select the wrestlers. You still have the 'minutes' system, which I personally really like, and must live up to your chosen product (e.g. must use lots of angles for sports entertainment). I couldn't hack it going back to selecting from 10 drop down boxes and clicking 'book' for every single match on EWR. Booking was terribly monotonous on EWR.

The best thing about it is the insanely great mods out there for the game. The community have put together an endless amount of scenarios, images, storylines, angles, matches and real world updates. The game's stats and mechanics are just a different class to the EWR game and I could never go back to even TEW 2005 after playing 2010.

I think 2010 costs around

• Paid Members
how do you update EWRs data

Either go to ewrbattleground forum and download the data files, and move & replace these into the ewr folder on your hard drive. You can also edit data yourself using the file editor function on the main menu

Archived