extreme warfare revenge

wwffan2

After 8 years of EWR I have finally decided to give TEW05 a proper go (I downloaded it ages ago, spent half hour on it and gave up).

Can I run 3 brands? For example Raw, Smackdown and NXT? or will workers start losing morale becasue they are not on every show etc?

Also I only seem to have "unchained" storylines? (I am using a July 2011 update) is this the best way to go? I assume this is just like EWR where I can make the storylines/angles up as I go along?

Ta

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
is anyone still playing this ?

I started a new game a few months ago and I'm slowly making my way through it, as I usually play it in fits and starts. Currently working up to TLC in December, and building up to a Wrestlemania card of:

John Cena v Undertaker (Taker's Final Match)

The Rock vs Shawn Michaels ('First Time, Last Time, Only Time')

WWE Title: Alberto Del Rio © vs CM Punk vs The Miz

World Heavyweight Title: Randy Orton © vs Brock Lesnar

Tag Team Titles: Air Boom © vs Beer Money vs All American Perfection (Swagger/Ziggler) vs Regal/Wolfe

Money In The Bank: Wade Barrett vs Sheamus vs Cody Rhodes vs Daniel Bryan vs Christian vs John Morrison

Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara

Can't decide what should go on last though, it'll definitely either be Cena or Rock's match.

I can't remember cos I got an error message and a load of my show results were deleted from the Event History page. Think it was October '11. It's slow cos I go through phases, where I play a few weeks then don't touch the game for a month. But I'm enjoying it, so gonna try and keep this one running long-term.

• 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

TEW 13 Announced

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516427

I'm pleased to announce that we can now officially confirm that my next game for Grey Dog Software will be Total Extreme Wrestling 2013, the sixth game in the series.

The game has been in development since early this year and we are aiming to release it in December 2012; please note that this is only an estimated date, there's still a lot of work to be done on the project so it may get pushed into early 2013 if necessary.

As usual, the ever-popular Developer's Journal - a series of daily posts where I reveal what additions and improvements will be in TEW2013 - will be launched to lead-up to the release. The Journal is due to start in late August \ early September.

To whet your appetite, there is one piece of information that I will reveal now; people generally seem to feel that the jump from TEW2008 to TEW2010 was the biggest and best the series has had, featuring as it did over 200 new additions and improvements....I can confirm that TEW2013 already has over 200 further additions and improvements, and is on course to go well over 350.

--- Initial TEW2013 F.A.Q. ---

How much will it cost?

TEW2013 will be our usual price for a full game, $34.95, and will be secured by ELicense. (TEW2010 will subsequently be lowered in price post-release.)

Will there be a demo?

It will be the same method we always use - we will release a limited-time trial version one week before the official release so that people can get a look at all the improvements and eliminate any last minute bugs \ installation issues.

Is it written from scratch?

No; as with the previous versions, this is written on top of the previous iteration. This is better for everyone as it means I don't have to spend three months "reinventing the wheel" by writing the basics that already work perfectly well in their current form, and it means the "core" of the game has already been play-tested by thousands of users pretty extensively for several years! That isn't to say that the game will look like TEW2010, as the UI is getting a makeover.

What about my TEW2010 database that I've spent years working on?

Databases from the previous version can be easily upgraded to 2013.

Can I be a tester? Or be involved in the development?

Sorry, the development and testing teams are already finalised and hard at work.

I've been playing a TEW05 game where I'm building up a British promotion and I'm seeing where it goes. It's been fairly difficult, I'm about 14 months in, our national popularity has only risen from C- to C and it's been quite hard building new stars, but we're slowly getting there.

I had some fairly big names at first - Doug Williams, Magnus and Winter were with me for quite a while until TNA made their contracts exclusive, which means I've now only got William Regal (released by WWE about six months in) as my only genuine star. I have Pac but can only use him on three shows a month thanks to being with other promotions, so I can't really utilise his talent fully and he's essentially a JTTS.

Anyone have any ideas of getting anyone really over? I can get people up to about C- with ease but beyond that I'm not having much luck.

Been playing TEW 05 in spurts for a few months now,I'm about 2 years into present day WWE,am having problems getting people A* over.Only lads who I can get that over are Triple H,Punk and Kurt Angle.Danielson's been my WHC for 15 months now as a heel and has beaten every other popular guy on the roster but I just can't get him over as a megastar.Gonna try a face turn and see how that works for a month or two and if there's still no change I'll put the strap on my next up and comer,AJ Styles,and try with him.

At that level of popularity, how frequently do you run shows and what kind of attendances do you draw?

I currently have a weekly one-hour show on Syndication UK, one big event on the last Saturday of each month and three house shows. I'm able to sell out "very small" arenas at around 2,000 people a show, and around 7,000 viewers on Syndication. Not entirely realistic numbers but it seems to work okay. The quandary I'm in is that, with Magnus having left, I'm now struggling to put on B- rated cards (Regal is now the only person with at least B- in popularity) so it's getting difficult to grow. Also, I can't get a PPV carrier and Syndication (on the second smallest network size) is the best I can get for TV.

Regardless, I'm still enjoying it so far for the most part.

Archived