UKFF SoccerManager League *Updated 01/06/12*

Bus Surfer

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah he seems like an immature mong, but he's basically harmless. Keep churning out the newspaper articles lads and let him do whatever he wants. Also, i don't think anyone should sell him any players, just to wind him up further.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still loving this game, maybe it's because I'm having a decent run though. Last night I stuck out a weakened team (10 changes from starting line up) to play Spurs in the cup and fully expected a drubbing from them. Imagine my suprise when I log on this morning during my tea break and I've only gone and tanked them 5-0!

Is there an actual skill to this game or is it all just random? Am I feeling chuffed about my tactical prowess for no reason?

I'm still loving this game, maybe it's because I'm having a decent run though. Last night I stuck out a weakened team (10 changes from starting line up) to play Spurs in the cup and fully expected a drubbing from them. Imagine my suprise when I log on this morning during my tea break and I've only gone and tanked them 5-0!

Is there an actual skill to this game or is it all just random? Am I feeling chuffed about my tactical prowess for no reason?

I also fielded my reserves but didn;t expect that to happen! I think it is more random. than anything IMHO.

• Paid Members
I complained about the Juventus manager's articles, mostly for a laugh but also out of curiosity to see what would happen. He's now been removed from the gameworld and had his account suspended. I don't even feel bad about it. Ho ho ho.

I hadn't realised they chucked him out him. I sent them a ticket through too saying I couldn't boot him and he was being a div. Nice one!

QUOTE (JoeyBlayze @ Apr 13 2011, 9:52)

I think alot of the time it does seem random (Although I've never once had my youth team smash a better side in a competitive game.) Formations, player concerns (which will be kicking in soon) and your play style have alot to do with it though. Also, player ratings tend to be the thing people focus heavily on when looking at sides. Like don't assume that a player rated 95 will play better than his opposite number rated 92.

Hey its Dave smith here, Roma manager and until recently one of a trio of george michael fans?!

Just thought id throw in a post saying hi to all the managers. The game does seem fairly random, my 4-0 win to Real and 7-4 loss to Villareal being strange results from my opinion. But hey it just means i wont blame myself if i dont make europe next year!!

Just so i know, how do people prefer striking up business relationships? I was thinking the news articles were a good way to signify interest in selling/buying particular players but dont want to step on any toes as it were. Do people tend to prefer IMs?

Also could people please for the love of god beat or in some way do over Barcelona? Me and Stunstone are good mates and its doing my head in hearing him crowing over victories and having the game equivalent of man city's attacking options while i scour leagues for <90 rated players who may improve over time...partly as im so skint and Romas attendances are shocking!

The news articles are top. I've got to admit I love playing that pompous, prickish, arrogant nob head of a manager but really I'm stoked to have some very good 'working relationships' on that game with other managers. It's all about the networking!

• Moderators

I used to enjoy the news, but I find myself going off it because the teams don't evolve and you can have 60-40 possession and pepper their goal and still get dicked. I'm going to keep at it though, for I AM THE DRAWING DEAUX.

Hey its Dave smith here, Roma manager and until recently one of a trio of george michael fans?!

Just thought id throw in a post saying hi to all the managers. The game does seem fairly random, my 4-0 win to Real and 7-4 loss to Villareal being strange results from my opinion. But hey it just means i wont blame myself if i dont make europe next year!!

Just so i know, how do people prefer striking up business relationships? I was thinking the news articles were a good way to signify interest in selling/buying particular players but dont want to step on any toes as it were. Do people tend to prefer IMs?

Also could people please for the love of god beat or in some way do over Barcelona? Me and Stunstone are good mates and its doing my head in hearing him crowing over victories and having the game equivalent of man city's attacking options while i scour leagues for <90 rated players who may improve over time...partly as im so skint and Romas attendances are shocking!

Why David...you'll have every opportunity to do so yourself next week when we clash...or are you throwing in the towel already?

• Paid Members

Why David...you'll have every opportunity to do so yourself next week when we clash...or are you throwing in the towel already?

i got Barcelona tonight, i'll do them over for you :)

Archived