UKFF SoccerManager League *Updated 01/06/12*

Bus Surfer

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Soccer Manager

Does anyone else play here?

I've been playing this with a few mates for a little while and it's great fun. I just bought a Gold member hip and plan on starting a league up (not sure which one). Wondering if we can get a load of people from here in a league. Would be a laugh.

For anyone that doesn't know, it's web browser based so you don't need to download anything. Just sign up on the site. Real teams, real players. It's not as 'full on' as Football manager, still very good though.

Interested?

I've not been on it before so I've just checked it out now; I'd definitely before up for this!

Have been playing this for ages now! Joined my friends work league which unfortunately in monopolized by said people within the office. I took over Chelsea who had already been raided of Essien, Drogba, Lampard, Ashley Cole and Peter Cech to name a few, and have only bought players from unmanged clubs to get where i am today (6th in the league). It would be nice to join a league where it's a level playing field, as too often in the league i'm in you see players going for like 50 Mill, and then when somebody bids for one of my players it's something like 15 mill for Van Der Vaart or Ibrahimovich.

Don't you have to pay to start a league though?

• Paid Members

Yes you do, I don't mind paying it though, especially if we can get something half decent together and get a load of people in. Any thoughts on which League we should use? I think you can set up Custom Leagues full of the top European sides.

The more people the better really. We'll start from scratch, everyone can their pick up the players then.

• Paid Members

Theres no rush, I'll give it a few days to find out what sort of numbers we'll have, then we can decide what league to do.

Unsure how we can pick the teams though (I have to pick a team when I set it up mind you). The good thing is that the database has every single top flight player on it, so you are spoilt for choice even if you don't get the club you wanted.

The community/forum is very good for scouting out new talents and prospects for the future too.

• Paid Members

3 or 4 Divisions would be ample really.

For anyone wanting to know more about SM:

"SoccerManager.com is free of charge. You manage your team using your web browser. Matches are played at least twice a week.

You can log on at any time to check the status of your squad, check results and fixtures, make player transfers or just have a chat with the rapidly expanding SoccerManager.com community."

Features

Massive multi-player online soccer management game allows you and thousands more to engage in an interactive online soccer world. Similar to the traditional paper based play-by-mail and PC games, but with all the advantages that playing online can bring!

Over 1,500 professional clubs and over 40,000 real life players all with accurate statistics, SoccerManager.com provides you with a huge soccer gaming world to interact in.

Player ratings are continually reviewed and updated based upon their real life form by our dedicated SoccerManager.com research team. A major part of the game is to find the stars of the future and purchase them in your gaming world before your rival managers do!

Monitor your clubs budget with detailed weekly financial statements for all your clubs incomings and outgoings.

Masses of formations, playing styles, tactical options, Substitution choices, allowing you to micro manage your teams match day tactics.

Sophisticated transfer market allowing you to negotiate complex deals, loans, as well as the ability to buy all players within the gaming world.

Detailed match reports and minute by minute match commentary giving you detailed descriptions and information on how your team performed in all their matches.

Watch live match and game world scores On match days for every club you manage.

Huge amount of player statistics for all your players, from goals scored, assists, number of yellow/red cards, their average playing performance, morale, condition and many, many more.

Join your friends In the same league, and build up your SoccerManager.com friends network to see how their teams are doing.

Archived