UKFF SoccerManager League *Updated 01/06/12*

Bus Surfer

What is his match fitness and player morale?

The match rating the player gets is dependant on these. If playing below 90% he wo't perfrom too well, if his morale is below 70 that will impact too.

He was 100 percent match fit with a morale of 80 plus.

His position, DM/CB, indicates that he's primarily a defensive midfielder who can also play as a centre back. If it was CB/DM, it would be the other way round. You shouldn't be expecting miracles as you're effectively playing him out of his preferred position.

Pretty sure I've read somewhere on SM that they will play as good in their secondary as they do in their first.

On the Tactics page, as you're dropping players into position, if the box around them is green when you drop them, they are 100% suitable for that position.

And in other GW's that I play in I've never had trouble with underperforming players when in their secondary position.

Experience tells me otherwise, tbh.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive taken on the England national job, am going to only select players from the UKFF league, make it more interesting, and post squad and results in the Manager Times. First games is march 4th v Korea Republic

I was offered Germany, but, decided to decline to focus on domestic commitments ;)

• Paid Members
Ive taken on the England national job, am going to only select players from the UKFF league, make it more interesting, and post squad and results in the Manager Times. First games is march 4th v Korea Republic

PICK DARREN BENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His position, DM/CB, indicates that he's primarily a defensive midfielder who can also play as a centre back. If it was CB/DM, it would be the other way round. You shouldn't be expecting miracles as you're effectively playing him out of his preferred position.

Yeah, that would wash potentially, but I changed formation for him to be DM after 60/75 mins So even playing in his preferred position he isnt any good. Ive not known such an underperformer anywhere.

Even as a secondary position he isnt playing to 60% of his maximum which is a concern.

It was the same for Ronaldinho until the Juve Match as well :/

Not had the problem elsewhere and will now be on my 3rd formation just to get the player ratings up, and not anything else. Cant build and look for the all important posession if the team are playing like shite

Pretty sure I've read somewhere on SM that they will play as good in their secondary as they do in their first.

On the Tactics page, as you're dropping players into position, if the box around them is green when you drop them, they are 100% suitable for that position.

And in other GW's that I play in I've never had trouble with underperforming players when in their secondary position.

I was under that impression too and it works in my 3 other teams, added to the above, at a complete loss

I got a good 0-0 draw at the Bernabeu. I tried being bold by going with a 4-4-2 formation and based on the stats I was by far the superior side. Casillas had a great game, well that and poor finishing from my players. I feel a little left out looking at the transfer spending of other clubs, so time for me to do some business and bring a couple of quality players in.

Dear England Manager,

Why are you picking Aaron Lennon, but not Theo Walcott or Ashley Young.

Are you fucking mental?

Love,

Every sane England Supporter in the virtual game world.

PS. Paul Scholes and Michael Owen? Really?

Dear England Manager,

Why are you picking Aaron Lennon, but not Theo Walcott or Ashley Young.

Are you fucking mental?

Love,

Every sane England Supporter in the virtual game world.

PS. Paul Scholes and Michael Owen? Really?

The best 5 English midfielders in the league are Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Carrick and Cole.

After Owen the best strikers are Agbonlahor, Carroll and Jerome.

As for Wingers its Cole, then Milner, Lennon, Young and Walcott. Milner can use both feet and Lennon has great eyebrows.

• Paid Members

lost 2-1 in the cup, couldn't pick the side because i aint a gold manager though so my assistant basically changed my whole team around from the one that won 3-1 on the weekend, tit. I need to pay.

lost 2-1 in the cup, couldn't pick the side because i aint a gold manager though so my assistant basically changed my whole team around from the one that won 3-1 on the weekend, tit. I need to pay.

we won 2-1 last night vs Lazio. I am a gold manager, for 1.99 a month its not bad value, extra games and can manage a national side. If you get a yearly sub you get to reserve a side in a brand new league. I thinks its best to start in a new league as I recently took over at River Plate in their 4th season with 300m in the bank and absolutely no squad. Even with that money and offering obscene amounts no one will sell players.

Archived