Flair pulled out of UK tour?

Kata Ha Jime

Oh boy, you've reminded me of some window-licker who used to be a member here who always claimed that he was best mates with Flair

I liked Viktor C.

AJ Spitfire could've written "card subject to change" on all of his posters if his felt tips hadn't run out

Good Arrows!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone seems to be repeating themselves so i will try not to do the same!

Every tna uk show has had a big disapointment

08 angle injured

09 nash injured

10 lashley

All the huge names at the time for the show, or at least the seemingly one offs

This year has been the most expensive tour ever,

08 angle injured

09 nash injured

10 lashley

This made me laugh as it makes it look like the huge dissappointment of 2010 was Lashley turning up.

Depends how you feel but this was at at a time when he was pretty much at the height of his popularity/star power.

He's a impressive athlete of a man of his size and had been a multi time champion in WWE (even if was only the ecw belt)

I thought was a bit crap him not doing the TNA tour so he could beat some tomato-can in an mma fight.

So where is Ric Flair at this current time? Is he still in Ireland or is he with the crew coming from Germany to Glasgow or is he back home in the states?

The poster says "card subject to change".

Nothing personal, Deano, but I'd be interested to know where it says that here:

tna-218242761.jpg

(BTW, if it's the white text in the bottom left hand corner, I've tried blowing that up about 100x and it is still literally unreadable.

You can read it better on this one, thats exactly what it says:

tna-uk-poster-2.jpg

Might also be worth noting that the more recent posters don't refer to it as the 'Woooo tour' either, and that Kurt Angle was advertised

PWInsider are saying that Flair's expected to be at the Glasgow show.

So I guess that means he'll work the two England shows as well.

Some good news finally hopefully he dosent throw anymore wobblers at least until after the manchester show anyway :laugh:

At first I thought the thread title said "Flair pulled on the UK tour" then realised SBA hadnt posted it.

:laugh: Now, that is genuinely quite funny....for you.

Update from Mike Johnson on pwinsider.com.....

As I noted earlier today, the word on Ric Flair is that he'll be returning to the TNA tour starting with tomorrow's event in Glasgow, Scotland.

There were a number of wrestlers who rolled their eyes when they heard Flair was coming back to the tour, but I've heard the decision was strictly a financial one. Since the European tours are sold shows and TNA has had a number of changes (AJ Styles and Alex Shelley injuries, Kurt Angle leaving early due to the premature birth of his daughter, etc.), the feeling was that TNA needed to keep Flair on the tour as a way to maintain good relations with both the local promoters and the European fans who kept supporting the company even as their TV was on hiatus. TNA added Matt Hardy to the tour, initially unadvertised, for the same reasons.

The decision to bring back Flair is not going to be a popular one among at least some of the wrestlers. The majority of the crew was in favor of leaving Flair behind in Dublin and now he has to face them. I was told that several talents spoke up to management in the last 24 hours, pushing for Flair to be sent home and even let go from the company. Talents were burying Flair for his antics, noting that he was ruining the vibe of what had otherwise been a calm, happy tour. A few were comparing Flair to Booker T, who fell out of favor with several in the company during the Germany tour last year, something that was a factor in his eventual departure from TNA.

As I noted yesterday, a number of wrestlers were making light of the entire situation after it went down, cutting "Flair promos" after the situation and quoting comments from his outburst, including Flair's claims that he was going to have a member of TNA management fired. One person I spoke to joked that Jay Lethal should have been booked on the tour, just so he could have been doing his Flair impersonation after everything went down.

While there are some who are angry at Flair for the incident in Dublin, there are also some who feel sorry for Flair. One talent who emailed PWInsider.com this morning gave us permission to repeat the following under condition of anonymity:

"The whole thing was stupid but most of us feel more sorry for him than upset. If someone told you everyone is mad, that's a lie. But, there are some pissed because it makes the entire crew look like a**holes and we are certainly tired of his sh**. Flair's asked several of us for money when he's had his credit cards declined. When that happens, the bar tab comes and others get stuck paying for the very drinks he said were on the house in the first place. Everyone loves the "Nature Boy", but when the limousines and party lifestyle is based on bad credit and lies, it suddenly becomes more pathetic than anything else. There is nothing glamorous about a guy who has no concept of money management and then lies to try and get out of it. The fact he has no money should be a lesson every wrestler today should take note of. Don't let this happen to you. If you read the Gorgeous George book that came out and then take an honest look at Ric, you realize, wow, that book is pretty much predicting his future - and that's not a happy ending."

Another source commented that the Flair incident was the best thing that could have happened to the company, since it forces management to deal with it first-hand and might make TNA a little more leery of continuing to bring in expensive veteran talent when the last year has shown no upside to it based on the current ratings. That source noted that the younger side of the locker room has started to unite against the veterans, feeling they are the ones pulling the cart with their work and working regularly on the road, while a number of the veterans (but not all) treat the company like it's their "country club".

That source noted, "I respect what the older guys have done, but they aren't making us any money. Nothing reflects that. We would draw the exact same if 99% of them were gone. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to take a leap forward and I really think more and more that's where TNA is. Obviously, you need some veteran talents but there's a crew here that wants to build a company and we want to focus on that, not paying someone's bar tab and having to wait for him to fight it out with Craig Jenkins [TNA Management] when he doesn't get his way."

Archived