Flair pulled out of UK tour?

Kata Ha Jime

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
TNA tours really suck. They're so high on Europe as a great market, but we always get shafted with a B roster and typical house show matches.

Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Mr. Anderson, Jeff Jarrett, Matt Hardy and Beer Money are hardly a B roster. They are some of the main acts at the moment on TV. Angle wasnt advertised anyway and had to go home, AJ Styles is injured and so is Alex Shelley. This show is still worth the money. I bet some 12 year old lad isnt going to give a fuck about Flair, as long as Jeff Hardy wears his funny facepaint. TNA's tours are usually action packed with rowdy and happy crowds, who come back the next year.

Yeah I mean Angle hasn't "wrestled" since Oct and was never announced as wrestling on the shows and I don't think anyone can say they wouldn't have gone home in his situation. Flair is a manager and while advertised and probably the reason some people bought tickets, it's not like the world champion won't be appearing. I'm still looking forward to the Glasgow show. Jeff Jarrett V Lionheart is still on yeah?

Dont you guys get pissed when you spend too much money to see a TNA show (or a WWE show for that matter) only to see your favs going through the motions, getting away with doing a few signature spots and then wrapping up the match as soon as possible?

I've seen quite a few WWF/ WWE, TNA and WCW shows live. The only wrestlers who wrestled a PPV kind of match were RVD, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Undertaker and Steve Austin. The rest... pfff....

• Paid Members
Dont you guys get pissed when you spend too much money to see a TNA show (or a WWE show for that matter) only to see your favs going through the motions, getting away with doing a few signature spots and then wrapping up the match as soon as possible?

Thats never been a criticism launched at TNA. For all the shit they get, saying the roster of talent phone it in on house shows is ridiculous, since thats one of the things they are praised for.

I went to the TNA tour in 2009 and it was laughable.

Why did you go then? Obviously you'd have seen the line-up, since your obviously pretty anal about star quality.

I wanted to give TNA live a chance, hoping there would be a difference compared to the WWF/WWE or WCW European shows.

This was the card:

Try-Out Match:

Bad Bones vs Karsten Kretschmer

Singles Match:

"Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs Sheik Abdul Bashir

Triple Threat Match:

Awesome Kong vs Velvet Sky vs Taylor Wilde

Singles Match:

Rhino vs Hernandez

Tag Team Match:

Beer Money, Inc. (James Storm & Robert Roode) vs The British Invasion (Doug Williams & Brutus Magnus)

TNA X-Division Championship Match:

Samoa Joe © vs Suicide

Six Man Tag Team No DQ Match - Special Enforcer: Mick Foley

Abyss & Team 3D (Brother Ray & Brother Devon) vs The Main Event Mafia (Kurt Angle, Scott Steiner & Booker T (w/ Sharmell))

Flair - get the fuck over yourself, get your arse on a plane and do your fucking job!!

Maybe you wouldn't need to take a draw if you hadnt pissed and partied away more money than all of us on this forum could ever hope of earning in a lifetime combined, or spent it on young wives who were always bound to screw you more in the wallet than they would in the bedroom.

Tour does seem to be 'cursed' but the shows so far [which haven't had Flair wrestling] have received rave reviews so am I gonna be narked that Flair might not be standing at ringside yelling '"Whoooo!" every few minures, punching himself in the head so he bleeds or getting his pants pulled down so I can see his saggy, pasty, wrinkled, pensioner arse in Manchester? I'm sure I'll cope somehow.

• Paid Members
Just shows he's only in it for the money

Did any one think any different? I thought every one sort of knew it was just about the money.

I've seen quite a few WWF/ WWE, TNA and WCW shows live. The only wrestlers who wrestled a PPV kind of match were RVD, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Undertaker and Steve Austin. The rest... pfff....

I've seen a fair few WWE shows over here since the start of 04 and its been very rare I've felt short changed with the effort. Hell I remember one Taker Vs Edge match which wouldn't have looked out of place on a B level PPV. Are they all chock full of 5* classics, well no, but its a house show and on the last tour the roof blew off when R-Truth hit an arm drag, It was the first match and he did nothing but arm drags and the roof was off the place. Howevre later on Shamus and Morrison gave a match which was well in PPV quality and was fucking ace, and judging by the matches they had after was them testing some stuff out. Like wise I recall a HHH Vs Umaga no DQ match which was pretty much the match that followed at the next PPV bar a couple of the biggest spots.

The TNA shows i've seen over here have all be fun, and again they quite clearly were putting the effort in for the most part.

I went to the TNA tour in 2009 and it was laughable.

Why? Do you look down on them? Are you better than them?

Nope. But a promotion like wXw IS way better than them. So my money will be heading into their direction instead of wasting it on the TNA live experience.

Archived