Flair pulled out of UK tour?

Kata Ha Jime

im praying that they sort it out, and he makes it to london, so gutted that aj, shelley and angle (my 3 faves) all not making it, and now flair, WHOM THE TOUR IS NAMED AFTER ffs.

and if they do get flair back on the tour, what if the fans just give him a hard time in manchester and he just fucks off again before london???

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
what if the fans just give him a hard time in manchester and he just fucks off again before london???

I doubt Flair is the kind of person who'd give two shits about the crowd getting on him, truth be told. He'd relish it.

TNA tours really suck. They're so high on Europe as a great market, but we always get shafted with a B roster and typical house show matches.

Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Mr. Anderson, Jeff Jarrett, Matt Hardy and Beer Money are hardly a B roster. They are some of the main acts at the moment on TV. Angle wasnt advertised anyway and had to go home, AJ Styles is injured and so is Alex Shelley. This show is still worth the money. I bet some 12 year old lad isnt going to give a fuck about Flair, as long as Jeff Hardy wears his funny facepaint. TNA's tours are usually action packed with rowdy and happy crowds, who come back the next year.

My lad is 14 & gutted! Then again, he did buy a ticket for the "Whooooooo" Tour! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TNA tours really suck. They're so high on Europe as a great market, but we always get shafted with a B roster and typical house show matches.

Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Mr. Anderson, Jeff Jarrett, Matt Hardy and Beer Money are hardly a B roster. They are some of the main acts at the moment on TV. Angle wasnt advertised anyway and had to go home, AJ Styles is injured and so is Alex Shelley. This show is still worth the money. I bet some 12 year old lad isnt going to give a fuck about Flair, as long as Jeff Hardy wears his funny facepaint. TNA's tours are usually action packed with rowdy and happy crowds, who come back the next year.

My lad is 14 & gutted! Then again, he did buy a ticket for the "Whooooooo" Tour! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dont you guys get pissed when you spend too much money to see a TNA show (or a WWE show for that matter) only to see your favs going through the motions, getting away with doing a few signature spots and then wrapping up the match as soon as possible?

I've seen quite a few WWF/ WWE, TNA and WCW shows live. The only wrestlers who wrestled a PPV kind of match were RVD, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Undertaker and Steve Austin. The rest... pfff....

Totally agree.

Well, I've always attended 2 or more TNA House Showss since they first started touring the U.K. & I am yet to feel disappointed or let down yet by parting with my money for a Ticket, they put on just as good a House Show as WWE if in some cases, not better.

It does suck that we have lost A.J. & Shelley, but that can't be helped due to injuries & well, in the case of Angle, only right to put his lady & new born child first.

As for Flair, well, I can understnhad some people are gonna be upset with that due to wanting to see him Live or Wrestle & for the fact the Tour is named aster him, but, to be fair, this isn't TNA's fault, it's through his own doing.

The only thing I would have liked from TNA to make up for some of this stuff was the additon of Scoot Steiner added to the Tour as i still mark for that guy to this day &just adding him would have made up for all the stuff that's started going wrong with this tour. Plus, the episode of Impact in which Steiner returns airs in the U.S. Thursday night, meanign to the non clued up fan, would look like he's part of the tour as he is now back on the roster & for those of us that read spoilers or come on UKFF & knew he was comign abck, well, would have been a nice little bonus for us.

Hopefully Dixie or one of her staff members are on the case right now of getting Steiner over hopefully for Thursday ro Friday as I'll be at both the Glasgow & Manchester shows.

Dont you guys get pissed when you spend too much money to see a TNA show (or a WWE show for that matter) only to see your favs going through the motions, getting away with doing a few signature spots and then wrapping up the match as soon as possible?

I've seen quite a few WWF/ WWE, TNA and WCW shows live. The only wrestlers who wrestled a PPV kind of match were RVD, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Undertaker and Steve Austin. The rest... pfff....

Totally agree.

To be fair to Pro Wrestlers though, I understand it's a job & it's what they're paid for, but with the risks involved & doing a lot of travelling around the world as well as wrestling so many nights, would you go balls to the wall / PPV calibre match when you're wrestling so many nights / dates. It's better if they keep their bodies in check / limit injuries so we can enjoy them being around longer rather than injuring themselves by trying to have a 5 star classic 5 to 6 nights a week.

Big ups & fair play to the guys who do put the effort in & bust their arses on House Shows for us, but, I don't mind some House Show matches phoned in as long as those guys that do go all out for TV & PPV.

I believe they should speak to him, comply with whatever ridiculous demands he is making, and get him to the remainder of the shows he is advertised to be appearing. Give him the reprimand when he gets back to the states.

Fulfilling the bookings on a UK tour should be a kind of priority considering the attendances they draw over here. Putting on cards with advertised big names missing will most probably discourage the casual from attending future events.

Just shows he's only in it for the money

Did any one think any different? I thought every one sort of knew it was just about the money.

Exactly, we already knew that. Anyways, this is the sort of behaviour that Kevin Nash receives continuous praise for on this very forum!

Anyone managed to see any news on Flair returning to the tour yet? I was getting really excited to see him vs doug williams on saturday. Will be gutted if he no shows over something stupid.

Anyone managed to see any news on Flair returning to the tour yet? I was getting really excited to see him vs doug williams on saturday. Will be gutted if he no shows over something stupid.

There's no news yet. Tomorrow's Glasgow event would probably answer the question though. If Flair works that show then he's back on the tour. If he doesn't then he's most likely not working the England shows as well.

There's no news yet. Tomorrow's Glasgow event would probably answer the question though. If Flair works that show then he's back on the tour. If he doesn't then he's most likely not working the England shows as well.

I

Im still sure its gonna be a good show but with 4 talents pulling out (I'll let off AJ, Shelley and Angle due to injury and Child being born (congrats Angle by the way)) But TNA obviously has no control over its big name stars and it'll be the first and possibly last time i buy a tna ticket. I'll forgive them though if they fly over Samoa Joe to wrestle Williams on saturday :)

just found this on nodq.com

- To update on the Ric Flair incident in Dublin, Ireland, it is said that Flair allegedly played hardball, not getting on the bus after his request for a financial advance was refused. As this kind of thing has occured before and with Flair refusing to get on the plane, a decision was made to leave him behind.

One source revealed that because of Flair's outburst, members of the roster were in favor of leaving Flair, some even mocking him, using his "signature promo lines" after the bus left without him.

There was also talk that Flair's legendary "partying" habits on the tour may have also had something to do with his decision not to get on the bus.

Finally, just to clarify, TNA management did not send Flair home. He was simply left behind after "blowing up" and subsequently refusing to travel, and is likely still in Europe.

just found this on nodq.com

- To update on the Ric Flair incident in Dublin, Ireland, it is said that Flair allegedly played hardball, not getting on the bus after his request for a financial advance was refused. As this kind of thing has occured before and with Flair refusing to get on the plane, a decision was made to leave him behind.

One source revealed that because of Flair's outburst, members of the roster were in favor of leaving Flair, some even mocking him, using his "signature promo lines" after the bus left without him.

There was also talk that Flair's legendary "partying" habits on the tour may have also had something to do with his decision not to get on the bus.

Finally, just to clarify, TNA management did not send Flair home. He was simply left behind after "blowing up" and subsequently refusing to travel, and is likely still in Europe.

Already been posted my friend!

Archived