Positivity Thread!

Dynamite Duane

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I came home yesterday morning to find 24 boxes of Maltesers in my living room.

Yeah, I'm sure this belongs in here.

That's superb. Why were there 24 boxes of Maltesers in your front room, AND do you fancy "Paying it forward" as it were?

They're gone.

I was gonna give it to the afternoon at least to dig in. Two days and nobody had touched them until this morning. Turns out they belong to my housemate, although why the fuck he ordered that much is lost on me. Oh well. At least I'll always have the moment when I decided to watch some TV, only to be greeted by this. . .

004.jpg

I was so excited :(

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd bump this one up what with the glorious summer weather, be great to hear what cool 'n' groovy things you've all be doing since the gloomy winter! :D:cool:

Join in and share some good news!

I'm just chuffed that my son's singing is coming on well, really proud. His got a brilliant voice and is very enthusiastic, rather than being pushed into doing it. The stage school is doing a showcase in a couple of weeks time, be great to see him perform and see what he's learnt at the classes each week.

I'm doing the Glasgow half marathon in September for save the children as iv realized iv spent the previous 3 years in missing out in my employers doubling any money I make for charity , and want to bleed them dry and help someone else out

Graduating from uni on Wednesday with a BSc (Hons) in Pharmaceutical Science, cape based antics ahoy!

• Paid Members

After a weekend of debauchery I'm going to start taking things a little bit more positive to try and sort my head and more importantly belly out. After seeing our very own kookookachu has achieved weight loss through hard work and discipline, it inspired me to try and shift a few pounds myself. Just to clarify, thats the end of the connection, I dont mean I want to get back into shape to go track her down and try and pull her. *

I'm just fed up of having no confidence since my last girlfriend cheated on me a year or so ago and barely having the guts to admit I'm interested when I meet someone I like - and I have met someome over the last six months that I really care about but cant bring myself to say anything or pick up the phone more than once a fortnight or so to see how she's doing.

I'm really fed up of being told "you're a decent looking guy for a bigger lad" - I just want to be a decent looking guy. I'm fed up of being that nice guy my girl mates tell me is so nice, then complain about their arsehole (admittedly slimmer, sexier) boyfriends to, but never want to take a chance on. They all know someone thats perfect for me, they say, which is a nice way of saying they aren't interested themselves. To be honest, I just don't like what I see in the mirror either.

So, I have a month before my hol / wrestling trip to Japan which I hope to be a bit of an awakening / turning point, which is the day after my best mate's wedding where I will be surrounded by slim people and worst of all happy people in couples. Time to get that doctors note my new gym want (presumably because of the asthma which hasnt stopped me going to my last gym on and off for the last year) and get cracking again. No more Dominos, no more full fat cherry Coke, and if I get treats for the employees I'll sulk and not have them myself. I want to feel good about my physique again. I used to.

I'm also reading A Game Of Thrones on the plane which I am looking forward too, and the wedding itself should be nice..

* This is only half true.

After a weekend of debauchery I'm going to start taking things a little bit more positive to try and sort my head and more importantly belly out. After seeing our very own kookookachu has achieved weight loss through hard work and discipline, it inspired me to try and shift a few pounds myself. Just to clarify, thats the end of the connection, I dont mean I want to get back into shape to go track her down and try and pull her. *

I'm just fed up of having no confidence since my last girlfriend cheated on me a year or so ago and barely having the guts to admit I'm interested when I meet someone I like - and I have met someome over the last six months that I really care about but cant bring myself to say anything or pick up the phone more than once a fortnight or so to see how she's doing.

I'm really fed up of being told "you're a decent looking guy for a bigger lad" - I just want to be a decent looking guy. I'm fed up of being that nice guy my girl mates tell me is so nice, then complain about their arsehole (admittedly slimmer, sexier) boyfriends to, but never want to take a chance on. They all know someone thats perfect for me, they say, which is a nice way of saying they aren't interested themselves. To be honest, I just don't like what I see in the mirror either.

So, I have a month before my hol / wrestling trip to Japan which I hope to be a bit of an awakening / turning point, which is the day after my best mate's wedding where I will be surrounded by slim people and worst of all happy people in couples. Time to get that doctors note my new gym want (presumably because of the asthma which hasnt stopped me going to my last gym on and off for the last year) and get cracking again. No more Dominos, no more full fat cherry Coke, and if I get treats for the employees I'll sulk and not have them myself. I want to feel good about my physique again. I used to.

I'm also reading A Game Of Thrones on the plane which I am looking forward too, and the wedding itself should be nice..

Get a bike mate. I started cycling to work at the start of the year and the weight has fallen off. If like me you can't be arsed going to the gym then this is ideal as you do it as part of your daily commute.

I live in Manchester as well and cycle from near the Trafford Centre to town (5.25 miles) and it takes me less than 20 mins a day. This is actually about the same amount of time as it takes me to drive and a lot quicker than the train/bus.

A lot of companies do the "cycle to work" scheme so you might be able to get a really nice, new bike for a couple of quid a month. It's definitely worth checking out.

A friend of mine has been doing the sponsored bike ride from London to Paris, in aid of British Heart Foundation. If I thought of it sooner I would've posted his link to sponsor him on here. I'll give him a call later to see how it went, brave thing to do, he doesn't look athletic but he must be bloody fit to do it.

• Paid Members

Get a bike mate. I started cycling to work at the start of the year and the weight has fallen off. If like me you can't be arsed going to the gym then this is ideal as you do it as part of your daily commute.

I live in Manchester as well and cycle from near the Trafford Centre to town (5.25 miles) and it takes me less than 20 mins a day. This is actually about the same amount of time as it takes me to drive and a lot quicker than the train/bus.

A lot of companies do the "cycle to work" scheme so you might be able to get a really nice, new bike for a couple of quid a month. It's definitely worth checking out.

Agree with this 100%. I just started cycling to work recently (mainly 'cos I'm poor these days), and I can feel myself getting fitter on a daily basis.

Thing is, would like to hit the gym more often, but it's so fucking boring. Cycling makes it much easier to get healthy.

• Paid Members

What a great thread! Very positive!

thumbs_up.jpg

Was having some money struggles - living okay day to day, but apart from groceries we were pretty much pinned down (the fact that we love takeout, and live in NYC, does cause some of those problems) - however, just got

Thought I'd bump this one up what with the glorious summer weather, be great to hear what cool 'n' groovy things you've all be doing since the gloomy winter! :D:cool:

I went to see The Flaming Lips at Jodrell Bank Observatory and I know full well how the following sounds. It was one of the most uplifting, positive experiences of my life. The mix of Science and one of the best live bands in the world was overwhelming.

(I put my phone away at this point). The mahoosive dish you see was used to project images onto it but before the encore it was used to show a short film. As soon as the film finished, the Lips kicked in with "Race For The Prize" and my brain had an orgasm.

Archived